blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  xmas presents!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: xmas presents!!!!!!  (Read 2431 times)
teamonkey

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »

we live in a small house

we have all we need, and more to be honest

even the kids have too much and will basically get cash and a few token wrapups

i dont know what to get my wife, she has perfume, too many shoes/boots, her summer clothes are bagged up and away, and still my wardrobe is half filled with hers, Oasis havent reformed so no point sorting out a gig weekend (plus thats not an xmas pressent thing) i'm planning a ridiculously awesome birthday present for her next year which is not a wintery month thing. jewelry has been done, as have watches. and to top it all off she bought herself a dyson handheld (was my trump card, beleive me when i say she'd have loved it)

help please!!!!!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »

Have a look through here for some ideas maybe?

http://www.groupon.co.uk/
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »

Get a family doing present rather than some gift to keep.  Have a great day/weekend (or even more) out as a family and enjoy it all together.

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

eazy pezy, for the lady who has everything.  How long have you been married and therefore how many Christmas's has she looked after you?

Get a load of blow up balloons, number them one to X  (numbers of years married) . Instruct her that every time she wants you to do a specific thing for her  all she has to do is blow up a balloon starting at  number one.  Place it some where you will find it,  you have to ask her what she wants and you  "HAVE" to do it....  Paint bathroom, take the dog for a walk, cook a meal......let her imagination make any demand on you and you have to do it.  She kinda gets to make x number of "make a wish".

I have done this one, she started subbing me out, i ended up painting her friends elderly mums Kitchen.

The killer for you is, you come home from work after a hard day at the office go in the bathroom and see murthufucking Ballon No3 stuck on the bathroom mirror and you dread what she may demand of you.....  hope you get lucky Smiley

I have others  Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 05:51:18 PM »

eazy pezy, for the lady who has everything.  How long have you been married and therefore how many Christmas's has she looked after you?

Get a load of blow up balloons, number them one to X  (numbers of years married) . Instruct her that every time she wants you to do a specific thing for her  all she has to do is blow up a balloon starting at  number one.  Place it some where you will find it,  you have to ask her what she wants and you  "HAVE" to do it....  Paint bathroom, take the dog for a walk, cook a meal......let her imagination make any demand on you and you have to do it.  She kinda gets to make x number of "make a wish".

I have done this one, she started subbing me out, i ended up painting her friends elderly mums Kitchen.

The killer for you is, you come home from work after a hard day at the office go in the bathroom and see murthufucking Ballon No3 stuck on the bathroom mirror and you dread what she may demand of you.....  hope you get lucky Smiley

I have others  Smiley

That sounds like a nightmare for the person giving tbh!  Grin
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »

Weekend away, Groupon always has great deals, or Spa day..

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »

Jack gave me 12 coupons last year and I thought it was really sweet.  On each one he wrote out what it was for.  Cutting the lawn for the entire season, finish the bathroom tiling, cook a romantic meal, a lie in while he took the dogs for their morning walk every day for a week...etc.  Little things that might seem silly to others but you think she'd appreciate...plus it saves you getting hit up with a request to paint her friend's elderly parent's house. 

A spa day is a good one as well, but you have to make it a spa day for two.  Either for the pair of you or for her and a friend.  Don't know about other women, but I definitely wouldn't like going in on my own because there's lunch and all included in the day and it's nice to have company.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

Yeah agree with Woodsey, silly idea.  If you're going down this route, write the tokens out at least, that's a better idea if your intent of doing this madness

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »

we live in a small house

we have all we need, and more to be honest

even the kids have too much and will basically get cash and a few token wrapups

i dont know what to get my wife, she has perfume, too many shoes/boots, her summer clothes are bagged up and away, and still my wardrobe is half filled with hers, Oasis havent reformed so no point sorting out a gig weekend (plus thats not an xmas pressent thing) i'm planning a ridiculously awesome birthday present for her next year which is not a wintery month thing. jewelry has been done, as have watches. and to top it all off she bought herself a dyson handheld (was my trump card, beleive me when i say she'd have loved it)

help please!!!!!

A bigger house  Wink

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »

My mum is a nightmare to buy for also, she has literally got everything.

Got her this bottle of whiskey with a personalised label, and she loves a drop so seemed like a nice idea, I know she will like it.  Smiley

http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/store/personalised-label-maker/

Too late for order for Xmas now though.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »

I have others  Smiley

That sounds like a nightmare for the person giving tbh!  Grin

Boo  that's kind of the point, parting with money is the easy way Smiley
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »

Yeah agree with Woodsey, silly idea.  If you're going down this route, write the tokens out at least, that's a better idea if your intent of doing this madness

WTF are you mad...  this is for the person you love more than anything in the world, perfume it is then Sad I am not sharing any of my others now  Sad
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »

WTF are you mad...  this is for the person you love more than anything in the world, perfume it is then Sad I am not sharing any of my others now  Sad

Have you got any ideas that don't involve slave labour?  Smiley
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »

Have you got any ideas that don't involve slave labour?  Smiley

Ok, you won't be keen on sleeping on the pavement at Wimbledon for the tennis then giving her your place in the line first thing in the morning, she watches you go home. (She loves Tennis, I hate it).  So here is another but again requires a little effort, so  probably not of use Smiley  Get a pack of playing cards, using just the 52, write a message on each one, she takes the present to work and once  a week reads one puts it to the back of the pack, until the next week when the next message is revealed.  Smiley  Need any help on the messages or use of sharpie Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:13 PM »

Yeah agree with Woodsey, silly idea.  If you're going down this route, write the tokens out at least, that's a better idea if your intent of doing this madness

WTF are you mad...  this is for the person you love more than anything in the world, perfume it is then Sad I am not sharing any of my others now  Sad

Have you got any ideas that don't involve slave labour?  Smiley

Ok, you won't be keen on sleeping on the pavement at Wimbledon for the tennis then giving her your place in the line first thing in the morning, she watches you go home. (She loves Tennis, I hate it).  So here is another but again requires a little effort, so  probably not of use Smiley  Get a pack of playing cards, using just the 52, write a message on each one, she takes the present to work and once  a week reads one puts it to the back of the pack, until the next week when the next message is revealed.  Smiley  Need any help on the messages or use of sharpie Smiley

We are obviously at different ends of the romance scale  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:29:39 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: