blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Big Game- early stages with KK
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Game- early stages with KK  (Read 2535 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »

Its 4th level of the Big game at DTD, blinds 100/200/25. Have approx 22k so chipped up a little since the start, happy with the table so far, and do not recognize any of the players.

UTG+2 opens to 450. This guy had been opening a lot of pots, and had shown down the   and other similar hands a couple of times. We look down at   in the cut off, and make it 1425. Folds to BB (villian) who cold calls, playing around 30k, maybe a touch more. Original raiser folds.

Flop:  J 3 4 rainbow. Villian donks 1700. We flat.
Turn 8. Still rainbow. Villian 2600. We flat.
River 7. Villian leads 5100

We??
Thoughts on raising the flop/ turn??

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »

See you at the river

(call, call, call)

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »

happy with call,call call happy with raising flop not folding though

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »

yeah dont mind call, call, call option as i feel he has a lot of jacks in his range here. Never folding the river?

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »

yeah dont mind call, call, call option as i feel he has a lot of jacks in his range here. Never folding the river?

Never without knowing lots about him. Just pay him off if he has a better hand which will be pretty rarely.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »

I think i'd prefer raising flop
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »

im jamming the river before im folding

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:41:10 AM »

Call every street imo.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 01:34:52 AM »

defo not a structure where you should be thinking about folding over-pairs too often

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »

Thanks for the help guys. As you can tell, i lost the hand, as he casually rolled over the 56os for the nuts, and said, 'i only called as youve been raising my blind a lot. Well played sir. Semi annoyed immediately after as you always think should i have been more aggressive earlier and possibly won the pot of the turn? Ah well, thanks for the advice, glad i seemed to have played it alright!! Well until Pleno posts anyway!!  Cheesy

Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »

I think you should raise the flop here, people just don't donk better than kings here that much. Now you've got to the river is just call. We can raise 3's, 4's but the Linsey draw has pinged in and a dirty back door straight too so not a good river to raise.

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »

I think you should raise the flop here, people just don't donk better than kings here that much. Now you've got to the river is just call. We can raise 3's, 4's but the Linsey draw has pinged in and a dirty back door straight too so not a good river to raise.

yeah absolutely agree that flop is a slam dunk raise, especially with history. on this board speficially wtf would he lead a set?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »

I think people usually lead here to find out where they are, or to protect. So when you raise, sometimes they have "found out" and some people will fold a Jack face-up, sometimes people will have 66 and also fold, as well as some random bluffs or worse pairs.

Also, they might fold on the turn or river, especially if they are bad cards for your perceived range and their hand.

I think calling keeps them thinking they probably have the best hand, which is the crucial thing here imo. You can call 3 streets, bet turn and river big, raise the river on some runouts (e.g. board pairing or just general bricks, or sets for us obv), raise the turn if he bets really small (some people do this). Overall, I think calling will win you more chips long term.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »

I think people usually lead here to find out where they are, or to protect. So when you raise, sometimes they have "found out" and some people will fold a Jack face-up, sometimes people will have 66 and also fold, as well as some random bluffs or worse pairs.

Also, they might fold on the turn or river, especially if they are bad cards for your perceived range and their hand.

I think calling keeps them thinking they probably have the best hand, which is the crucial thing here imo. You can call 3 streets, bet turn and river big, raise the river on some runouts (e.g. board pairing or just general bricks, or sets for us obv), raise the turn if he bets really small (some people do this). Overall, I think calling will win you more chips long term.

I definitely agree with alex here. By raising the flop we give the a guy a chance to fold a lot of hands, including his bluffs. Very rare to see a guy bluff donk and then just give up. By calling I would expect to get value from his bluffs for at least one more street, and from a J on potentially all three streets. Guy can pretty easily, imo, have like 10/10 or something similar, think there's only one over, so lets bet and hope he has AK and flats. Then he fires most turn cards that aren't an A, and we get two streets off an underpair, happy days. I think Pleno and Nit Tendencies are pretty spot on that he rarely donks this flop with a better hand than KK, so why do we want to give him a chance to fold any of these hands?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 02:40:05 AM »

I definitely agree with alex here. By raising the flop we give the a guy a chance to fold a lot of hands, including his bluffs. Very rare to see a guy bluff donk and then just give up. By calling I would expect to get value from his bluffs for at least one more street, and from a J on potentially all three streets. Guy can pretty easily, imo, have like 10/10 or something similar, think there's only one over, so lets bet and hope he has AK and flats. Then he fires most turn cards that aren't an A, and we get two streets off an underpair, happy days. I think Pleno and Nit Tendencies are pretty spot on that he rarely donks this flop with a better hand than KK, so why do we want to give him a chance to fold any of these hands?

I dunno about you but when i have AK and try to raise this board they hold onto top pair like their first born fkn child.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: