blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:55:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Chat Box Warriors
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chat Box Warriors  (Read 5618 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »

I think I amshaun posts on blonde, under another forum name.

Have you lived a sheltered life Rexas?

been searching for 'bellend' but no results.

Hmmm

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »

Thank you, tomsom

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »

On a serious note though, I am interested to know how people respond to the abuse/little niggley comments that they get in the chat boxes. Again, as a predominantly live player, I'm used to the occasional comment or two but normally, given the fact that I very rarely shut up at the table, people tend to keep quiet or join in the gentle piss taking that often seems to go on at the table. Anonymity of the internet and all dat, tho. Rumours has it that beaneh is a proper chat box warrior.

To clarify, I wasn't at all annoyed by his comments, just wanted to say hello. I like talking to people, and when someone starts using the chatbox and I see a way to get a little conversation going, I like to take it Smiley

Agreeing with them whole heartedly has a 100% hit rate for me.  This is live, online and most situations in life.  I remember once I was walking home from work many years ago and total random stranger with a can of Fosters in one hand was obviously looking for some sort of fight so he used his free hand to stop my walking at the chest.  He says to me 'You know you're a C*** right.'  I turned and looked him in the eye, no fear or anger and said 'You're quite right, I'm a complete C***.'  He looked at me perplexed, he was not expecting my reply.  So he just repeated his first statement a couple of times.  I replied each time 'I've already agreed with you, is there anything else.'  He just wandered off mouth agape and utterly confused.

The point is most chatbox warriors have a predetermined idea of how you are going to react, be they intelligent Regs who for some reason find either entertainment or solace in the activity, or they are mono-braincelled individuals who just want to spread their own disharmony.  Give them something they aren't expecting, most do not have the capacity to compute it.

On a side note, I really get annoyed with some Regs who say they only berate other Regs and imply this is ok because it's just Reg on Reg.  The problem I have with this is they are really souring the experience for the recreational player.  Just because you are not berating the Rec or 'tapping the tank' directly as it were, the Recs are much more likely to read the chatbox and think 'I'm not enjoying this because I don't want to be next to get that sort of abuse.'  And less play as a result, which is bad for everyone.  Even if there are no Recs at the table some may be watching.

Cliffs:  Just don't be a douche.

Total random stranger?Huh? Sounds like someone who knows you really well
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »

Meh they didn't even wish somebody dead 

To win at poker is to not have to play
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »

Time for wild speculation on what his blonde alias is. 
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »

Time for wild speculation on what his blonde alias is. 

We will know he is in the inner circle when Greeky gets banned for calling him a bellend Smiley
china mug

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 06:21:19 PM »

in direct sales there used to be a old maxim that once you give the prospect the price ....so you see mr shagnasty the whole of the front of the house with the gold handles you wanted mrs shagnasty all comes to just 10,255 pounds,great value im sure youl agree.......then you shut the fuck up ,because who ever speaks next loses.....

to put it into poker chat box speak juas type a string of letters at the target such as ...esad...
when it bugs him enouth he will speak and type in ....esad?..
you then enlighten him...esad_eat shit and die
game set and match
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »

in direct sales there used to be a old maxim that once you give the prospect the price ....so you see mr shagnasty the whole of the front of the house with the gold handles you wanted mrs shagnasty all comes to just 10,255 pounds,great value im sure youl agree.......then you shut the fuck up ,because who ever speaks next loses.....

to put it into poker chat box speak juas type a string of letters at the target such as ...esad...
when it bugs him enouth he will speak and type in ....esad?..
you then enlighten him...esad_eat shit and die
game set and match

Direct Sales ,   seemingly not what it used to be .
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »

that seems the best way to make friends!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »

when people shout at me in chat i go for either a) ignore b) a simple, consolidatory "ul", or c) my favorite option which is to just barrage ipoker's vast array of different smiley faces at them

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Shocked Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Tongue Kiss thumbs up

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »

Was expecting more of this,

Click to see full-size image.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 11:58:51 AM »

That's more like it lol
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »

It's sometimes easier to turn it off, had a classic last night - got called all sorts for playing  against  when the pot was around 1400 I shove all in on the river for 4k get called and knock him out on a 23456 board. He must have had a bad day cos then the abuse came flying at me...the one thing I would like to see on all sites is a tab that tells other players xxxxxx has blocked your chat or xxxxxx has chat turned off.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 01:54:53 PM »

I'm sure I've asked this before, but why do we even have the chat facility online?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »

I can't believe that Matt of all people doesn't understand why people rant when they lose a hand of poker.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: