blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:32:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159397 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »

all the speculation is on who poisoned him, but who would technically be next in line to the throne?
Uncle Jamie?
Back to mum?
There's a brother and sister for Joffrey too isn't there?
A Tyrell?

Only temporary till those dragons finally arrive who ever it is Smiley

looking forward to seeing it play out.

What's happened to Robert's bastard son, last seen being attempted 'murdered/sexed' by Melisandre? I can't remember his name?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »

Re pace of books vs TV:

The fourth and fifth books aren't chronological so it is likely that the next two series will mix and match a bit, joining up for the sixth.

GRRM has already told the two exec producers of hbo show the broad strokes of what happens and GoT might even tell some 'prehistory' stories whilst waiting for book 7.

It's a bit like you've made Lord of the Rings and are waiting for the last part. In the meantime you can tell the stories from other parts of the the Tolkein (or in this case GRRM) universe.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »

Martin has given the outline of the last book to HBO and the screenwriters in case he dies before he completes the last book! After all, this year is 4 years in the writing and counting....

"Ned Stark wakes up and it was all a dream and he's happy because he's not dead and Sheff Utd are in the Westeros Cup final"

for some reason this post really tickled me.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:21 PM »

Amazing episode.

Dinklage and Joffrey are the best two things about the show IMO. I hope they dont kill off Dinklage, but what balls to kill off Joffrey (by the book author obv, not HBO). Lets not forget that he is a young kid, what a brilliant actor.

Sounds awful, but I really wanted him to die by someone's hands, maybe one of Shaun Beans daughters, but well played either way.

Im guessing its that new bisexual badass guy that arranged it.

It was Sansa that did it wasn't it? When she passed the cup to the little fella after it fell under the table?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 02:45:47 AM »

Amazing episode.

Dinklage and Joffrey are the best two things about the show IMO. I hope they dont kill off Dinklage, but what balls to kill off Joffrey (by the book author obv, not HBO). Lets not forget that he is a young kid, what a brilliant actor.

Sounds awful, but I really wanted him to die by someone's hands, maybe one of Shaun Beans daughters, but well played either way.

Im guessing its that new bisexual badass guy that arranged it.

It was Sansa that did it wasn't it? When she passed the cup to the little fella after it fell under the table?

That was my thinking, straight after watching it just now.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »

I hope it was the fool. That would be ace.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »

Wasn't it a different cup from the other end of the table from the one that Sansa picked up?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »

Sansa had no clue, my guess it was the fool on the orders of that bisexual badass guy.

Or the grandmother of Joffreys new bride.

The Joffrey  actor is quitting acting forever aged 21
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 09:15:42 PM »

Sansa had no clue, my guess it was the fool on the orders of that bisexual badass guy.

Or the grandmother of Joffreys new bride.

The Joffrey  actor is quitting acting forever aged 21

Think he has a theatre company in Dublin that he wants to keep doing. Something about acting becoming too much of a job and not enough of a passion or so.

Shame really (although gl to him) because his performances as Joffrey have been incred.

People genuinely *hate* him and fist pumped his demise a lot and that's a really hard thing to do I think.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 07:37:25 PM »

Littlefinger tho......
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »

Recently started watching GoT, have watched all of it within last month and am fully up to date. Love it.

For those who have read the books, how long do we have left of the tv series? Any idea?

The books aren't finished yet and, as I understand it, the TV series will catch up in a couple of years, meaning GRR Martin will either have to spoil the book by giving away what happens so it can go in the TV series or the two things will diverge away from each other.

If they split each book into 2 (DWD into 3) there's 4 or 5 more series already written. Plus another book next year? Should be fine time wise. Word is HBO know the full plot anyway.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 02:21:47 AM »

Was it just me or was Littlefinger turning the husky voice up to eleven?  Maybe it was all that fog.

Solid set up episode tonight.  Some character progression and nice setting the scene.

And just when I think GoT has broken every taboo we have continued incest of a rapey vibe with the parents of the dead child on the slab next to them.  Never saw that coming.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:42 PM »

Thought we got reminded of a few characters' true nature last night.
Jamie had started to seem a very sympathetic character, but he's a dangerous guy.
Tywin getting what's always essentially his reign back on track. (and Charles Dance is just fabulous in that role)
The Hound. Just when we were thinking he was a soft at heart baby sitter for Arya Stark, we're reminded he's a ruthless mercenary.
Little Finger seemed a bit of a weaselly but toothless player in the court, but he went up several rungs on the dudes-to-be-taken-seriously ladder.

And that's some army Daenerys is putting together. I always enjoy that last 10-15 mins with her.
Sure that story will take another couple of seasons to really hot up.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »

Littlefingers voice pisses me off. It was fine in season 1 then just sent weird after that for some reason.

Blue text
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »

the director has come out with a statement saying that it wasn't meant to be a rape scene btw
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: