blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:09:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Chat Box Warriors
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chat Box Warriors  (Read 5614 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »

To say I'm disappointed at the chat content, would be an understatement. Sad

I know Sad As I said, it got better later, but I couldn't get the whole conversation Sad Then everyone itt wanted it posted, I panicked, rubbish chat put up Sad

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »

The last time I had this bad a let down was when Cloughie sold Teddy Sheringham then 6 months later bought in Robert Rosario to replace him Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »

Can't wait for part two, where you discuss the weather and which type of cardboard you prefer.

Tomsom, hit me up with a suitable gif, please.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 02:46:09 PM »

Ban plz.

I am struggling to even come up with an analogy to represent how tame this is. If anything you come across worse.

It is akin to a....... I dunno... A church bake sale where the Vicar's wife has commented that the organ player might have used a few too many hundreds and thousands to top her fairy cakes

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

On a serious note though, I am interested to know how people respond to the abuse/little niggley comments that they get in the chat boxes. Again, as a predominantly live player, I'm used to the occasional comment or two but normally, given the fact that I very rarely shut up at the table, people tend to keep quiet or join in the gentle piss taking that often seems to go on at the table. Anonymity of the internet and all dat, tho. Rumours has it that beaneh is a proper chat box warrior.

To clarify, I wasn't at all annoyed by his comments, just wanted to say hello. I like talking to people, and when someone starts using the chatbox and I see a way to get a little conversation going, I like to take it Smiley
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:47:54 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »

I think I amshaun posts on blonde, under another forum name.

Have you lived a sheltered life Rexas?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 03:03:51 PM »

Did you really call a raise with Q3?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »

Q9 wasnt it? Rexas aint a fish you know Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »

Right you are.

Pretty sure you're supposed to raise fold that.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »

Right you are.

Smiley

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 03:17:28 PM »

Right you are.

Very good  Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 03:29:02 PM »

On a serious note though, I am interested to know how people respond to the abuse/little niggley comments that they get in the chat boxes. Again, as a predominantly live player, I'm used to the occasional comment or two but normally, given the fact that I very rarely shut up at the table, people tend to keep quiet or join in the gentle piss taking that often seems to go on at the table. Anonymity of the internet and all dat, tho. Rumours has it that beaneh is a proper chat box warrior.

To clarify, I wasn't at all annoyed by his comments, just wanted to say hello. I like talking to people, and when someone starts using the chatbox and I see a way to get a little conversation going, I like to take it Smiley

Agreeing with them whole heartedly has a 100% hit rate for me.  This is live, online and most situations in life.  I remember once I was walking home from work many years ago and total random stranger with a can of Fosters in one hand was obviously looking for some sort of fight so he used his free hand to stop my walking at the chest.  He says to me 'You know you're a C*** right.'  I turned and looked him in the eye, no fear or anger and said 'You're quite right, I'm a complete C***.'  He looked at me perplexed, he was not expecting my reply.  So he just repeated his first statement a couple of times.  I replied each time 'I've already agreed with you, is there anything else.'  He just wandered off mouth agape and utterly confused.

The point is most chatbox warriors have a predetermined idea of how you are going to react, be they intelligent Regs who for some reason find either entertainment or solace in the activity, or they are mono-braincelled individuals who just want to spread their own disharmony.  Give them something they aren't expecting, most do not have the capacity to compute it.

On a side note, I really get annoyed with some Regs who say they only berate other Regs and imply this is ok because it's just Reg on Reg.  The problem I have with this is they are really souring the experience for the recreational player.  Just because you are not berating the Rec or 'tapping the tank' directly as it were, the Recs are much more likely to read the chatbox and think 'I'm not enjoying this because I don't want to be next to get that sort of abuse.'  And less play as a result, which is bad for everyone.  Even if there are no Recs at the table some may be watching.

Cliffs:  Just don't be a douche.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »

Meh they didn't even wish somebody dead 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »

Just ignore them, or wait until you win the next pot and needle them a bit 
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 04:26:09 PM »

Can't wait for part two, where you discuss the weather and which type of cardboard you prefer.

Tomsom, hit me up with a suitable gif, please.

Sorry have been otherwise engaged all day.  It's one I have used before but I maintain it has validity here:

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:33:22 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: