blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.  (Read 105169 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »

My only criticism of the UKPC was how the leaderboard was structured, making it, in my opinion 90-95% certain that whoever won the main event won the leaderboard.

I'd like there to be more of a sweat so people can still get there if they come 4th in the last turbo or something! It'll get more people staying on for the last few events if multiple people can still bink the package.

Can't disagree Alex, & it caused us all a few furrowed brows last time.

DTD are looking after the Leaderboard Thing, but in the many discussions I've had with Rob & Simon, I know they are keen to make it work better this time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »

I think a way to make the leaderboard sweat more fun would be to have a nightly super turbo.

8.30/9pm start, 9 handed, 15 min clock, £100/150BI? These kind of formats are very popular at EPTs

Obv points would have to be lower to reflect the BI but in a leaderboard challenge people would happily play something like this when a couple of points could be all the difference.

Capacity with all the extra tables needed is the only issue I can see.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:23 PM »

I think a way to make the leaderboard sweat more fun would be to have a nightly super turbo.

8.30/9pm start, 9 handed, 15 min clock, £100/150BI? These kind of formats are very popular at EPTs

Obv points would have to be lower to reflect the BI but in a leaderboard challenge people would happily play something like this when a couple of points could be all the difference.

Capacity with all the extra tables needed is the only issue I can see.

Fair comment, but yes, capacity is much reduced with 6-Max. It's one for DTD to decide, in truth.

They are also trying to make room in the Festival schedule for the "local regulars", with nightly £25 & £50 Tourneys if possible. (Not confirmed yet).

That's the 6-Max stumbling block - it reduces capacity so much, quite apart from increased Dealer costs. Guess that explains why there has not been one previously.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »

Leaderboard cannot work whilst DTD insist can't play 2 tournaments at once- its either gonna mean you are at a massive advantage by winning the main event or a massive disadvantage if they tweak the format to add weight to the side events because you won't be allowed to play them. The way it worked last time meant if you came second in the main you could not possibly win the leaderboard.

Simon did say a few reasons why he didn't want to allow people multi tabling, I and most people I knew disagreed with his reasons but obviously that's their rules and having leaderboards with this rule in place is just a waste of time
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 12:46:57 PM »

gonna be a great week cant beat live 6 max, plenty of room to lounge about in the the chair, great venue etc.. count me in
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »

I'm with Trigg, I can't beat live six max either...

Still, looks an outstanding schedule. Mini main event a great idea and nice to see the PLO guarantee has doubled - word of how soft it was must have spread...

Congrats to all involved, looking forward to it

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »

I'm with Trigg, I can't beat live six max either...

Still, looks an outstanding schedule. Mini main event a great idea and nice to see the PLO guarantee has doubled - word of how soft it was must have spread...
Congrats to all involved, looking forward to it

No need, Tall Bloke, no need. Was the toughest Tourney all week, I heard. Did anyone tell you that I won it?

PS - Have a great Show tonight, & look after Anna.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »

gonna be a great week cant beat live 6 max, plenty of room to lounge about in the the chair, great venue etc.. count me in

+1

My busiest time of the year, but i will somehow make it
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »

Same dates as the old Luton main event and it was always well attended
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »

live 6 max is so much fun really looking forward to this

Christopher Brammer
actionjack

i love puppies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »

Looks superb schedule cant wait for it to start.

great to see DTD making the effort to run a full series of events that we can all support and enjoy rather than the offerings of late which mostly amount to a single main event with the odd half hearted side event.

Hopefully we will see all the young superstars and all the  old has-beens battling it out over a week of great tournaments

"you have to be in it to win it" good players mean the tournament bad ones mean the pot.
actionjack

i love puppies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »

Also the leaderboard situation should be fine now as the festival is longer and most players can play virtually every event, unlike the last one where the main event winner was almost always going to win the leaderboard (though apparently 6 people could have won it going into the last turbo event)

The leaderbaord should be a proper competitive affair this time!

"you have to be in it to win it" good players mean the tournament bad ones mean the pot.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 12:15:30 AM »

The way stars do early main's with evening turbos i think works really well.

Start the main at 12 play for 10 hours ish. Have a nightly turbo starting at 9 where the people playing the main can jump in at 10pm when they are done. Put the nightly turbo in the leaderboard jobbie and just weight the points down. That would be my solution, will hopefully be in for a week depends on where my life is by then and if i am broke! Smiley

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »

Looking forward to this alot.

The high roller is the day after we get back from my stag do- probably going to be some sore heads around the field for that one!

Also like the idea of nightly hypers... keep people interested who have travelled in groups and have a mate still in the daily tournament. Would also help keep the leaderboard race a bit more open to a wider range of players. Doesnt have to be a huge buy in- £100 for 10k chips/10 min clock or whatever, finishing with the bigger one at the end of the week to give people a chance to get out of it ;-)

Also, to solve the space issue, these could be 8 handed, you get 6max sides at a full ring festival, so why not the other way round.

relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »

A shame that it has been decided to clash this against the Goliath. Would have liked to play, but I'll be working those dates.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: