blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 111329 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »

Did anyone notice the extraordinary scorecard that Brendan de Yonge had in the Wells Fargo?

He finished tied for 6th, 5 shots off the lead.

His 4 rounds?

80   62   68   69

Some comeback that.

NB - It was super sports geek Tighty who noticed it, after the cut.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2014, 05:44:47 PM »

Rickie Fowler started with a 79 in the St Andrews Open in 2010 -150th place- and went on to finish 14th, but I'm sure his second round 67 (vs an average of 75) was aided by favourable weather just like the eventual winner Oosthuizen. 

Ernie Els had an 80 and was in 136th in the Birkdale open in 2008 and finished 7th, but tough conditions again may have aided his comeback.

I'd be surprised if anyone surpassed De Jonge's comeback to 6th from joint 155th.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »

Rickie Fowler started with a 79 in the St Andrews Open in 2010 -150th place- and went on to finish 14th, but I'm sure his second round 67 (vs an average of 75) was aided by favourable weather just like the eventual winner Oosthuizen. 

Ernie Els had an 80 and was in 136th in the Birkdale open in 2008 and finished 7th, but tough conditions again may have aided his comeback.

I'd be surprised if anyone surpassed De Jonge's comeback to 6th from joint 155th.

Surprisingly enough, Oosthuzen was one of the very few in contention who came from the "wrong" side of the draw iirc.

I also remember Curtis Strange shooting an 80 in The Masters one year and missing out by a solitary shot.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2014, 06:30:52 PM »

I beg to differ I'm sure Oosty was out early on the very windy day - I backed him and a few other early starters the night before because of the weather forecast.  I bottled out and laid him off as I thought they were going to suspend play but they didn't. 

Chompy (who else) put it up as a trade

Is Oosthuizen not the safest trade of all time at 6.2?
Play suspended at the moment for strong winds. When they resume it's obv still gonna be blowing hard and scores are gonna go nuts.
There's no way in a million years Oosty will drift by the end of the day.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »

I beg to differ I'm sure Oosty was out early on the very windy day - I backed him and a few other early starters the night before because of the weather forecast.  I bottled out and laid him off as I thought they were going to suspend play but they didn't. 

Chompy (who else) put it up as a trade

Is Oosthuizen not the safest trade of all time at 6.2?
Play suspended at the moment for strong winds. When they resume it's obv still gonna be blowing hard and scores are gonna go nuts.
There's no way in a million years Oosty will drift by the end of the day.

I see now that you're correct about the second day conditions, but I'm sure he was one of the few afternoon starters on the first day to put up a really good score which is what I must have been thinking about.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »

That's prob right, there were only a handful of early starters with decentish scores, as that was why I backed him in anticipation of the weather worsening.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »

Satan go 7 places at Sawgrass but largely negate any value by utilising horrible prices. 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »

Apart from "super-banzai" Angel Cabrera @450, I've also dabbled on Martin Laird and Brendan de Jonge both @120.

All three of them have some decent form at Sawgrass previously so hopeful of at least a sweat for the weekend.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »

How weird are spoilsports?  I have never placed a bet with them before so go on to back McGirt and Sabbatini 1stRL, as they are the best price - they happily accept £5ew McGirt at 175-1 and then restrict Sabbatini to 55p ew at 125-1.....

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »

Was reading that the greens may well be below standard due to some green staff cock up. In my club this means they leave the greens a tad longer. Suits the less able putters.

Cue Lee Westwood. Then ii only go and turn on the tv today to see him leading in an rerun of a few years ago, first thing this morning.

Fate......Feel.......

Chuck in Stenson and Donald and I have a plan. GL

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »

Slung a last minute Lady Godiva on Ishikawa @400 who for some reason is lurking at the very bottom of betty's list.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »

Any of Spieth's dad's lump on him? Only bet for me was D Johnson with Stan, I only done that because he was the first best price they had at 50-1 after they cut everything for paying seven places. Just can't see Spieth closing out the tournament, if he is leading after round three I might lay him.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »

Any of Spieth's dad's lump on him? Only bet for me was D Johnson with Stan, I only done that because he was the first best price they had at 50-1 after they cut everything for paying seven places. Just can't see Spieth closing out the tournament, if he is leading after round three I might lay him.

I wish!

Just got him in his 3 ball today @ 6/4 v Zach Johnson and G-Mac.

I would imagine a few of the boys are on him outright. Good luck them, he is playing real good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2014, 10:50:26 PM »

I would imagine a few of the boys are on him outright. Good luck them, he is playing real good.

I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »

Disappointing to see Spieth couldn't close the last round again, no financial interest, but it can't be good for his confidence to keep losing tournaments in the last round. Well done to Kaymer for hanging on. I see Rory had a good last round again. I just can never back him at the price he starts.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: