blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 110602 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 01:07:35 PM »

gd lk all

Click to see full-size image.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 05:53:27 PM »

and Bill Haas for me in the US - six places with Paddy.  He is a bit inconsistent but seems to play ok on the course.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 06:47:29 PM »

I don't know enough about Golf to discuss in great detail but can someone explain to me how Sergio is favourite for this event in Quatar? 

I just don't get it.  I have taken the plunge and layed him for top 5 and top 10.  Just on instinct. 

Top player with course form - but def agree he seemed too short.

Is he a top player?  I'm not so sure and would obviously bow to the golfers on this one but I remember when he broke through he was all the rage.  I compare him to Simon Donnelly, who when he scored a brace for Celtic in his first game he was compared to the legend that is Kenny Dalgleish.  We know how their respective careers went. 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »

I don't know enough about Golf to discuss in great detail but can someone explain to me how Sergio is favourite for this event in Quatar? 

I just don't get it.  I have taken the plunge and layed him for top 5 and top 10.  Just on instinct. 

Top player with course form - but def agree he seemed too short.

Is he a top player?  I'm not so sure and would obviously bow to the golfers on this one but I remember when he broke through he was all the rage.  I compare him to Simon Donnelly, who when he scored a brace for Celtic in his first game he was compared to the legend that is Kenny Dalgleish.  We know how their respective careers went. 

He's perennially top of the total driving stats and is undoubtedly one of the best ball-strikers in the game and has been for fifteen years or more.

I'm not his greatest fan but even I consider him to be a top player.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »

Wednesday start for the euro golf - not sure why.  I've gone for George Coetzee, played ok last week in Abu Dhabi and 2nd last year in this tournament.

I've gone for Coetzee too, despite his inability to finish the job. Also done Grace and a Banzai on Hoey who seems to play well here and should give a good show at a big price.

Was desperate to see Victor Dub play in Doha as he has a good course record and seems to have improved markedly in the last 12 months, but he is playing in US. At 100s plus, i had to have a shilling or too on him. Hunter tends to do well early doors and gets a small ew, and TFT fav Jordy back to 40-1 with , defo in the staking plan. GL

Let's hope this week he has the ability to finish the job, good pick so far Adz and Double
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »

My three musketeers in the US this week:

Horschel @ 75, Matsuyama @ 80 and Ishikawa @ 180.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »

added a bit on Stewart Cink - he seems to play the hard course at Torrey as well as the easier one.  Obv a disappointing player in recent years but I think he must be a bit of value at 20-1 if this round is a signal of a return to form.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »

Lizzie Salas shot a 67(-6) today to get right back into the silk pyjamas mix.

It seems a tad churlish to complain but she was -6 through 11 holes and then parred the final seven including 2xpar-5's.

We have a squeak...

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »

And that's why you shouldn't bet on stuff you know nothing about folks! 

I ended up backing Sergio to win the whole thing in running for a smaller loss.  As My picks of Coertzee, Aiken and Carello-Brello started to falter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »

It's a good job there's no wind at Torrey Pines today.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »

I've put a free bet on Leishmn, I wanted a best price with Hills and he was 7-1 and as low as 9/2 elsewhere. Could go either way.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2014, 08:49:22 PM »

I've put a free bet on Leishmn, I wanted a best price with Hills and he was 7-1 and as low as 9/2 elsewhere. Could go either way.

They are going to have to rename the  aftertiming the Omm!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »

yeah looks like its playing us open style - will be interesting tomorrow if there's a breeze anyone posting a score might be worth getting on.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2014, 08:51:45 PM »

yeah looks like its playing us open style - will be interesting tomorrow if there's a breeze anyone posting a score might be worth getting on.

My big longshot Ishikawa suddenly right in the mix.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »

aftertiming

They are going to have to rename the  aftertiming the Omm!!

I've not been around long enough to know why you have a emoticon named after you, maybe you could let me know what  aftertiming means, then I can laugh along with the joke. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: