blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:04:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 160082 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 18, 2016, 09:11:36 AM »

My guess is Ed Stark comes back as a ghost at the very end of this season. Few subliminal hints recently.

@verndog - body double bro

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 18, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »

@verndog - body double bro

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/16/game-of-thrones-spoilers-emilia-clarke-talks-about-that-nude-scene-5884364/

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 23, 2016, 02:21:32 AM »

New episode was good
Interesting bran
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 23, 2016, 02:38:43 AM »

Hordoooooor
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 23, 2016, 06:30:32 AM »

thought this was the worst episode out of all the seasons.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:24 AM »

I really enjoyed it.  I was expecting the Bran storyline to continue down the teaser route from the other week regarding the tower, rather than the events of last night.  Love the fact that the meaning of 'Hodor' has become clear, albeit in something that has 'Back to the Future' type timeline consequences when you think about it too much.

Unusual to see Varys' self-confidence take a hit, but the new red priestess managed to do that.  Similarly with Littlefinger.

The pure highlight though was Tormund making puppy-dog eyes at Brienne, and her reaction!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: May 23, 2016, 09:51:10 AM »

I really enjoyed it.  I was expecting the Bran storyline to continue down the teaser route from the other week regarding the tower, rather than the events of last night.  Love the fact that the meaning of 'Hodor' has become clear, albeit in something that has 'Back to the Future' type timeline consequences when you think about it too much.

Unusual to see Varys' self-confidence take a hit, but the new red priestess managed to do that.  Similarly with Littlefinger.

The pure highlight though was Tormund making puppy-dog eyes at Brienne, and her reaction!

I thought it was really good too, not sure what there wasn't to like. In fact this has been the fastest and most consistently good season of all, all it needs is one classic mind blowing red wedding style episode and its been amazing.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: May 23, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »

On the plus side we did get Withnail and The Actor Kevin Eldon popping up.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 23, 2016, 11:43:13 PM »

This episode felt a bit like the writer got bored and started making it up as he went along. Hordor... Hold the door.. Wait, i need a door for him to hold.

I am confused about the Bran storyline and not even sure HBO and GRRM know what they are doing with it but looks like Sean Bean might get a few more scenes yet.

Enjoyed it though.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2016, 12:33:05 AM »

This episode felt a bit like the writer got bored and started making it up as he went along. Hordor... Hold the door.. Wait, i need a door for him to hold.

I am confused about the Bran storyline and not even sure HBO and GRRM know what they are doing with it but looks like Sean Bean might get a few more scenes yet.

Enjoyed it though.

Agree with you on this, it seemed a weak episode to me but I did enjoy it.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2016, 02:08:29 AM »

can somebody sum up the whole Arya scene for me with potential conspiracy theories etc?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:06 AM »

can somebody sum up the whole Arya scene for me with potential conspiracy theories etc?

there was obvious symmetry between her task to kill the actress that plays Cersei in the play and her own personal mission to kill Cersei IRL.

Also the actress that plays Sansa in the play thinks she's more talented than the Cersei actress, and wants her out the way - potentially a metaphor for Arya clearing the path for Sansa to rule/takeover (by killing Cersei)...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2016, 04:30:44 AM »

thanks alex

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2016, 08:48:33 AM »

I nerded up after the show and it seems it had been planned all along

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/how-george-rr-martin-had-game-of-thrones-hold-the-door-moment-pl/
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 24, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »

The Hodor thing didn't seem forced to me. In fact I thought the opposite and was impressed that GRRM must have had something like that scene in mind from the start. An unusual mix of big picture planning and fine detail for the whole story.

some great stuff in the episode, especially Sansa making Little Finger squirm over the details of what he put her through.

Enjoying the season immensely and feel like we're building up to the final conclusion, what ever that may be
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: