blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Marks-ups getting out of hand
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marks-ups getting out of hand  (Read 32574 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2014, 02:47:02 AM »

I don't think it's good form to ever not state markup and I don't think you can really argue against that, facebook or not

Agreed. Seemed to be plenty in fb, that thought it was fine argue against though.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 04:18:49 AM »

think people should be able to put up whatever they want tbh

Christopher Brammer
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2014, 09:14:42 AM »

Is the title of this thread not tilting everyone else?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »

Is the title of this thread not tilting everyone else?

Didn't even notice, had to read it 3 or 4 times before I realised what you were talking about.  Should obviously have been "Mark-up's getting out of hand".

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »

think people should be able to put up whatever they want tbh

You think the idiots should pay idiot tax?

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »

If I challenged peoples posts on FB charging markup I'd probably lose a few friends. I have some friends who are pretty bad at poker on FB but are playing things like online 1ks+ and selling at 1.2. Annoys me a bit but I just try to ignore it.
Also think Dan is OOL here calling MC out.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »

Saying instead of playing a 500 comp with 50% of yourself play a 250 comp with 100% is only applicable if there is a 250 comp with the same structure and # of runners available. When DTD deep stacks used to be £300 2day main and £150 1day side comparing the £150 event to exactly half of the £300 is miles wrong, prize money/structure completely different and even if the £150 has (pulling numbers out of thin air here) 20% softer field it's still gonna be more profitable to play the £300.

If the WSOP had an 8 day $5k event with 6500 runners and a gtd top prize of $5m I'd prolly play that over the main event.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »

Oh my, just opened Facebook. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »

Oh my, just opened Facebook. 

Many of us (certainly me) don't have Facebook, so the repeated references to Facebook thread or threads in here don't mean too much.

Am certainly not saying the FB convos need repeating here, I'd rather they were not, in truth, just that much of the debate is meaningless to those of us not on FB.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2014, 11:15:06 AM »

Basically tikay a well known player offered a package and made no mention of the fact that it was marked up at 1.3 (and he was selling 70%).  He also made some odd reference to investors potentially getting a free % in bonus tournaments (which he may or may not play) and there was a budget for some unspecified satellites.

At this point a 400 post inquiry started.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »

Basically tikay a well known player offered a package and made no mention of the fact that it was marked up at 1.3 (and he was selling 70%).  He also made some odd reference to investors potentially getting a free % in bonus tournaments (which he may or may not play) and there was a budget for some unspecified satellites.

Wow, explosive stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »

Dunno why we can't say it's Pete Wigglesworth. Not like it's a small thread hidden away somewhere!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

Who is it?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »

Who is it?

Don't tell him. He's been promising to get fb for over a year now.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:12 AM »

I think the main point of this thread has been about that particular post rather than mark ups in general.  Completely agree that you can sell for what you want but buyers also have the right to ask you to justify your asking price.

In this case though no justification was provided, the mark up was just added to the selling price and there was no mention of any mark up in the OP.  On top of this not all the tournaments were listed (just a budget for unspecified satellites) and there were some mystery bonus tournaments mentioned (which may or may not be played).  It just seems like really bad tekkers in general.  Members of the poker community made some good points about why this shouldn't be done, which were ignored.

Some members of the non poker community decided to use the 'c' word a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: