blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blonde Dictionary of Poker (2014 Edition)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde Dictionary of Poker (2014 Edition)  (Read 11258 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 09:18:20 PM »

No Way Jose

When an available seat in the 1-2-4 game at DTD is approached by a posturing Venezuelan, who intimates a strong interest in joining the table by asking countless questions, when everyone knows there's no way he'll leave the 50-1.00 table, where he's winning £16.

Love it.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »

Kurtesy

noun,

the showing of politeness in one's attitude and behaviour towards another player in case he eats you.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »

A Sterne Look

A fashion style, characterised by a jumper you'd get for xmas from your gran, accessorised with a baseball cap and a 20-year old glamour model.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 09:37:01 PM »

A Sterne Look

A fashion style, characterised by a jumper you'd get for xmas from your gran, accessorised with a baseball cap and a 20-year old glamour model.

See also Stearnament

Noun

Any tournament featuring Alan Stearne. Its charm is heightened by a late reg and heightened further by a late reg to an empty seat at your table. Fun times sure to follow.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

OBJECTION

Stearnament was a term devised about 4 years ago when the hero used to be a reg in the Dtd cash games. Commonly extended to "LOL Stearnaments".

For instance, he beats your set with a rivered gutshot.

"Lol stearnaments".

It must also be noted that Alan has exceptional fashion taste and enjoys shopping at trendy European designers aimed at 20-something hipsters but pulls it off with panache and aplomb.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »

OBJECTION

Stearnament was a term devised about 4 years ago when the hero used to be a reg in the Dtd cash games. Commonly extended to "LOL Stearnaments".

"Lol stearnaments".

It must also be noted that Alan has exceptional fashion taste and enjoys shopping at trendy European designers aimed at 20-something hipsters but pulls it off with panache and aplomb.

I confess I had heard of its previous use.

Two things in my defence:

1) The OP does allow for existing words, but with new definitions or uses. The evolution of language and all that;
2) Anything ending "ament" should be in reference to a tournament or the contraction doesn't work.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »

OBJECTION

"Lol stearnaments".

I confess I had heard of its previous use.

Two things in my defence:

1) The OP does allow for existing words, but with new definitions or uses. The evolution of language and all that;
2) Anything ending "ament" should be in reference to a tournament or the contraction doesn't work.

1) fair point, upheld

2) evolution of language and all that...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »

Wink

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 10:08:22 PM »

Wink

Shit I missed the semi colon after point 1. It was a freeroll perfect usage since you'd done it in the previous post too. Gash.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »

P-chips

Noun

Profit in betting disc form.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 10:28:57 PM »

Optimism

noun

Rotating the 3-sided DTD menu beyond 360° in the vain hope that you'll stumble across something new and interesting.

Realism

noun

Ordering the same thing from the DTD menu as you have for the past 16 weeks.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

Absolutism

noun

A game played to the soundtrack of 80s music at DTD by people who are old (also usually graduates of Sheffield Uni).

philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »

Absolutism

noun

A game played to the soundtrack of 80s music at DTD by people who are old (also usually graduates of Sheffield Uni).

Smiley

And what a great game it is.

I think you should spearhead a protest Dan, arriving each week dressed as an 80's music legend until Absolute 80's is restored to it's rightful position as DTD's official soundtrack.

Start with Boy George.
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2014, 10:34:18 AM »

Pissclick

(1) Pissing your chips away online.

What happened to that huge stack you had?

Oh, I pissclicked it away.

(2) Playing online when drunk, which inevitably leads back to definition (1) unless:

(2i) Your name is Nick Hicks, in which case that second carafe of pinot grigio only serves as rocket fuel to propel you to a Sunday million victory, giving rise to a secondary term:

Hicksclicking

How on earth did you win that? When I left you could barely speak.

I just Hicksclicked my way to victory.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:36:16 AM by philthepower » Logged
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2014, 01:59:43 PM »

The Tombomb

Bombing the river after backdooring some weird shit, often with somewhat optimistic starting cards Cheesy

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: