blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272831 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Grand Prix XI: £150,000 gtd 14th-21st April
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Grand Prix XI: £150,000 gtd 14th-21st April  (Read 69592 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 08:36:14 PM »

Satellites running now 5pm 7pm 9pm nightly

leaderboard will be published on the GP page to see how people are progressing to 10 chips

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 08:47:47 PM »

ahhhh gotcha, misread it.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 09:51:53 AM »

Will attempt this promo and see how the leaderboard goes. Am I right in saying 500chips given out this time?

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:08:15 AM »

Rob Yong's blog talks the Grand Prix just gone, and the Grand Prix to come, as well as UKIPT, UKPC

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=457

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »

Will attempt this promo and see how the leaderboard goes. Am I right in saying 500chips given out this time?

Yes 500 Golden Chips only.

My eyes are open wide
Foggy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

Hi Tighty

Has anyone mentioned the payout structure yet?

I completely understand the thinking behind trying to pay the majority of returning players something towards their expenses, but paying 260 put of the 318 that returned diluted the payouts for the players that progressed well on Day 2. I have tried to find the exact figures, but I believe that there was only £75 difference between someone finishing 260 to someone finishing 51st. I personally feel that if you had paid the top 100. it would have made more sense.

I witnessed players entering flight 1 on Friday, re-entering, then playing in flight 2 ( they may even have re-entered that flight. Therefore the spend would have been £240, they would then have had to make the final 3 tables to cover there entry's let alone travelling, hotel, food ( plenty of drink for blonde members)

Your thoughts?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »

Hi Tighty

I completely understand the thinking behind trying to pay the majority of returning players something towards their expenses, but paying 260 put of the 318 that returned diluted the payouts for the players that progressed well on Day 2. I have tried to find the exact figures, but I believe that there was only £75 difference between someone finishing 260 to someone finishing 51st. I personally feel that if you had paid the top 100. it would have made more sense.

I witnessed players entering flight 1 on Friday, re-entering, then playing in flight 2 ( they may even have re-entered that flight. Therefore the spend would have been £240, they would then have had to make the final 3 tables to cover there entry's let alone travelling, hotel, food ( plenty of drink for blonde members)

Your thoughts?

Rob was asked about this yesterday on a long facebook thread

Amongst the comments he made were that

- We paid 260 out of 2600. 50% players have won in for 55p or 5.50, so the min cash is lot to them

In his blog he says that

"the average player had 1.7 attempts, so 1530 unique players took part. It’s important to keep a track on the number of re-entries in relation to the number of flights, because the idea of giving plenty of online and live opportunities is not to boost the prizepool by increasing the average spend per head, but to increase the options for players to get involved. Of course, some Grand Prix fans played as many flights as they could, but in reality, must took a shot with just 1 bullet won through our 55p and £5 online feeder structure, which qualified over 50% of the total entries."

In essence its a grass roots poker event, paying 10% of the field and the min cash is a huge return for a fair proportion of the field emanating from those qualifying for very little

My eyes are open wide
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »

Yes 500 Golden Chips only.

Think this is better, thks tighty

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »

Hi Tighty

Your thoughts?

Yes foggy people did have lots of goes but after the 50xseat sats players had bullets ready to use. Think my spend was £170

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »

Hi Tighty

Your thoughts?

Rob was asked about this yesterday on a long facebook thread

Amongst the comments he made were that

- We paid 260 out of 2600. 50% players have won in for 55p or 5.50, so the min cash is lot to them

In his blog he says that

"the average player had 1.7 attempts, so 1530 unique players took part. It’s important to keep a track on the number of re-entries in relation to the number of flights, because the idea of giving plenty of online and live opportunities is not to boost the prizepool by increasing the average spend per head, but to increase the options for players to get involved. Of course, some Grand Prix fans played as many flights as they could, but in reality, must took a shot with just 1 bullet won through our 55p and £5 online feeder structure, which qualified over 50% of the total entries."

In essence its a grass roots poker event, paying 10% of the field and the min cash is a huge return for a fair proportion of the field emanating from those qualifying for very little

Mbn getting in for 55p but even if I do then I spend money tryin for more or adding on so this stat is kinda clouded isn't it?
But agree that it's grass roots and there will be a handful who get in for 55p,5.50 or even just the £60 so min cash is ok, if u have lots of goes then min cash is irrelevant and making FT or last two is a goal

your smiling Smiley
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 11:24:12 AM »

So if u make final table can the £1100 ukipt be exchanged am in florida for that game

flexibility yes. for this Grand Prix someone couldn't make the target event and are being offered equivalent value DTD seats instead

Thank that help alot
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »

Right, got the first entry in the leader board!!!! Lets go for the max!!!!
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 12:48:17 AM »

Right, got the first entry in the leader board!!!! Lets go for the max!!!!

Haha gogogo Vinod, you can do it!
What's your plan of attack? Will it be play every day?
There quite tough only giving 1st place usually
Wd bagging one early doors

your smiling Smiley
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »

Hi Ross, definitely gunning " race to 10 seats" promo. Basically a free seat for UKIPT is too good a chance to miss. I agree that you might spend about £100 quid to get 10 seats ( I am loving the fact that the sats are now F/O and not 1R1A) so the seats are worth £600 + you do get a crack at the UKIPT.
Also the later sats that run at 7 and 9 PM usually generates 2-3 seats per night, so getting a seat should be EASY  Wink Wink
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »

vinod, have they changed the payout too? think i say 2nd getting like 25quid insted of money back which is brill! ive only had 1 attempt, not had many evenings free to play these Sad
 gl bro

your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: