blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.  (Read 105577 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »

Yup, literally. Miss the first hand, & thats it, its all over baby.

I seem to remember from Rob's original diary that being the main reason DTD exists today? Every cloud and that.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

I remember Sheffield had some weird rule where if you missed 3 hands I thjnk- after that they posted big blind for you and doubled it every hand. Was next to the dog track so you had to time it really well to get across get your bet on, dash back to the table before you're all in blind
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2014, 06:38:34 PM »

There have been one or two minor updates to stuff like Late Reg times, clocks etc, but nothing major.

This is the final Update.

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/the-sky-6-max-ukpc/2424

I'm going to take a wild guess that the structure for the PLO doesn't include antes - does it follow the same levels just without them?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »

There have been one or two minor updates to stuff like Late Reg times, clocks etc, but nothing major.

This is the final Update.

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/the-sky-6-max-ukpc/2424

I'm going to take a wild guess that the structure for the PLO doesn't include antes - does it follow the same levels just without them?

No antes, obv, that apart, not sure, but I will check.

Were you aware that The Vic have a mini PLO and PLO8 fessie this Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »

I remember Sheffield had some weird rule where if you missed 3 hands I thjnk- after that they posted big blind for you and doubled it every hand. Was next to the dog track so you had to time it really well to get across get your bet on, dash back to the table before you're all in blind

Sheffield did have that crazy rule and the locals feasted like pirhanas on that dead money and fought hard to make sure the dealer doubled it every hand!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »

Sheffield did have that crazy rule and the locals feasted like pirhanas on that dead money and fought hard to make sure the dealer doubled it every hand!

Nottingham Gala had that rule too, and the game was all pot-limit at that time  which could cause a table with an all-in ante to be playing far bigger than the others if the pot raise included that swollen ante.

This along with the musical-chairs style of breaking tables caused several fist-fights to break out in the card-room, one of which I'm ashamed to say I was involved in.

Kidz today don't realise how well-off they are.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:52:04 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:39 PM »

Nottingham Gala had that rule too, and the game was all pot-limit at that time  which could cause a table with an all-in ante to be playing far bigger than the others if the pot raise included that swollen ante.

This along with the musical-chairs style of breaking tables caused several fist-fights to break out in the card-room, one of which I'm ashamed to say I was involved in.

Kidz today don't realise how well-off they are.  

Oh the table breaks were comedy. You were only allocated a table, not a seat so everyone ran as quick as they could to the seat behind the button. I remember big Dave Smith just used to make his own seat. Even if seat 8 was available he'd try and wedge a chair between 3&4 if that meant he was behind the button. Usually got that one through to be fair!
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2014, 08:27:10 AM »

Were you aware that The Vic have a mini PLO and PLO8 fessie this Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

I am now. Might make it after work for the 456 game tonight. Are you playing any of them?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

I am now. Might make it after work for the 456 game tonight. Are you playing any of them?

I'm dithering.

Would love to play all three, but I'd be a bit miffed if I went up to The Vic & it got 7 runners or whatever, or they cancelled it due to lack of runners, which I fear is possible. Each Event, Fri/Sat/Sun is a £150 single re-entry, so it could end up costing a grand, rather more than I'd prefer to spend in truth.

Will decide later today. Think I'm about 35% likely to play.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
h

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2014, 04:51:55 PM »

Without wanting to annoy adz again i actually am at mythical girlfriend's house all week so i can get the next two weekends for DTD with no proper sky (assume you can't get the poker channel on virgin which she has?) otherwise i would email and watch.  Nicola/Tighty/Simon keep saying it's about to appear but there is no sign of the leaderboard details.
now on DTD web site

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:35:32 PM by TightEnd » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »

Without wanting to annoy adz again i actually am at mythical girlfriend's house all week so i can get the next two weekends for DTD with no proper sky (assume you can't get the poker channel on virgin which she has?) otherwise i would email and watch.  Nicola/Tighty/Simon keep saying it's about to appear but there is no sign of the leaderboard details.
now on DTD web site

Cheers H.  Assume its a winner takes all leaderboard then?  Nothing at all for 2nd?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »

Overall Leaderboard Winner - $15,000 Vegas Package or sterling equivalent in Dusk Till Dawn tournament buy-ins

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:37:09 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »

PLO now a 1k?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »

PLO now a 1k?

Not that I'm aware, it's a £500 + 1 optional £500 Re-Entry.

http://www.uk6maxchampionships.com/

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

PLO now a 1k?

Nope, looks to be a typo on a spreadsheet. We'll change.

Glenn

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: