blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159881 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: November 14, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »

First trailer for the final season

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/1062359268203077633

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 14, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »

My brother has just started a full series rewatch, and think I may do the same over Xmas.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 14, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »

Pretty sure the season 7 'first' trailer was equally as shit with a few flashes of previous seasons and announcing when it was airing.

I seem to recall the proper trailer came very soon afterwards so fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long for something worth watching.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 15, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »

Will keep this spoiler-free ahead of the 9pm showing this evening, but thought we should bump the old thread.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I think I'd suitably managed my expectations that it would be one of the 'plot-development' episodes rather than one of the planned 'epic' ones in the mould of Battle of the Bastards, etc.  Thinking back, it was unusual in that it pretty much updated every major character in the story, unlike previous ones where they've developed one plot-line and saved another one for a later episode.  In that sense, it was very much a 'moving the chess pieces' episode on its return. which is what I'd expected all along.

Some might be disappointed by this, but this seems to have been how the last couple of series have been shaped, in particular.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: April 15, 2019, 07:49:31 PM »

Will keep this spoiler-free ahead of the 9pm showing this evening, but thought we should bump the old thread.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I think I'd suitably managed my expectations that it would be one of the 'plot-development' episodes rather than one of the planned 'epic' ones in the mould of Battle of the Bastards, etc.  Thinking back, it was unusual in that it pretty much updated every major character in the story, unlike previous ones where they've developed one plot-line and saved another one for a later episode.  In that sense, it was very much a 'moving the chess pieces' episode on its return. which is what I'd expected all along.

Some might be disappointed by this, but this seems to have been how the last couple of series have been shaped, in particular.

The difference is there are now only nine episodes left and a shit load of people to kill, so I expect that was the last chess piece mover.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 15, 2019, 08:19:25 PM »

I enjoyed the first episode, but I think I'd suitably managed my expectations that it would be one of the 'plot-development' episodes rather than one of the planned 'epic' ones in the mould of Battle of the Bastards, etc.  Thinking back, it was unusual in that it pretty much updated every major character in the story, unlike previous ones where they've developed one plot-line and saved another one for a later episode.  In that sense, it was very much a 'moving the chess pieces' episode on its return. which is what I'd expected all along.

The difference is there are now only nine five episodes left and a shit load of people to kill, so I expect that was the last chess piece mover.

FYP.

Everyone wishes there were nine!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 15, 2019, 10:20:52 PM »

The difference is there are now only nine episodes left and a shit load of people to kill, so I expect that was the last chess piece mover.

5 Episodes left, though there are 2/3 80min + episodes. I guess this is why they had to keep you updated re. all major characters.

Really enjoyed ep1.

Who out of: Bronn / Samwell / Varys / Jorah do we think will be alive at the end?

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 15, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »

I think Monday 2am is fair game for spoilers. My guess is enough people stream it before 9pm.

I’ve updated the thread title to have episode number in as a level of safety. I can keep that updated Monday morning. I’m not hadcore enough for 2am myself Smiley

Blue text
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: April 15, 2019, 11:38:04 PM »

Loved the opening map thingy.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 16, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »

GUESS SPOILER ALERT

Lots being made of "what is dead, cannot die" and reminders that John Snow has already died.

Pretty sure I saw a glimpse in a trailer of him having "blue eyes".

Could he potentially "run out of life", and get close to the King of the Dead this way, and sacrifice himself?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:16 PM »

GUESS SPOILER ALERT

Lots being made of "what is dead, cannot die" and reminders that John Snow has already died.

Could he potentially "run out of life", and get close to the King of the Dead this way, and sacrifice himself?

When Jon Snow died my wife and I had a similar theory.

We thought they were going to burn his body, but it wouldn't burn - and he'd come back as a challenger to the Night King.

I think it's looking more and more like the Night King (and maybe his generals) are Targaryean (spelling?) but I'd have thought killing him, to bring him back - to kill him again, might be unlikely.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 19, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »

GUESS SPOILER ALERT

We thought they were going to burn his body, but it wouldn't burn - and he'd come back as a challenger to the Night King.

I think it's looking more and more like the Night King (and maybe his generals) are Targaryean (spelling?) but I'd have thought killing him, to bring him back - to kill him again, might be unlikely.

Interesting.

What makes you say "more and more likely Targs etc"? I haven't heard that as a possibliity anywhere in the show?

Weren't the White Walkers around for donkeys years?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 19, 2019, 08:26:13 AM »

GUESS SPOILER ALERT

Interesting.

What makes you say "more and more likely Targs etc"? I haven't heard that as a possibliity anywhere in the show?

Weren't the White Walkers around for donkeys years?

... so have the Targaryens

For a start the White Walkers are different, they have something which makes them in control - they might still have free will even.

Specifically things like the fact that the Night King can fly the dragon - that might just be his control over the undead though; they're marching towards the Iron Throne rather than just generally marching southwards (?)

Basically when I come to think about it the evidence does seem a bit thin - it just seemed like a good idea really Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 21, 2019, 07:13:07 PM »

https://m.ok.ru/video/1361647110869
Ep2
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 22, 2019, 04:41:07 PM »

It won't be the episode everyone remembers but I think it is one of my all time favourites.

Just so much to love, so many funny and sweet moments + the intricate politics that makes GOT so damn engrossing. Every actor/actress just killing every scene.

Going to need plenty of tissues for next week.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: