blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:42:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Thoughts on Locking up profit & tightening range when playing cash..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on Locking up profit & tightening range when playing cash..  (Read 2279 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

I'm tightening my range not sitting out...Huh? Why would I just go home...?. Some people that have played Omaha with me; will confirm at this level my vpip is 100%

fyp Smiley
polerization

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »

why dont you just go home?

Lol, he's waiting for a lift at 10.30. Unless you mean stop playing and sit in the bar?

why dont you just go home?

I'm tightening my range not sitting out...Huh? Why would I just go home...?. Some people that have played Omaha with me; will confirm at this level my vpip is around 60% or something ridiculous, when I decide to tighten my range in Omaha (Not NLH) it's around 10% significant difference and also I'm not making high variance plays either...  

+could always make the nuts and just stack the moaning reg lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »

It's all one long session. I like to know hat I always made good decisions. We're there to make good decisions and if we always make the best decisions then by the end of the year we will make more money than if we're taking 300 poor decisions to justify lower variance. Even if we lose 20 pound a decision that's 6000. Perhaps you make 3 decisions at the end of each night and now you have 900 decisions where you lot 20 pound in each one, that's a lot of mone!

On a board of Q 10 7 4 10 rainbow - live - Patrick, holding K 10, is facing an all in bet on the river. 'I think you have pocket Queens sir but I call'!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »

It's all one long session. I like to know hat I always made good decisions. We're there to make good decisions and if we always make the best decisions then by the end of the year we will make more money than if we're taking 300 poor decisions to justify lower variance. Even if we lose 20 pound a decision that's 6000. Perhaps you make 3 decisions at the end of each night and now you have 900 decisions where you lot 20 pound in each one, that's a lot of mone!

On a board of Q 10 7 4 10 rainbow - live - Patrick, holding K 10, is facing an all in bet on the river. 'I think you have pocket Queens sir but I call'!

Good call sir !!
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 03:05:21 AM »

I'm tightening my range not sitting out...Huh? Why would I just go home...?. Some people that have played Omaha with me; will confirm at this level my vpip is 100%

fyp Smiley

Lol... That was a good day  Wink ...

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 03:06:15 AM »

99/100 live poker players lock up when they get up decent (recs/pros/punters alike), I wish I did more often, so many times I've been up nicely and then gone for the kill and finished off down basically gambling with the guys who are stuck, then they have there money back now so they tighten up lol.

Don't listen to the people who tell you off for being locked up, it's like a 1/40 shot they would be locked up too, they are just grumpy when they are losing. You can play however you want whenever you want. You are leaving at 10.30 and up a bag and feel like you kinda wanna walk out a 1k winner then tighten up and play for an 45 more mins snug, it's entirely your decision, it's not bad etiquette at all.

It's actually one of my biggest tilts at live poker, people criticizing people who are winning for not gambling etc. let people play as they want, the other thing that really tilts me is in nearly every case of this the person moaning wouldn't be giving any action in the reversal.

Just be nice, friendly at the table and don't get involved in this stupid habbit of demanding action from certain people and you're doing it right in my books. I personally play a lot loser when I'm winning because I'm loving life, and get much tighter when I'm losing cos morale is low and I've got no momentum/a bad image etc. but that's me and everyone is different

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: