blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  on line abuse
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: on line abuse  (Read 21216 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:19:26 AM »

Why is it that the annonimity that accompanies playing online induces the most deplorably reprehensible language and abuse from seemingly the preponderance of players.
insults that are nothing short of egreadious and would provoke substantial reaction if done in the bricks and mortar game are insouciantly conveyed at the drop of a hat precipitated by nothing more than a bad beat.a multitude of players are abusing the system thus, with compunction and impunity.
Are poker players inherintly contemptable and just very good at duplicitously fiegning humility and magnanomy in the real world only to asuage there anger and frustration by imparting the most pernicious inviduous insults when they get home and play online.
should there be a code of practice that precludes such behaviour and admonishes the perpertraitors with exclusion or suspension depending on the extent to which they have transgressed it?
the nefarious and cowardly element who i would propose never act thus offline, in fear of reprisal, should be filtered out so that human decency, prevalent decorum,and a propensity for reverence can flourish over individual site profit!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:22:04 AM »

wow i understoood about 3 word in that but if you see someone spouting of abuse at the table please report it to support@(the poker site your playing on) they should then remove the abilty of that person to chat

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 12:22:09 AM »

Nice words, can you spell check next time please?

Apart from that... interesting first post, my new friend.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 12:48:08 AM by Heid » Logged

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 12:24:04 AM »

Why is it that the annonimity that accompanies playing online induces the most deplorably reprehensible language and abuse from seemingly the preponderance of players.
insults that are nothing short of egreadious and would provoke substantial reaction if done in the bricks and mortar game are insouciantly conveyed at the drop of a hat precipitated by nothing more than a bad beat.a multitude of players are abusing the system thus, with compunction and impunity.
Are poker players inherintly contemptable and just very good at duplicitously fiegning humility and magnanomy in the real world only to asuage there anger and frustration by imparting the most pernicious inviduous insults when they get home and play online.
should there be a code of practice that precludes such behaviour and admonishes the perpertraitors with exclusion or suspension depending on the extent to which they have transgressed it?
the nefarious and cowardly element who i would propose never act thus offline, in fear of reprisal, should be filtered out so that human decency, prevalent decorum,and a propensity for reverence can flourish over individual site profit!

yeah, orrible innit  Wink
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 12:31:34 AM »

Guess who got a dictionary for chistmas then!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 12:34:23 AM by newmanseye » Logged

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 12:33:40 AM »

Wow good long winded big worded first post Cheesy

I think a lot of it is simply to tilt other players at the table.
redimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 12:39:59 AM »

MikkyT

I could never word it quite like that bolt pp
but a big  to you
shelly xx
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 12:45:10 AM »

I don't think they even qualify as words!

And I have a degree
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 12:53:38 AM »

Impressive vocabulary, grammar and structure require a little work.

Welcome to Blonde.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 12:56:05 AM »

hehe, good post.

I guess you'll never have to worry about being taken to task for insulting an opponent since there's scant chance of them understanding one of your verbose diatribes!

I laugh at people insulting me over the net. I know they wouldn't say the same things to my face.  I do feel bad for other people though at some of the insults. Saying you hope someone "dies of cancer" or similar is pretty disgusting , but something i used to see on a daily basis, when playing at certain sites.

I found party poker players were often the most insulting, but occasionally they can make me laugh. One time, i outdrew an opponent. His response?

"I hope you get f****d by a goat"

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 01:00:37 AM »

Well....

I've never heared such language

Welcome to blonde

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 01:07:30 AM »

wow, a wonderful Maiden Post by bolt PP. Another candidate for POTD.

By coincidence, I spent last week on a boat with about 600 predominantly online players, most of whom rarely play Live. The behaviour of some of them was quite atrocious, it seemed to me they transferred their online personna to the live game. It goes with the territory, methinks. But there are many, many online players who behave impeccably, but they don't grt noticed. The nature of the beast.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 01:08:11 AM »

hehe, good post.

I guess he's experienced such an encounter himself then. Maybe he's being friendly.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 01:09:03 AM »

wow, a wonderful Maiden Post by bolt PP. Another candidate for POTD.

By coincidence, I spent last week on a boat with about 600 predominantly online players, most of whom rarely play Live. The behaviour of some of them was quite atrocious, it seemed to me they transferred their online personna to the live game. It goes with the territory, methinks. But there are many, many online players who behave impeccably, but they don't grt noticed. The nature of the beast.

You mentioned this on Poker 425. Can we hear more on this?

I thought the story of the fella with 53k was terrible. Really gets my goat. Total arrogance.

Apologies if you have already discussed this topic.
onespeedo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 01:09:29 AM »

hehe, good post.

I guess you'll never have to worry about being taken to task for insulting an opponent since there's scant chance of them understanding one of your verbose diatribes!

I laugh at people insulting me over the net. I know they wouldn't say the same things to my face.  I do feel bad for other people though at some of the insults. Saying you hope someone "dies of cancer" or similar is pretty disgusting , but something i used to see on a daily basis, when playing at certain sites.

I found party poker players were often the most insulting, but occasionally they can make me laugh. One time, i outdrew an opponent. His response?

That's a compliment where I come from.........
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: