blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Felt colluded against in UKPC DTD Mega sat just finished now on ipoker..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Felt colluded against in UKPC DTD Mega sat just finished now on ipoker..  (Read 57524 times)
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:10 PM »

That's a pretty fast and bold decision, I hope they have some right to appeal, I think satellite hh's are pretty difficult to dissect.

I think they are easier to dissect if people are typing in the chat box "hey guys, let's collude!", as was suggested at the beginning of this thread.

That was the other table who I assume are all fine.

Yeah, sorry, I've deleted my post, as I was obviously barking up the wrong tree.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »

Very sad news.

Sats are terrible for so many reasons, and this highlights one of the main problems.

If you want to play a big tournie, just play a small one as a satellite!

Having said that, respect to Dom for sticking to his guns when he was roundly criticised and derided last night.

And respect to DTD for acting swiftly and decisively.

Trust there is an appeal process and it is conducted by an expert in satellites.

As we know, folding AA and other counter intuitive moves are often the correct in sats.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2014, 05:29:50 PM »

Guilty or not, playing a satalite with the same ip address is a little naive , will always bring up suspicions regardless
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »

I take it from the list of exits it's Guy and Dave that have been removed & banned?....

with apologies for the long list

Exits so far today

391    David Lloyd
392    Simon Hemsworth
393    Karl Mahrenholz
394    Richard Scott Berryman
395    Caicai Huang
396    Barrie Chase
397    Ian Bradley
398    Nigel Pemberton
399    Mian Wei
400    Basharat Mahmood
401    Laith Sheena
402    Ian Senior
403    Sam Trickett
404    John Tobin
405    Peter Charalambous
406    Anonymous
407    Matt Adams
408    Timothy Flanders
409    Nadim Sarwar
410    Robert Boon
411    Colin Napier
412    David Milligan
413    Guy Johnson

414    Florian Duta
415    Dave Buckland
416    Alli Mallu
417    Rizgar Qadir
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 05:45:39 PM »

Simon has already stated that Aaron. Read the thread!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »

Not that i suspect any foul play whatsoever from these guys, i would imagine that same IP usage in same tournament would be enough to ring the alarm. As Keef says there are many reasons to do totally non standard things in sats because of the unique dynamics sats create so hope that is taken into account.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »

Hope theres a right of appeal, Dave and Guy are both very honest people and would be a shame if the full hhs and chat logs are not reviewed to see what went on on both tables. I've folded AA pre on bubble or near bubble in many DtD sats online when I had a seat locked up and could fold my way to "the money".

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »

Apologies to Nathan, I don't think you were involved now after due consideration.
[/quote]

I just want to point out Guy is probs my best friend in poker, he was actually in my house playing this, I was in the dining room on my sexy set up and he was in the living room on his laptop.
[/quote]

you didn't just say that ^^ did you??
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 06:25:44 PM »

meh, had nothing to hide. Learned my lesson now though.

jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »

[/quote]

Only hand I can think off the top of my head is one where I didn't go all in from the BB with AA. Guy was massive CL and limped the button. The SB had less than 1 small blind left and I didn't intend on putting another chip in the pot..
[/quote]

LOL!
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »

Hope theres a right of appeal, Dave and Guy are both very honest people and would be a shame if the full hhs and chat logs are not reviewed to see what went on on both tables. I've folded AA pre on bubble or near bubble in many DtD sats online when I had a seat locked up and could fold my way to "the money".

Only fair to have a right of appeal.
Once the UKPC is over, I hope Simon/DTD will look at it in detail, and listen to Dave and Guy's side of the story.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »

Only hand I can think off the top of my head is one where I didn't go all in from the BB with AA. Guy was massive CL and limped the button. The SB had less than 1 small blind left and I didn't intend on putting another chip in the pot..
[/quote]

LOL!
[/quote]

Actually, I'm not sure why this is "LOL". In a satellite you have effectively won the tournament once you have a seat locked, if mili felt this was the case then he has no reason to put another chip into the pot.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »

Very sad news.

Sats are terrible for so many reasons, and this highlights one of the main problems.

If you want to play a big tournie, just play a small one as a satellite!

Having said that, respect to Dom for sticking to his guns when he was roundly criticised and derided last night.

And respect to DTD for acting swiftly and decisively.

Trust there is an appeal process and it is conducted by an expert in satellites.

As we know, folding AA and other counter intuitive moves are often the correct in sats.

+1

Fair play to Dom for reporting this. Would definitely be good to know that Simon Trumper at DTD got to see a collusion report at DTD. I've been a player on ipoker for years and while I think at times they get a bad rap, they definitely deserve it sometimes. It would definitely be good to know that the person who viewed the hand histories fully understands the difference of a regular tournament and a satellite. On pokerstars I'd be totally confident the appropriate actions were taken but all it takes is someone with only a basic understanding of the game to be looking over this for it to be wrong and a decision taken which can severely affect the reputations of players. Everyone knows that reputation in poker is everything. Good that they have responded quickly however - if only they weren't taking years and years to simply put measures in place like creating hand for hand on the bubble etc.

Definitely echo Dubai's points too - very hard to prove in a sat.

One thing that I wanted to question, was when Dom said he specifically thought he was being targetted to not win a seat. Surely that is perfectly fine? If I was a monster CL where there were 3 short stacks and I was a lock to win a seat, I'd probably be keenest to knock out who I thought was the best player. Maybe I'd target the guy I didn't like. Maybe one was my mate and I'd just stay out of their way. Wouldn't say there's anything wrong with any of the first two and the last one is fine as long as that's not pre-agreed upon to stay out of each others way etc.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »

Why do u read blonde without signing in?

haha, this!

LOL!
[/quote]

Actually, I'm not sure why this is "LOL". In a satellite you have effectively won the tournament once you have a seat locked, if mili felt this was the case then he has no reason to put another chip into the pot.
[/quote]

Agree completely. This is exactly the type of hand I had in mind when I expressed a concern at whoever looked at the tournament history from ipoker.

I have many friends who play occasionally, have an understanding of the game and if shown that hand would probably all say 'CHEATING!' whereas I could never penalise that in a sat.

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:34 PM »

Also, congrats Guy on the 2nd lifetime ban.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: