blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 109360 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 09, 2015, 01:16:10 PM »

This thread was about to slip off the page and we can't allow that to happen can we, especially with this being the traditional start to the season in Hawaii.

Three speculative cornettos for funking purposes as I just can't resist.

Sang-moon Bae, Dr Noh, and Brian Harman @50,65,&75.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 09, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »

I've had a punt on Chris Kirk!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 12, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »

Did anyone watch the closing round of the South African Open?

Schwartzel started the final round 5 shots ahead, & was still 4 shots in front headed down the 14th.

He then completely imploded, mentally, & ended up losing the thing to a guy who began the day 9 shots back.

It was horrible to watch. He messed up one tee shot, had a relatively easy recovery shot, but dithered for at least 3 minutes before eventually hitting his shot. His little but numerous pre-shot "tics" were an awesome study in body language.

And so it went on, the fella just went to pieces.

Team Armchair probably slated him, but we've never been in that spot, have we? Pressure definitely changes how we think whether it be in sport, poker, or real life, it really affects us.

Ultimately, it means he will not fulfil his potential, unless he can cure it.

He's won plenty of events already, & is clearly a class act, but the mental scars from that will always be lurking in his mind.

He was playing with a young lad from Sheffield (Fitzpatrick?), looks a lovely kid, & he imploded too. They both made a complete pigs ear of the same tee shot, & recovery shot, & thereafter, Fitzpatrick also went completely to pieces, almost as if the problem was contagious.    

It was an incredible thing to watch, though not terribly nice to see, almost like a black comedy.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:13:54 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 12, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »

He has won the masters hasnt he?

Not as painful for him as the in running backers at 1.02 and 1.03 for any amounts.

Not that i am critical of that at the time that seems a reasonable price always easy to say it looked short in hindsight.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 12, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »

I think he birdied his last five holes to win his Masters so not a total bottler.

He was weighed down by the fact that he'd never won his native SA Open though.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 12, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »

Not as painful for him as the in running backers at 1.02 and 1.03 for any amounts.

Not that i am critical of that at the time that seems a reasonable price always easy to say it looked short in hindsight.

Yes, he won The Masters in 2011, which made yesterday's implosion all the more puzzling.

I heard he was 1.01 on Betty at one stage, so I guess a few bob went south.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2015, 11:36:27 AM »

I think he birdied his last five holes to win his Masters so not a total bottler.

He was weighed down by the fact that he'd never won his native SA Open though.

I don't follow golf that closely, but I don't think he previously had a rep as a bottler. 

The implosion yesterday was total, it was a very strange thing to see.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 12, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »

Yes, he won The Masters in 2011, which made yesterday's implosion all the more puzzling.

I heard he was 1.01 on Betty at one stage, so I guess a few bob went south.   

In play golf is dying on BF so prob not as much as you would think. 

I think the course plays a part in these meltdowns and if the last few holes punish mistakes (in the case of the SA Open with trees and thick rough) the pressure is magnified imo.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 12, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »

Did anyone watch the closing round of the South African Open?

Schwartzel started the final round 5 shots ahead, & was still 4 shots in front headed down the 14th.

He then completely imploded, mentally, & ended up losing the thing to a guy who began the day 9 shots back.

It was horrible to watch. He messed up one tee shot, had a relatively easy recovery shot, but dithered for at least 3 minutes before eventually hitting his shot. His little but numerous pre-shot "tics" were an awesome study in body language.

And so it went on, the fella just went to pieces.

Team Armchair probably slated him, but we've never been in that spot, have we? Pressure definitely changes how we think whether it be in sport, poker, or real life, it really affects us.

Ultimately, it means he will not fulfil his potential, unless he can cure it.

He's won plenty of events already, & is clearly a class act, but the mental scars from that will always be lurking in his mind.

He was playing with a young lad from Sheffield (Fitzpatrick?), looks a lovely kid, & he imploded too. They both made a complete pigs ear of the same tee shot, & recovery shot, & thereafter, Fitzpatrick also went completely to pieces, almost as if the problem was contagious.    

It was an incredible thing to watch, though not terribly nice to see, almost like a black comedy.

I follow two people when it comes to golf betting. One is a Fred Elder, the back up is Chapman in the Outlook. Not a shock, I've posted it before.

He put up Sullivan as his headline tip. On Saturday, i was telling said Elder about writing him off as he had blown it.

Sunday saw a sudden turn in fortunes when said Elder, contacted me and said "you best turn on the golf right now".

Unreal implosion.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 12, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »

I've had a punt on Chris Kirk!

Not much consolation, but he finished with 11 birdies in his last round!

He played the round solo, too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:07:33 PM by tikay » Logged

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 13, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »

Speaking of chokes, Jimmy Walker's was arguably even worse last night. Holding a three shot lead through 10 holes, on a course where two players shot -11 on the day, he proceeded to play the final 8 holes in +1 with no birdies, missing two putts within 6ft to end up in a playoff. On the first playoff hole, the par 5 18th which was playing nearly half a under par, Walker stood in A1 position on the fairway with his opponent Reed forced to lay up after a poor second shot. However, he proceeded to smash his second straight into the grandstand seats leading to a bogey. Traded under 1.1 with 8 holes remaining.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 13, 2015, 08:46:10 AM »

Speaking of chokes, Jimmy Walker's was arguably even worse last night. Holding a three shot lead through 10 holes, on a course where two players shot -11 on the day, he proceeded to play the final 8 holes in +1 with no birdies, missing two putts within 6ft to end up in a playoff. On the first playoff hole, the par 5 18th which was playing nearly half a under par, Walker stood in A1 position on the fairway with his opponent Reed forced to lay up after a poor second shot. However, he proceeded to smash his second straight into the grandstand seats leading to a bogey. Traded under 1.1 with 8 holes remaining.

Wow, I watched his front 9, he was coasting, under no pressure, the course was being battered by everyone, & Reed was 4 back. I went to bed, expecting to read this morning that he had coasted home.   

What a beautiful course that is, "on the eye". It was fun to watch Bubba thrashing it around, too.

Really enjoyed watching the whole 4 days, though I'm not a huge fan of the Sky Sports Studio Team, & the addition of Rich Beem does not seem to have added much by way of incisive comment to Miss Stirk's somewhat dull personna, either.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 13, 2015, 09:56:37 AM »

Beautiful

Mr Chapmans other headline tip was Paddy Reed.

A wonderful double landed.  aftertiming aftertiming

(If you get the time, may as well do the crime!)

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 13, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »

I thought Rich Beem's contribution was pretty good this week.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 13, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »

Adz gets the dough, wp mate.

I can't imagine Rich Beem being your kind of guy Tony but if you want an interesting read on life on tour as a single man that likes to party then his book is readable.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: