blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:37:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham - Mere Tipster Competition?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham - Mere Tipster Competition?  (Read 8622 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »

I won it last year.

No you didn't Aaron.

You won Royal Ascot and I was 2nd.

Fight , fight , fight , love it , and the comp hasn't even started  stirthepot
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »

I won it last year.

No you didn't Aaron.

Correct, though for some peculiar reason, my results were not shown on the Royal Ascot Spready.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdE5vU3J1cS1QaEdSUm41WTNEODhiX2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

In.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »

I won it last year.

No you didn't Aaron.

Correct, though for some peculiar reason, my results were not shown on the Royal Ascot Spready.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdE5vU3J1cS1QaEdSUm41WTNEODhiX2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I've just checked and MTTDestroyer won last year, if that's Aaron I apologise.

Hopkin must have won in a previous year or Aintree*

*edited.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:55:09 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »

In

Make it at least £25....Lets get some money into the pool
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »

Ha, I knew it was one of them!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »

Chompy won it in his opinion
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »

There looks to be plenty of names so I'll start a thread next week with the details.
Many thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest. The more that enter the more fun we are likely to have.

For anyone who is not sure how the competition works here is the thread for last year's renewal.
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60495.0

Since this thread has been started if anyone wishes to make suggestions for any alterations to the rules, this is your chance.
Any suggestions will be considered and then, almost certainly, rejected. Smiley

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »

I'm quite happy to do it for £25, but I'd prefer to do it for a tenner and have twice the runners.

These things are more about getting everyone involved than anything, for me anyway.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 02:21:07 PM »

There looks to be plenty of names so I'll start a thread next week with the details.
Many thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest. The more that enter the more fun we are likely to have.

For anyone who is not sure how the competition works here is the thread for last year's renewal.

Since this thread has been started if anyone wishes to make suggestions for any alterations to the rules, this is your chance.

I seem to remember that there was a rather harsh-seeming "non-runner you lose" rule in a previous tipster competition but can't recall if it was amended or not.

Great news that you are running another of these Vince, looking forward to the week even more now if that is possible.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »

In, going for the double after last year 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 02:41:34 PM »

I seem to remember that there was a rather harsh-seeming "non-runner you lose" rule in a previous tipster competition but can't recall if it was amended or not.

Great news that you are running another of these Vince, looking forward to the week even more now if that is possible.

I think that was in a competition with a slightly different set of rules. I can't think what it was at the moment but there was, obviously, an extremely good reason for that ruling. Smiley

For this competition anyone picking a non-runner will get the SP favourite. However, anyone trying to subvert the rules to get the SP favourite in every race will be frowned upon. Obviously there is nothing to stop someone picking the favourite in every race at the time of their entry.
If anyone has entered the competition and is unable to enter any selections for a given day, they will get a random selection in each race based on a simple, unbiased algorithm.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »

Oh what joy ...... In.

I throw it last year just to stop everyone moaning about it and I get it thrown back at me... this year normal service will be resumed.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »

Agree with Marky a tenner if it means a possible 40 or dare i say it even 50 runners sounds brilliant.

All the people that view Tft everyday and never post may wish to get involved Smiley
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 02:58:40 PM »

In. What does that mean?

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: