blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!  (Read 49563 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 04:46:54 PM »

Big Roger is big. Sat next to him once. I'll never forget when he had a spontaneous cough that his belly pushed the table 2 feet across the room. Nothing got displaced, it was like a magician removing the cloth from a dinner table.

GL with your HU grind. I used to bum hunt HU many years ago. I say bum hunt but I'd always play everyone once. There used to be enough fish in the games back then that you could actually be picky with who you played! Those were the days. I imagine to make a living from NLHE HU these days you need to be very good and determined. Weaker players will surely struggle to make much money any more...

Thanks!

If you had the same nick, I remember playing you on Boss media back in the day! It's very tough nowadays, each day you have to be prepared for battle. You can't just hang around and wait for weaker players like 2/3 years ago.

Boss media, we are talking 5-6 years ago! I used to play the €500+ HU sngs on there. What was your username on there or are you not sharing that yet? Almost all the regs were from Scandinavia but I can't remember playing any UK regs?

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »

Big Roger is big. Sat next to him once. I'll never forget when he had a spontaneous cough that his belly pushed the table 2 feet across the room. Nothing got displaced, it was like a magician removing the cloth from a dinner table.

GL with your HU grind. I used to bum hunt HU many years ago. I say bum hunt but I'd always play everyone once. There used to be enough fish in the games back then that you could actually be picky with who you played! Those were the days. I imagine to make a living from NLHE HU these days you need to be very good and determined. Weaker players will surely struggle to make much money any more...

Thanks!

If you had the same nick, I remember playing you on Boss media back in the day! It's very tough nowadays, each day you have to be prepared for battle. You can't just hang around and wait for weaker players like 2/3 years ago.

Boss media, we are talking 5-6 years ago! I used to play the €500+ HU sngs on there. What was your username on there or are you not sharing that yet? Almost all the regs were from Scandinavia but I can't remember playing any UK regs?

I didn't play too many HU SNGs, always found them high variance and tilting. Prob not sharing screen names for the time being, but it's unlikely you'd remember!
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »

So the start of the year has been disappointing results wise. Very happy with how I've played and my mindset so reasonably satisfied.

Planning some live trips for later in the year. Hoping to go to 2/3 EPTs -prob Vienna and San Remo, maybe Deauville (place seems pretty bad), Vegas and then some smaller stuff like this Sky thing at DTD.

Funnily enough i've never been to DTD despite living not too far away. Heard pretty good things and this forum seems to be filled with stories from there so feel I've been missing out... What cash games run regularly there? And how are the line ups?  Will be playing the £1k, £500 HU and the £3k hi-roller (depending on numbers) at this Sky thing, should be fun.

Hope everyone's year has started well and any new years resolutions are being stuck to!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »

What cash games run regularly there? And how are the line ups? 

What stakes/games do you want to play?

RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »

Sounds like you're challenging me to HU?  Wink

Nothing huge. I'm not too experienced live. Probably £5/10 but I'd play £10/25 or £2/5 depending on the game. Both NL and PLO.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »

Sounds like you're challenging me to HU?  Wink

Nothing huge. I'm not too experienced live. Probably £5/10 but I'd play £10/25 or £2/5 depending on the game. Both NL and PLO.

Ha it does sound like that lol but no I certainly wasn't doing that :-P

(As far as I am aware) 5/10+ nl runs very inconsistently however 5/10 DC (plays very big) runs most fridays and Saturdays and bigger PLO (5/5/10, 5/10/25) runs during festivals etc but not all the time. During the sky week I think there will be lots of very good, and some bigger aswel

Idk about 2/2 plo and 2/5 nl I think its runs regularly and sporadically (if that makes sense? )

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »

Hey, hope you don't mind me posting this here, i'll delete it in a bit, just curious on your thoughts on this hand/ thought process, i just posted it up in the hand analysis area

-----------------------------

Hand from 20nl hu cash. The player is reasonable enough. But he doesn't normally raise top pair. I call the flop bet, to let him barrel. Turn isn't ideal but i'm still not 2 worried.

On the river, say villain checked, would you bet small for value or just jam? I think I prob bet small 2 get some value from villain.

I have      two spades two spades OTB (£20 stack )

Villian has £16 behind. I min raise to 40p (my standard open) HU cash to people normally 3x pre? I'm so used to playing HU sit and gos.

Flop,   two hearts Two Diamonds

Villian checks, I bet £1.40, he check raises to £2.10. I call, pot is now £5.

Pretty confident I have the best hand here, I just call to let him barrel. Quite happy with this, if I raise, i'm folding out so many of his weak hands. He could have slow played something like Jacks or 10s.

Turn is the   , not brilliant but still quite happy. He doesn't usually check raise top pair, mybe he would with K9 Ace 9, but that's such a narrow part of his range, so i'm not 2 worried.

He leads for £3.75 (3/4 pot) I call, pot is £12.50. I have about £13 behind he has £9 behind.

River is   , he jams I call.

Thoughts on my line in the hand? If villain checks the river, i don't think i jam cause he's struggling to call, might bet something really small like £4/£4.50

Edit, i could fold (turn??) river, don't know if this would be good or bad, i'm happy that opponent doesn't have a 9 here often enough to call.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:26:48 PM by shipitgood » Logged
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »

Hey, hope you don't mind me posting this here, i'll delete it in a bit, just curious on your thoughts on this hand/ thought process, i just posted it up in the hand analysis area

-----------------------------

Hand from 20nl hu cash. The player is reasonable enough. But he doesn't normally raise top pair. I call the flop bet, to let him barrel. Turn isn't ideal but i'm still not 2 worried.

On the river, say villain checked, would you bet small for value or just jam? I think I prob bet small 2 get some value from villain.

I have      two spades two spades OTB (£20 stack )

Villian has £16 behind. I min raise to 40p (my standard open) HU cash to people normally 3x pre? I'm so used to playing HU sit and gos.

Flop,   two hearts Two Diamonds

Villian checks, I bet £1.40, he check raises to £2.10. I call, pot is now £5.

Pretty confident I have the best hand here, I just call to let him barrel. Quite happy with this, if I raise, i'm folding out so many of his weak hands. He could have slow played something like Jacks or 10s.

Turn is the   , not brilliant but still quite happy. He doesn't usually check raise top pair, mybe he would with K9 Ace 9, but that's such a narrow part of his range, so i'm not 2 worried.

He leads for £3.75 (3/4 pot) I call, pot is £12.50. I have about £13 behind he has £9 behind.

River is   , he jams I call.

Thoughts on my line in the hand? If villain checks the river, i don't think i jam cause he's struggling to call, might bet something really small like £4/£4.50

Edit, i could fold (turn??) river, don't know if this would be good or bad, i'm happy that opponent doesn't have a 9 here often enough to call.

No problem. I can leave some feedback. It's difficult to comment on games which are slightly different standard from your own but i'll do my best.

Firstly do u have 7h2s or 7s2s? I'm a little confused. I certainly wouldn't be opening 72o at such stakes, simply because people defend tighter and it plays poorly postflop. 72s I think is a fine open but would be at the very bottom of my opening range at these stakes (I probably open every suited hand).

Min raising and 3x is fine. Normally going to adjust to opponents defending frequencies - i.e. if they are defending too wide i'll tighten my range and make it bigger preflop, if they are tight i'll start opening 100% for min raise and exploit them that way.

Do you have a reasoning for the flop sizing? You bet £1.40 into a fairly dry paired board with only £0.80 (minus rake). Now flop overbetting is definitely an option but you need to consider stuff like balance (what hands are u bluffing with like this), what hands will he continue with (vs an overbet people can fold a lot of the weaker hands in their range) etc.

I think you played the hand fine post flop. You have a read he doesn't raise top pair for value on the flop (so it's unlikely he has 9x) and you are towards the top of your range game theory wise. I certainly wouldn't fold turn ever and would rarely fold river.

I wouldn't overcomplicate this kind of hand. You have a very good hand and your opponent might have a better in hand in a situation where he shouldn't given your reads.

Was this played on Sky?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:48 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  It was on sky.

Made a typo in my post, on the flop I bet 60p, not £1.40, £1.40 was the pot after I had bet 60p.

I would never really overbet (the flop) with any hand.

It was 72 os, agree it should be a fold pre! I was playing 2 many s/b's against the vilian, cause most times i could get him 2 fold post flop.

He had the nut flush draw.
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  It was on sky.

Made a typo in my post, on the flop I bet 60p, not £1.40, £1.40 was the pot after I had bet 60p.

I would never really overbet (the flop) with any hand.

It was 72 os, agree it should be a fold pre! I was playing 2 many s/b's against the vilian, cause most times i could get him 2 fold post flop.

He had the nut flush draw.

Ah makes more sense! Interesting he decided to turn ace high into a bluff

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »

in the opponents shoes with the NFD otr - you would chk/call, or chk and expect to win at showdown if checked back reasonably often?

Lets spose that WE have the NFD and have played the hand like this, how would you react to a check and a jam from our opponent OTR?

RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »

in the opponents shoes with the NFD otr - you would chk/call, or chk and expect to win at showdown if checked back reasonably often?

Lets spose that WE have the NFD and have played the hand like this, how would you react to a check and a jam from our opponent OTR?

I think we win at showdown very infrequently on river with ace high in his spot. But there could be a lot of merit to c/c on the turn after the flop c/r with the NFD - ducy? Smiley

Interesting question and difficult to answer without reads or stats. He should play all 2x like this when the flop draw missed so I'd lean towards folding
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Is it possible to defend too wide vs a minraise?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 04:30:18 PM »

I could go into a lot of depth on this subject but I don't wanna get too strat orientated ITT.

I assume you've seen/heard about Sauce defending 95% or something from the BB vs top HS guys opening 100%. I want a pretty big edge on my opponent to be able to do that postflop for several reasons - reverse implied odds, being oop, being capped on certain boards etc.

My answer would be yes you can defend too wide but only because you probably aren't adjusting well enough postflop. It uses a lot of energy defending say 85%+ from the big blind as you're constantly in difficult spots with weak hands, being forced to bluff with the bottom of your range etc.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »

that depends on your ability to maximise EQR.

I could go into a lot of depth on this subject but I don't wanna get too strat orientated ITT.

I assume you've seen/heard about Sauce defending 95% or something from the BB vs top HS guys opening 100%. I want a pretty big edge on my opponent to be able to do that postflop for several reasons - reverse implied odds, being oop, being capped on certain boards etc.

My answer would be yes you can defend too wide but only because you probably aren't adjusting well enough postflop. It uses a lot of energy defending say 85%+ from the big blind as you're constantly in difficult spots with weak hands, being forced to bluff with the bottom of your range etc.

this

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: