blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 160092 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 16, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »

ya but  what was said about jon saying 'ghost' in the books can give away things that could possibly happen
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 16, 2015, 06:00:04 PM »

ya but  what was said about jon saying 'ghost' in the books can give away things that could possibly happen

equally likely it won't given how distinct the last series is from what has happened in the books

up until season 4 the two were very much alike, very significant differences in season 5

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 16, 2015, 06:02:17 PM »

Someone just suggested to me that someone would try and burn Jon Snow and it wouldn't work, showing his Targaryan lineage. Good shout I thought.

Targaryens aren't fireproof. Dany and her dragons was a special case.

Blue text
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 16, 2015, 06:05:55 PM »

Someone just suggested to me that someone would try and burn Jon Snow and it wouldn't work, showing his Targaryan lineage. Good shout I thought.

Targaryens aren't fireproof. Dany and her dragons was a special case.

Maybe, maybe not. Dany did say something to the effect "not a true dragon, can't be burned" when Viserys got his gold crown from Drogo back in season 1.

Thought it was a reasonable guess
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: June 16, 2015, 06:07:20 PM »

Yeah I have big time avoided book spoilers to this point, but as I understand it we are caught up with or gone past the books at this stage and any small details we get from the book as just as likely to not factor as they are to factor (For example I've heard one of the scenes last night happened in the books, to completely different characters who aren't even in the show).

So now it's more like the Walking Dead, which has followed some of the main story arcs from the comics but in a completelt remixed way with different characters.

I'm pleased, I like nerding up on this stuff but didn't want to miss out on the holy shit moments like the Red Wedding, now it seems I can because all the major plot points have happened (right?).

Also it means that right now, in both universes, Tyrion is still alive, which is all that really matters.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »

I'm only on book 1, and fm have avoided book spoilers up to now, but I think as books and show has reached the same point, spoilers aren't an issue anymore.

I think anyone not wishing to get book/show comparisons might have to avoid anything GOT for life now Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 16, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »

I'm pleased, I like nerding up on this stuff but didn't want to miss out on the holy shit moments like the Red Wedding, now it seems I can because all the major plot points have happened (right?).

yes

all the stuff posted this afternoon is pure speculation. we are right at the point of passing the books and various things in the books have a) not happened on screen and b) happened differently, in some cases to different people

they are about to film series 6 (july to october) with treatments approved by George Martin..ahead of the book coming out. the last book was 4 years ago and this one is at least a couple of years late

he has also given the producers the entire synopsis of how it ends in case he dies before he finishes

its quite unfair to say there are season 6 spoilers being posted, we just don't know, and can only speculate

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 16, 2015, 06:12:18 PM »

And speculating is half the fun
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 16, 2015, 06:15:18 PM »

Ye speculating is fun, stuff was posted about the books during this series though.

Hopefully that won't happen going forward.

I think the new guard is The Hound, one timeeeee.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 16, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »

Definitely the mountain
It's not a mystery, he's been giving Cersie updates on it Smiley
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: June 16, 2015, 06:27:43 PM »

I think also the future books and future series are going to vary from each other in quite significant ways. They've differed anyway and it would be a real disservice to the book readers if the TV show spoiled the books completely.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: June 16, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

I thought last night's was actually pretty bad - too much happened so quickly, that robbed everything of its drama. By the time Jon Snow's kebabing came round it was all meh - less dramatic than Ygritte going.

Sansa and Theon jumping off the walls was done in such an offhand way that it didn't even cross my mind that it might be gg them.

The best bit by far was Cersei's atonement, coincidently the one bit of the episode which was drawn out and done at a slow pace - all the better for it.

Also, I know we've had all the spoiler discussion but I think that any type of speculation is a bit off, as those of us who haven't read the books don't know what's real speculation, and what is people passing off future knowledge/stuff they've heard somewhere as speculation so they can be Mystic Meg if it happens.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 16, 2015, 07:05:26 PM »

Might want to avoid the thread then, because the speculation looks here to stay.

If it bothers anyone that much, they could always start reading the books Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 16, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »

Yeah, because everyone has time to do that...

That said, it's a shame there isn't a GoT thread which includes the book stuff.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 16, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »

I rarely make time for reading, but GOT books are nicely broken into chapters that take no more than 15-20 mins to read.
I found it great for a quick read with my lunch or while the good lady wife is catching up with eastenders.

Who can't shave 20 mins of their daily schedule for a sit down with a book? Smiley

I think there was a book thread, but that's not much use if everyone is at completely different points. As its all caught up now, there can't be much more harm done. Presumably there's lots of red herrings too if they've diverged.

The guys that watched the first five episodes when they were leaked were pretty good about not spoiling it which we can all be grateful for at least
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: