blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159564 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 30, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »

Brilliant
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 30, 2019, 04:37:43 PM »

The most epic piece of TV/Film for me was always the long shoot out in Heat. The noise was incredible and stays with me even now.

That episode just blew it away. I lost track of how many times I paused it to catch my breath and even giggle a couple of times at how bloody good it was.

Some things just didnt add up. The dragonglass should have been more effective and just cut them down, but some dead seemed to keep fighting and some exploded. Arya even stabbed one in the chin and it just bled out. Complete lack of continuity really, but all abso fine.

Epic TV and Im half way through watching it again in the same day, not something I ever recalled doing before.

Exhausted, but satisfied! Wink

Weren't the ones who exploded the Targeryan White Walkers rather than just the dead normies? As for the bleeding I thought the same but I guess dead people still have blood up to a point? Was this before or after the night king raised the dead? If it was a fresh corpse then its fine.

Karstarks must have still been fairly fresh. I assume the bleeding chin stab was one of them?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 30, 2019, 05:28:08 PM »

Is 'e 'avin a laff, he sure is. Good fun

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #888 on: April 30, 2019, 06:20:59 PM »

Excellent

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 30, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/bj0mmg/spoilers_s08e03_fight_of_the_dragons_brightness/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/bj4hca/spoilers_s08e03_first_wave_of_the_dead_brightness/

Was definitely too dark
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 30, 2019, 11:14:20 PM »

Just caught up with the big bash and ultimately left feeling a bit cold, cough. The best of all human race comes together for final epic battle after about 17yrs wait, yet all that anticipation was better than the reality imo. If we take the unsullied who train for whole lives to fight and even have genitalia extracted for max focus. They march all the way to north for winter is coming tear up, hungry badass warriors, no balls or whatever and then what? They line up in rows and shout "huh" and then step back in rows, point spears and shout "huh". What is this?

Then we have badass dothraki who get flamed up and disappear into the darkness in a minute.

Then we have the ultimate weapon of 2x dragons who were touring around doing nowt, did some stuff that happened in the dark, breathed a bit of random fire. That is all.

Main man Bran basically looked like he was having a night in front of the telly the whole time. Winter King was mincing about for a bit and then readily dispatched after all that walking and staring at folk. Jon Snow did what?

Thank god for no balls Theon who showed unsullied how it's done and aya who stole the show with moves. Pretty disappointed really and as far as underdog ding dongs go got more of a buzz from Rocky II. Love GoT but lot of no balls all round. Plus too dark. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 06, 2019, 01:57:35 AM »

HERE WE GO
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 07, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »

After all the time and build up throughout the years this season is no longer a slow roast of GOT but more like a McDonalds drive through. Honestly what is the rush to get everything done so quickly. After watching this episode I feel like the north is Watford and Kings Landing is the next junction off the M25. Did the mother of Dragons carry everyone to see The Mountain on the back of her remaining child?

Can’t be having Brianne crying either, tough as nails that women and one night with King Slayer and she is a wreck.

Plenty more to say but im trying to have a positive mindset. Love the opening credits and music.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 07, 2019, 11:45:14 AM »

Most pointless dragon charge ever. Fly in a straight line at the scorpion then decide not to burn everyone when it misses.

She really needs to think about some tactics. Just flying directly above them might be an idea.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2019, 03:42:49 PM »

Most pointless dragon charge ever. Fly in a straight line at the scorpion then decide not to burn everyone when it misses.

She really needs to think about some tactics. Just flying directly above them might be an idea.

Or take them from the rear maybe?

Ah! The element of surprise
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 07, 2019, 04:27:20 PM »

Enjoy it all enormously but do feel they are having to rush things to fit it all in, and the story-telling/quality of writing is now secondary to the soapy aspects of it

You'd think that losing two dragons in the space of five episodes is careless, almost as much as not using them as reconnaisance weapons..think that's two fleets Dany and team have failed to spot in under two series

Not quite as risible as using the Dothraki (all speed, element of surprise) for a full frontal attack when lit up in the the previous episode. Position them off the side to swoop down for support mid battle!

As for the cross-bolts, good effort to hit a moving dragon from a couple of miles away, full on twice in a row. Even better then 
catching the boats amidships immediately after, this with technology available from year zero

then even more baffling with Euron on the ramparts next to Cersei and a dozen cross-bolts at their disposal, that when the rump of unsullied and her sworn enemy minus Drogon turns up at the gates that she doesn't wipe them out with the bolts?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 07, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »

Yeah none of it makes any sense whatsoever.

The Dothraki thing in episode 3 was ridiculous but I also wondered why they put the trebuchets outside the bloody castle walls? I think they got off one shot each then got swamped.

I'm not sure that setting up the majority of your best fighters outside the outer defences was solid strategy. Didn't bode too well trying to get them all through that 2m gap when they decided to retreat.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: May 07, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »

I think at this stage they just have half a dozen big moments lined up and they are rushing their in the clumsiest way possible. Which for the most part I'm OK with.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 07, 2019, 08:59:49 PM »

Yeah none of it makes any sense whatsoever.

The Dothraki thing in episode 3 was ridiculous but I also wondered why they put the trebuchets outside the bloody castle walls? I think they got off one shot each then got swamped.

I'm not sure that setting up the majority of your best fighters outside the outer defences was solid strategy. Didn't bode too well trying to get them all through that 2m gap when they decided to retreat.

The Dothraki full frontal assault has been explained by the show runners saying that the Dothraki had served their purpose in the series so they needed to get rid of them.

It's not like it would have been difficult to do so while still making some semblance of sense - a 'Charge of the Light Brigade' style miscommunication leading to their annihilation for example.

I think we can probably expect a lot more story which only reflects the needs of the production and the 'visual effect' for what little is left of the show.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 08, 2019, 10:14:57 AM »

Let’s remember the very first scenes of this show.

The white walkers met some rangers in the forest. Despite being surrounded, somehow, one of them managed to get away and ended up conveniently being found south of the wall so he can tell his story to the right people before having his head lopped off.

The show has played fast and loose with common sense from the very beginning. Of course it has, that is what virtually all drama TV shows do.

I will never understand why people are drawn to whinge:-

-   Why did so and so not do that
-   How did thingy get there so fast
-   Why is that person not more angry at that person when last season they did that thing to them

Yes she could have flown the dragons round the back and torched the ships. Tyrion probably couldn’t have survived a big bit of wooden whacking him on the head. And so on and so on.

The writing is not perfect, it’s a long way from that. This season definitely feels like they needed more time to wrap everything up but this obsession with nit picking every trivial moment is missing the point completely.

This show has had some of the most well rounded character development ever seen on the small screen. If we have to take some shortcuts to keep these characters front and central to advance their narratives then I am totally fine with that.

Can't wait for these last two episodes. Bring on mad Dany v Cersei.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: