blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272897 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 111349 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »

Gone for what is hopefully a resurgent Ross Fisher EW in the BMW this week, also like Alex Levy at a big price who has both good recent and course form.

Stuck with Sneds in the US who surely has to win again soon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »

Angel Cab, Cink, Castro and Bo V P 1stRL arrows thrown at Congressional.

GL all
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »

Bads on the firm now too, another one that looks ready to win again.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 03, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »

USPGA event at the quaintly named Old White TPC - and that certainly is the demographic of a few golf clubs around the world......

Kevin Na and Bill Haas are my picks for 1stRL and I'm going for Na, Haas and Romero EWs in the outright market.  Also Bowditch for a top ten spot and a small amount ftw.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 03, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »

Thrown three smallish darts in France: Levy, Stal, and EdoardoM.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 03, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »

Surely there is absolutely zero chanc of Poults not getting a pick even if he does not qualify for the RC by right.

if the quailfying period ended today who would you pick if you was captain as your picks
its 4 picks now
poulter would easy be the number 1 pick as he is just outside on both lists and his record
westwood and mcdowel would be struggling to make it
with gallacher jimeniz luiten and molinaria all ahead in both lists
and with only 1 rookie in the 8 in spots got to think all 4 of them would be ahead of the vetrans

i would like to find odds somewhere for making the rider cup team because i would be laying westwood and mcdowel
unless they have a very good next few weeks

Cannot ever see Westwood and Gmac not getting 2 of these 4 picks if they don't make it thru qualifying.

Of course everything has a price but i would want a very large one or either of these guys being omitted.

taking this over from TfT

now i dont post much on golf but follow it avidly i played it from age of 11/12 till i ended in chair during the summer holidays at school we could end up playing 4 rounds a day after getting dropped of at the course before my dad started his work and picked up after my parents finished there round. I was spoilt for choice of golf courses living where i live, my folks used got loch lomond and the open every year up untill recently.
ryder cup has always excited me more than any major and i follow the progress of qualification and this year is exciting with paul having 3 picks at present  the following are in prime spots
euro
Victor DUBUISSON      2,477,746.88
Henrik STENSON      2,366,878.96
Jamie DONALDSON      2,279,461.25
Thomas BJORN                2,264,081.94

world wide
Sergio GARCIA      267.40
Rory MCILROY      253.19
Martin KAYMER      240.77
Justin ROSE      203.73
Luke DONALD      156.78

so this leave the 3 picks
cant see anyone other than poulter getting the first pick he is top player not in squad in both the world points and euro points

so only leaves 2 places can you give them to westwood and mcdowell or do any of the other players have a shout
obviously there is still a few months of scoring to come including the open for everything to change

Ian POULTER      1,905,382.94
Joost LUITEN      1,515,908.28
Miguel Angel JIMENEZ      1,504,340.81
Stephen GALLACHER      1,264,312.68
Gonzalo FDEZ-CASTANO      1,263,986.94
Francesco MOLINARI      1,263,370.91
Lee WESTWOOD      1,000,859.32
Graeme MCDOWELL      881,140.15

Ian POULTER      147.43
Miguel Angel JIMENEZ      138.66
Stephen GALLACHER      131.15
Francesco MOLINARI      122.80
Joost LUITEN      119.96
Lee WESTWOOD      106.57
Graeme MCDOWELL      100.93

edit with 3 rookies in the euro list that would IMHO rule out adding a rookie as a captains pick
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:04:13 PM by Ironside » Logged

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 03, 2014, 09:02:56 PM »

Would be hugely surprised if it was not Poulter, McDowell and Westwood if the 9 qualifiers were as they are currently

Poulter's record speaks to itself

GMac's partnership with Rory a consistent one in ryder cup, and he is a major winner

Westwood really good in foursomes, and matchplay in ngeneral

McGinley will be really hoping at least 1 of the 3 gets in by right to possibly give him more flexibility on wild cards
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:05:39 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 03, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »

ok i am confusing myself here

i thought i had seen stenson playing ryder cup but having checked last 2 he was missing from team but that cause it was 2006 and 2008 he played

also thought donaldson had played before but checked cant find him my mind playing tricks on me

of the rookies in the above list luiten is the only one really young enough to be considered for future

so i am starting to think if the list stayed same (which it shouldnt) then the big 3 names will get in and jimeniz will be given a role as a VC

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 03, 2014, 09:44:40 PM »

Would be hugely surprised if it was not Poulter, McDowell and Westwood if the 9 qualifiers were as they are currently

Poulter's record speaks to itself

GMac's partnership with Rory a consistent one in ryder cup, and he is a major winner

Westwood really good in foursomes, and matchplay in ngeneral

McGinley will be really hoping at least 1 of the 3 gets in by right to possibly give him more flexibility on wild cards

That Gmac and Rory pairing might have some potential holes in it at the moment as Rory is preparing a court case to be heard next year and is suing the management company that Gmac got him to sign up with. One of the claims is that Rory was told he would be on the same rates as Gmac and now finds out Gmac has a better deal than he does and that Gmac, as a shareholder would have known this.

He says he is trying not to involve Gmac in the court case but there have been some suspicious timings on the information that has come out about the case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rory-mcilroy/10925118/Rory-McIlroys-court-battle-with-Horizon-Sports-could-threaten-partnership-with-Graeme-McDowell-at-Ryder-Cup.html

The good thing for Poulter re the Ryder cup is he does shape his season around peeking thru the summer and into the back end of the year. He has time to get himself in the mix but if Gmac, Westy and Poulter miss out and stay in the same form they are in at the moment then it might be hard to pick all three tho Gmac has had his wedding to concentrate on so probably gets a little leeway.

Never has the word Gmac been used so many times in so few words.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 03, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »

Think Poulter is a cert as long unless his form is very bad in the lead up to selection.  Can't see him leaving out GMac also barring obvious poor form as he hasn't been playing that badly, just a bit off.

The interesting one is Westwood - he had a brief return to form earlier in the year but overall his game appears to be in decline.  Stephen Gallagher is prob playing a bit better than Westwood and all things being equal would be a better pick imo as the event is in Scotland and they will need someone to translate......  Seriously though I don't think that McGinley would be that unhappy if Gallagher knocked in a good performance in one of the majors and played himself in.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 03, 2014, 10:00:08 PM »

Think Poulter is a cert as long unless his form is very bad in the lead up to selection.  Can't see him leaving out GMac also barring obvious poor form as he hasn't been playing that badly, just a bit off.

The interesting one is Westwood - he had a brief return to form earlier in the year but overall his game appears to be in decline.  Stephen Gallagher is prob playing a bit better than Westwood and all things being equal would be a better pick imo as the event is in Scotland and they will need someone to translate......  Seriously though I don't think that McGinley would be that unhappy if Gallagher knocked in a good performance in one of the majors and played himself in.

lol, i never considered the language barrier but think Gallagher would be a nice player to have in the team. I just had the same thoughts as you re Westy on TFT too.  Can you imagine the Scots trying to have a conversation with Jiminez ;o)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 03, 2014, 10:10:02 PM »

only problem i have with gallagher is his age if he was 28/29 then picking him as a rookie would have merit but if i am not mistaken he is approaching 40 so will be likely his only ryder cup so more than likely if he doesnt play his way in i cant see him getting picked despite the scottish link

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »

I like a couple of guys for The Scottish Open who appear to be coming back to something approaching their best in recent weeks, both of whom also have top-class form on links courses.

Robert Karlsson and Chris Wood.

Should be some good golf on a great course, a perfect aperitif for next week.

GL
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:33:03 AM by Karabiner » Logged

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »

Spent a bit of time looking at the Scottish, but can't work out who will come out on top on what looks like a very bad hair day.

In the US gone for Brendon DeJonge Chad Campbell and Jeff Overton ew for 1stRL.  Overton and Campbell top ten and Campbell FTW.

Seems quite difficult for the 2nd round leader to win at TPC Deere Run, Stricker being the only one who has managed it in the last ten years along with his two other wins.  So I might have a look and see who is lurking in the pack on Saturday.

GL all!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2014, 12:18:35 AM »

Managed to snaffle a little of the early 33/1 EW on Na Yeon Choi in the Ladies' British Open at Royal Birkdale. Lovely golfer.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: