blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Felt colluded against in UKPC DTD Mega sat just finished now on ipoker..
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Felt colluded against in UKPC DTD Mega sat just finished now on ipoker..  (Read 57503 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »

Wish this thread remained closed.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2014, 07:34:12 PM »

I think some very good points worthy of debate have been raised.

It is after after all the Blonde Poker forum where we discuss all things poker-related and all things that our members wish to invite opinion upon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^ great post.

To be honest. It's not. Well, it's not bad. And matt is a big fker. I could have him though, so I'm not scared. It's a good post, relating to a general situation, but doesn't really apply to this particular situation. IMO.

It's deliberately general if that helps elevate it a little more towards being 'great'. I wanted it to be general so that it didn't appear biased because it isn't intended to be.

As Camel says there's an inherent problem with satellites in that collusion has to happen at some point. How you police it and to what level is the problem.

Can we all be honest as well and admit that if we're in a 10 seat satellite and we have the choice of knocking out some random we've never met or our best friend in the whole world then we're going to choose the random. It's just natural that you do it and anyone who says they don't is lying.

Obv this.

Folding AA vs them bvb is obv cheating if your going ballistic vs everyone else, but surely it should be my choice if i want to jam atc vs everyone else but be a bit tighter on said mates bb, no way speculating on what actually happened but just seems nobody knows where the line is for what's cheating and what's not.

Nevermind backers and horses.

Would love to know how many people have been banned on iPoker for collusion in a sat.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:15:52 PM by mondatoo » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »

Disagree Matt, we BOTH know we'd take up any two to knock out Bopkin if our own seat was basically a guarantee. Agree in general though Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2014, 09:16:43 PM »

Disagree Matt, we BOTH know we'd take up any two to knock out Bopkin if our own seat was basically a guarantee. Agree in general though Smiley

Absolute Boppleberries!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »

I have now been sent a very detailed report from ipoker, after reading the contents of this report 3 times over, it would be completely, absolutely and utterly impossible for me or anyone at DTD to argue on behalf of the 2 players' with ipoker. The decisions DTD have made stand and the matter is closed as far as further comment from me, Nick or Simon.

On a personal note, I would have preferred this public thread not to have been opened by Dominic, I think this was bad etiquette, DTD could have been contacted directly and the result would have been exactly the same. I am not a fan of 'outing people', even more so before there is proof, at the point this thread was opened there was not conclusive proof. Whist the original poster has now been proven right, he could not have 'known this' for certain' at the time of 'outing' the 2 players, so if anyone has any issues with suspected collusion in the future, please contact us directly and we will investigate immediately.

No one wants a fair game, happy members and a buoyant Blondepoker forum more than me.

Rob
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:45:37 PM by robyong » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »

In before demands to see it lol 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2014, 09:38:28 PM »

EvilPie, Mondatoo, GreekStein and nirvana all agree that people are likely to collude at the end of satellites to help out mates v randoms.

Are they saying something which is "offensive to the most simple of brains, next thing we will be saying is that walking outside of your house encourages you to be mugged" too?

Pretty unhappy with Rob's post to be honest.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2014, 09:40:18 PM »

posting the hands in this thread would be ridiculous. How this has been handled is completely stnd from poker operators, Pokerstars frequently uncover cheating and send people emails saying "You were victim of cheating and you are being compensated with $X" and then when you ask for further details they say they are not permitted to provide them, even the screen names of those who cheated.

It's not for anyone here to contribute to the decision thats for ipoker+DTD - I do however disagree that people posting their opinions on the topic ITT is out of order, yes most opinions that are posted will be slightly bias and pretty mis-informed but this is a public poker forum, if bias and mis-informed posts were out of order then no-one would ever post anything lol.

If there were some specific hands that led to the disqualification I don't think it's ridiculous at all.

To be honest I find it quite worrying that I might play a sat, win it and then subsequently find myself being removed from my seat at DTD and barred for life.

If there are some specific hands then I'd like to know if they are hands that I would consider standard. If they are then I'm afraid I'd have to choose not to play the sats any more for fear of being dq'd for doing nothing wrong. We're not just talking about £1100 here we're talking about being accused of cheating and then kicked out of a live comp. It's not a pleasant thought at all.

The thing I find most worrying about this whole sorry situation is the inconsistency. If someone has cheated then yes they should be disqualified but everyone who plays the iPoker/DTD sats will have seen it loads of times with no consequences. Maybe it's because it hasn't been reported before I don't know, I certainly haven't reported it although I've definitely seen it.

Regarding general collusion in satellites I actually thought that was the point. Once you get to the late stages the whole idea is to pick on one or 2 short stacks and try to knock them out. Surely if you've paid your entry fee you should get to decide who you pick on? I know that if I'm lucky enough to get that deep in a sat with a decent stack I'll target one or two players specifically and try to wear them down and force them all in. Decent sat players can see who the targets are and they then join in, on iPoker unfortunately even the crap players join in because some idiots start telling them what to do in the chat box.

One final point. On the final hand when the shorty is all in and everyone flats and then checks it down should everyone be dq'd?

The point is Matt - those HH's are private, and unless very good reason is provided (defo no such reason in this thread) then posting them on a public board would be out of order, DTD would certainly be massively in the wrong if they did that, which is I imagine why they didn't. If we get into a habbit of sharing confidential information because there is sufficient demand for it then it's a very slippery slope.

The final hand everyone calls and checks down is not cheating or colluding, it's gamesmanship, cheating and colluding can only occur when it's pre-determined or discussed, so if a short stack is AI in the BB, i'm on the BTN and you're in the SB and we decide to check it down independantly because that's the smart thing to do that is fine. If I msg you on skype or say in chat "Lets check this down" then we're colluding.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2014, 10:17:41 PM »

I have now been sent a very detailed report from ipoker, after reading the contents of this report 3 times over, it would be completely, absolutely and utterly impossible for me or anyone at DTD to argue on behalf of the 2 players' with ipoker. The decisions DTD have made stand and the matter is closed as far as further comment from me, Nick or Simon.

On a personal note, I would have preferred this public thread not to have been opened by Dominic, I think this was bad etiquette, DTD could have been contacted directly and the result would have been exactly the same. I am not a fan of 'outing people', even more so before there is proof, at the point this thread was opened there was not conclusive proof. Whist the original poster has now been proven right, he could not have 'known this' for certain' at the time of 'outing' the 2 players, so if anyone has any issues with suspected collusion in the future, please contact us directly and we will investigate immediately.

No one wants a fair game, happy members and a buoyant Blondepoker forum more than me.

Rob

This is all news to me. I find it strange that we haven't been made aware of this, yet have been in frequent contact with Nick. The last we heard was that the collusion team finished work at 5pm today and seemingly they hadn't finished reviewing our case yet.. did someone put in some overtime?

kano

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2014, 01:26:16 AM »

The banned players should upload their full hand histories from the satellite to the forum, now that DTD consider this matter closed.
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2014, 07:22:18 AM »

The banned players should upload their full hand histories from the satellite to the forum, now that DTD consider this matter closed.

Wait... wat?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2014, 07:43:13 AM »

Ray touched on a point that I would like to have clarified.  Hypothetically speaking, if I am on the bubble of a satty and one of my horses is in the bb, if we haven't communicated with each other in any way and I give him a walk (it's in my own interests after all), is this collusion?

Assuming I am the big stack and the horse is a short stack, I would be burning my own money by shoving.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »

Also this is completely pointless.  It changes nothing in the eyes of DTD / iPoker and wouldn't benefit anyone.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »

Ray touched on a point that I would like to have clarified.  Hypothetically speaking, if I am on the bubble of a satty and one of my horses is in the bb, if we haven't communicated with each other in any way and I give him a walk (it's in my own interests after all), is this collusion?

Assuming I am the big stack and the horse is a short stack, I would be burning my own money by shoving.

The minute you start playing two stacks you are cheating/colluding.  Even if you have a share in two or more stacks at the table, you should play against these people as if you have no financial interest in them. It may not be on the scale of the Chinese Double or Nothing factory, but it doesn't make it much better.

I don't really understand why everybody who has a big stack seems in such a rush to try and help their mates, or knock out strangers.  Just go make yourself a brew, you are safe, let the shorties do their thing. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: