blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 160181 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 24, 2016, 12:52:56 PM »

comedy turn from the Danish borgen actor as uncle greyjoy it has to be said

"where are my niece and nephew? lets find them and kill them"

fun and games if they manage to join up with Mrs Dragon and provide the ferry transfers across the sea for the army

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 24, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »

The Hodor thing didn't seem forced to me. In fact I thought the opposite and was impressed that GRRM must have had something like that scene in mind from the start. An unusual mix of big picture planning and fine detail for the whole story.

some great stuff in the episode, especially Sansa making Little Finger squirm over the details of what he put her through.

Enjoying the season immensely and feel like we're building up to the final conclusion, what ever that may be

I found out that Hodor had a name and used to be 'normal' slightly before the TV show revealed it as my fiancee is reading the books and mentioned it.

As soon as she told me that I said that it must mean that Hodor means something important, and that when we find out it's going to be poignant and that she was probably going to cry - not least because it'll probably be when Hodor dies.

i.e. yes, I assume it was all well planned all along - I like how they did it, I think this series is turning out very well in general.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 24, 2016, 09:10:26 PM »

read an interesting conspiracy today that bran sends the mad king mad from whispering stuff and ends up causing a lot of trouble when simply attempting to try and help the innocent.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: May 24, 2016, 10:12:59 PM »

read an interesting conspiracy today that bran sends the mad king mad from whispering stuff and ends up causing a lot of trouble when simply attempting to try and help the innocent.

I think that's a pretty solid theory after the last episode.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 24, 2016, 10:20:16 PM »

Read the same thing and it makes a lot of sense.

Possible parallels between the old stories of 'Bran The Builder' and 'Bran The Breaker' as well. I think it's mentioned in series one as one of Bran's favorite stories as a kid.

Got a sinking feeling that they might end up using Bran's time paradox back to the future stuff as a bit of a get out of jail free card. Used to think he was the most boring character, but really interested to see where they go from here.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2016, 10:22:18 PM »

Possible parallels between the old stories of 'Bran The Builder' and 'Bran The Breaker' as well. I think it's mentioned in series one as one of Bran's favorite stories as a kid.

Got a sinking feeling that they might end up using Bran's time paradox back to the future stuff as a bit of a get out of jail free card. Used to think he was the most boring character, but really interested to see where they go from here.

I do hope they don't overuse it, just like I hope they don't overuse the whole 'bringing people back from the dead' thing, otherwise it kinda becomes a different show. Right now they are nailing the execution on it.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 24, 2016, 11:07:50 PM »

Am I missing something? How does Hodor holding the door for an extra 30 seconds/1min help Bran and that girl? Surely the zombie horde just break down the door, step over his corpse and get them? They appeared fairly sharpish after Bran's encounter with the blue eyed, zombie guy so assuming they're no slouches.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2016, 11:20:30 PM »

There was fog tbf, how can they find them in fog ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2016, 11:34:11 PM »

Am I missing something? How does Hodor holding the door for an extra 30 seconds/1min help Bran and that girl? Surely the zombie horde just break down the door, step over his corpse and get them? They appeared fairly sharpish after Bran's encounter with the blue eyed, zombie guy so assuming they're no slouches.

I thought the same but guess we just put it down to artistic licence. I would have preferred a strong material reason though rather than they just couldn't see them. That did feel weak.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2016, 11:56:06 PM »

Disappointing to see Summer sacrificed so meekly as well. Didn't slow them down more than two seconds and a real waste of another direwolf.

I guess it helps the budget out when they don't have to animate too many of the furry fellas any more. Can't think of any other reason to kill them all off.

Is there just Ghost and Nymeria left now? Will Nymeria ever return?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 25, 2016, 12:09:44 AM »

I think I heard on one of the YouTube channels that Nymeria is in charge of a huge pack north of the wall in the books. They'll prob bring her back for a big battle or not at all.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:30 AM »

I think I heard on one of the YouTube channels that Nymeria is in charge of a huge pack north of the wall in the books. They'll prob bring her back for a big battle or not at all.

I don't think this is confirmed outside of a dream that Arya had and one of the townsfolk reporting a wild pack of wolves roaming about the Riverlands lead by one massive Direwolf. It's not mentioned more than a couple of times IIRC.

Can see some sort of scenario where a massive pack of wolves take out a bunch of Bolton soldiers for sure, they don't half love their symbolism in GoT.

---

If anything happens this season, I hope it involves Brienne and Tormund getting it on. Their interactions are fantastic so far. Brienne spending her whole life being mocked by blokes for being gangly and generally considered un-womanly, and then the only person to take a shine to her is a massive wildling nutcase. Give me a scene where they're chopping people down back-to-back with each other and you can do what you like with the rest of the series. Have Daenerys use her instant win fire nonsense to trample everyone for all I care.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 25, 2016, 01:37:23 PM »

I do hope they don't overuse it, just like I hope they don't overuse the whole 'bringing people back from the dead' thing, otherwise it kinda becomes a different show. Right now they are nailing the execution on it.
Bran didn't become part of the tree though and the other guy/old thing was killed. Does bran have all the abilities he should have learnt by now. I felt a touch robbed we got to see so little of everything there. Hopefully the book brings some clarity as we've gone from warging it up to viewing the past to talking to people in the past. Also why wasn't Bran warned about the whitewalkers? Seems kind of important to mention when you've lived in a hidden fortress for years, especially when your attached to a tree. Children of the forest seemed pretty bad ass. Great twist on theirr beginning

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 25, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »

It makes sense knowing what we know now - but I don't think it makes sense in terms of the story. I suspect the long game with Bran is going back to warging - taking over a dragon to even the odds in something climactic maybe (and I suspect then dying - because I don't see much use for him other than something like this, and to explain what he's learned from his walks in the past).

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 30, 2016, 05:01:14 PM »

https://imgur.com/lHmoXdj
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: