blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Long Term Staking Proposal - MTTs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Term Staking Proposal - MTTs  (Read 34036 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »

Hello all,

Foreword
I have pinched the model of Chris’ and Dan’s stake (and some of the wording from Chris), as they are clearly setting the standard for future long term stakes. .

Background
I am Adam Sharples. Some of you have met me, others may have not, through my work with blonde and Blue Square as a live updater. I am 28 years old, live in Cheshire and work full time in the most boring job in the world – otherwise known as the Risk department of a major NHS hospital. I have been staked on blonde, and staked others in the past, with varying success but my most recent stake resulted in a small profit to stakers. This can be found here (Vegas staking thread)

I have been playing poker since 2004 according to the date I opened my Pokerstars account, but only really started playing from 2006 onwards. I have always been seen as more of a recreational player but am looking to take this a lot more seriously now. I have played all sorts of poker in the past but am solely now focusing on NLHE MTTs.

Stats
OPR is linked below. They are not great, I will be honest. I have not really played online bar the odd session over the last 18 months due to falling out of love with the game (this may have coincided with my wife’s decision to stop playing) but recently have found myself itching to play. I have sent the required 3 cents to unlock my ROI but am waiting for them to do so.

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/sharplea/poker/ratings/4BF72F03D457415696AFE44C0700284A.html?t=3

Proposal
Is to play $1 to $11 MTTs. I will be playing mainly on Pokerstars and DTD poker, which is on the iPoker network. There may be the odd few tournaments over on Full Tilt and Pokerstars.fr. I will post in this thread the tournaments I intend to play before I play them. 95% of the tournaments I play will have guarantees on them, with my main focus being the “Red” tournaments on Pokerstars. They will all be NLHE. If I find myself short of tables, I reserve the right to pad my tables with either $2.50 turbo or $4.50 regular 180 man SNG’s on Pokerstars. I mainly play freezeouts, but will play the odd rebuy. If I play a rebuy, I will take the double rebuy at the start, plus one double rebuy and an add-on (5 units). I will not play any rebuys over $2.20, and I am not comfortable playing satellites as I do not know the strategy required.

Bankroll
I am looking at an ABI of $6 and think $1200 would be a suitable opening roll as it is 200 buyins and MTTs are very high variance.

Key points
I will typically play at least 2-3 sessions per week including at least one weekend day. My weekday sessions are more likely to be turbo tournaments with my weekend sessions more likely to be regular speed tournaments.

This is NOT going to be a high volume, quick buck request. I am in for the long haul.

Flexibility, shot taking and the nitty gritty
The stake will be rigid to the OP.  I think that is important to keep BRM in check.  If things develop well and people think increasing the stake or ABI is a good idea then it will be discussed and the OP changed.  At Micromillions/SCOOP/WCOOP times, discussions may be brought but these are special circumstances.

This stake will not start until after Monday 3rd February 2014. I am unable to give this my full attention until then due to previous engagements. I currently do not own any HUD software, but I intend to buy PokerTracker 4 (small stakes) for Holdem only and will get this set up before I start.

All of my online poker play will be as part of this stake.

If you decide that you want to drop out without the bankroll going bust then I will require 48 hours notice to give time to find another backer. This is because if I am one backer short regardless of percentage it means I can't play as it is an admin nightmare. If I bust the roll it's likely that it may take a day or two to replace stakers as it takes time to contact people etc. For people who do not want to reload for whatever reason can sell their MU privately at whatever deal they want, I do not want to profit by people withdrawing and the MU being wiped as it can often leave a nasty taste.

5% minimum investment please for easier administration. Selling at spot. I am buying 30% of myself. I can take funds on Stars/Tilt or by BT – or if you happen to be playing the APAT team event, I can take cash there (in £ only). Please do not send until I have confirmed you are booked.

5% = $60
10% = $120
20% = $240

Profit chops will be decided when we go ahead. I am thinking chop the profit when we reach $1700 ($500 profit) but will acquiesce to what the stakers prefer.

Flame away, happy to take feedback on things I need to do to improve this, preferably via PM to avoid a derail. Either way, thanks for taking the time to read.

Adam.

The team:
sharplea - 30%
Greekstein - 20%
stato_1 - 20%
jbworldwide - 5%
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:46:00 PM by sharplea » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:24:04 PM »

what time do you start work?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »

ill take 20%, would take it all but guess a few people will be interested in this and probs better to share it around a bit, but basically reserve me all of it if it doesnt sell?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »

I work 8.30am-4.30pm and generally get home before 6pm. The plan would be to play from then on a weekday.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »

ill take 20%, would take it all but guess a few people will be interested in this and probs better to share it around a bit, but basically reserve me all of it if it doesnt sell?

Both booked.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »

Replaced my iPoker site - numpty here forgot DTD were on iPoker, and it is not fair to blonde if I use a rival site to their main sponsor.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 03:39:20 AM »

Will take 5% for the mutual 1$-$11 love
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 09:27:42 AM »

Will take 5% for the mutual 1$-$11 love

Booked. 20% left...
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »

5% please

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »

5% please

Booked.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

15% left, but no rush as it says above, I can't start until 3rd February.
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »

i'll take the last 15% Adam

gl
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

i'll take the last 15% Adam

gl

Booked and sold out.

I'll send PMs to sort payment in the next couple of days...bit hectic at work at the moment, i have to steal a baby on Thursday! (fake one, testing security systems, fun though)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

Final team:

sharplea - 30%
Greekstein - 20%
stato_1 - 20%
geordieneil - 15%
jbworldwide - 5%
redsimon - 5%
OverTheBorder - 5%

I'll be sending details to ship tonight, but again, I'll be starting this on Monday 3rd February as I can't start play until after APAT Stoke.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »

sent gl

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: