blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158722 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: May 20, 2019, 08:53:20 PM »

Did think it was funny that in his climactic scene, in which he kills the love of his life, Kit Harrington still got acted off the screen by a CGI dragon.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 20, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »

I actually liked the last half hour or so - the council choosing a leader, the laughter at references to democracy, Bran the Squint, Greyworm looking double 'ard, the little scene at the end with Tyrion and his homies  (Jerome and Davos are my faves I think) running the court/council whatever was pretty good and an interesting homage to the end of the Godfather (1 or 2, one of them anyway).

All in all - utter pish and one of the all time average series. Had to go back and watch a few early episodes to see why I ever watched it - not convinced it was a good judgement but much better earlier obvs. Think I must have slept through half of them because we see Mountain quite early with a proper face and about half the size he later was and I'd forgotten that. Gonna have to watch a few more old ones to see when he lost his face.

He has won world strongest man during all this, def put on a bit of beef in real life, makes Eddie Hall look like Tyrion and he is 6ft 2”.  Cheesy
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 20, 2019, 10:11:57 PM »

I actually liked the last half hour or so - the council choosing a leader, the laughter at references to democracy, Bran the Squint, Greyworm looking double 'ard, the little scene at the end with Tyrion and his homies  (Jerome and Davos are my faves I think) running the court/council whatever was pretty good and an interesting homage to the end of the Godfather (1 or 2, one of them anyway).

All in all - utter pish and one of the all time average series. Had to go back and watch a few early episodes to see why I ever watched it - not convinced it was a good judgement but much better earlier obvs. Think I must have slept through half of them because we see Mountain quite early with a proper face and about half the size he later was and I'd forgotten that. Gonna have to watch a few more old ones to see when he lost his face.

He has won world strongest man during all this, def put on a bit of beef in real life, makes Eddie Hall look like Tyrion and he is 6ft 2”.  Cheesy

But when did his face go - come on Scott, give me the episode so I don't have to trawl thru too many

sola virtus nobilitat
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 20, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »

Did think it was funny that in his climactic scene, in which he kills the love of his life, Kit Harrington still got acted off the screen by a CGI dragon.

Haha the show definitely loves Jon more than it should. I like him but his character isn't particularly interesting.

Goodbye to Arya (spinoff?), Brienne filling in the book and then reuniting with Ghost!!! Many tears.

A near perfect finale imo. One of my favorite shows of all time of course.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:16 AM »

interesting read

"due to the unusual strictures of their position as unskilled adapters of a complex but unfinished political work, Benioff & Weiss accidentally produced a modern version of medieval propaganda literature"

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-westeros-is-screwed.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 21, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:49 PM »

Thought it a fitting ending to an average season. TBF the ending would have been fitting if it was a great season also.

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 21, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »

Ah! The element of surprise
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 22, 2019, 04:05:59 PM »

But when did his face go - come on Scott, give me the episode so I don't have to trawl thru too many

In GOT or real life? In GOT I think it is either end of season 5 or first few episodes of season 6. In real life he got Bells Palsy.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »

In Got. Did t realise he had palsy

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2019, 10:59:29 PM »

Penultimate episode was like battle scenes from Saving Private Ryan. Thought here we go.

Last episode was piffle. Everybody so very sad, so very depressed. No sense of win for anybody or euphoria for the watching public. Even though Private Ryan whole family died he still gets home and you think yep, nice one.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 28, 2019, 01:11:56 PM »

Love this.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 08, 2019, 11:50:46 AM »

He has done loads of these. Always cleverly done.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: