blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £250 Deepstack £150k GTD UKIPT Special 30th Apr-4th May incl 50 UKIPT Seats
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £250 Deepstack £150k GTD UKIPT Special 30th Apr-4th May incl 50 UKIPT Seats  (Read 15275 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »

Yes you are missing something that the most optimal way to play these sats is to enter at the add on break and it's not even close esp with a triple addon.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »

Yes you are missing something that the most optimal way to play these sats is to enter at the add on break and it's not even close esp with a triple addon.

Yeah this definitely.

It's so much better to wait 'til the break to buy in that despite the low cost the penny rolls actually become bad value because you are forced in from the start.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »

Nits   Grin
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »

yes i know that. my point is, why structure a tournament where the optimal way of buying in is to wait till end of late reg? why not structure something thats worth being in from the start? I just don't like the amount you have to commit as a buy in versus the reward attainable. sattys should be a cheap way of getting in to a comp
h

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:45 PM »

went wrong for the late reg /add on last minute in tonights the add on button didnt work for many

h

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 08:47:11 PM »

yes i know that. my point is, why structure a tournament where the optimal way of buying in is to wait till end of late reg? why not structure something thats worth being in from the start? I just don't like the amount you have to commit as a buy in versus the reward attainable. sattys should be a cheap way of getting in to a comp
agree 100% with this
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »

They just want everyone to take the add on that's why. If they changed it from that I think they would drop the guarantees, I'd rather keep the guarantees myself.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 08:51:16 PM »

If too many people leave it to the last minute and players are eliminated in the prizes, as was the case in h's screenshot, that closes late reg and stops add-ons being taken.

I see why the structure is as it is, but surely there's room for some old-fashioned standard freeze out satellites?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »

needs to be less levels of rebuys then. i'd happily take the add on if I hadn't already had two rebuys and once i am past level 7 I am practically either forced to go all in or time bank fold to the add on and fold a huge % of my newly purchased stack in the process.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »

If too many people leave it to the last minute and players are eliminated in the prizes, as was the case in h's screenshot, that closes late reg and stops add-ons being taken.

I see why the structure is as it is, but surely there's room for some old-fashioned standard freeze out satellites?

I think it would be a lot harder to qualify through a FO, I just can't see them guaranteeing big seat numbers for them. In all honestly I don't care too much about 'proper poker' in a cheap sat, get me a seat on the cheap and then I'll worry about that then.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 09:13:07 PM »

so in the main sat its $25 entry with double stack add on. should i be buying in at last minute in this as well?
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »

so in the main sat its $25 entry with double stack add on. should i be buying in at last minute in this as well?

75,000 chips 1500/3000 blinds...pretty playable stack if you ask me...and it gives you 2 hours to do something else before hand...obviously if you join from the start you get an even better playable stack...swings and roundabouts.

There's a turbo one tomorrow at 7pm with only 5 min blinds...good luck.

With regards to the current sat. formats i would also like to see a return of a freezeout even if it was a once a week with feeders during the week...back to the 1 in 5 format...2-10-50-250.  Just as an addition to what is currently on offer with no guaranteed seats to see how it went.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »

75,000 chips 1500/3000 blinds...pretty playable stack if you ask me...and it gives you 2 hours to do something else before hand...obviously if you join from the start you get an even better playable stack...swings and roundabouts.

There's a turbo one tomorrow at 7pm with only 5 min blinds...good luck.

With regards to the current sat. formats i would also like to see a return of a freezeout even if it was a once a week with feeders during the week...back to the 1 in 5 format...2-10-50-250.  Just as an addition to what is currently on offer with no guaranteed seats to see how it went.

Ok 1 in 5 does not sound too bad actually.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »

Definitely prefer to see freezeouts back.
These sats are awful, but my main issue is the two hour rebuy period!

The £25 I played got to the final table bubble then 9 people late regged!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »

Definitely prefer to see freezeouts back.
These sats are awful, but my main issue is the two hour rebuy period!

The £25 I played got to the final table bubble then 9 people late regged!

That's ok as long as everyone is fine with the guaranteed seats dropping, because it will, but I like the big guarantees. I like it how it is, but maybe add a FO a couple of times a week or something for those that don't, or alternate days RB with FO's?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:13:20 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: