blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 38851 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2014, 10:30:53 AM »

Excellent work, scooter guy, and best of luck for day 3 Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »

god i would fucking love it if ronnie ruttering won the main event might be the greatest day of my life

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

Awesome work stu.  You and onny heads up please for the biggest Tower enterprise meeting of all time in vegas!  Assume onny hasn't blown 300 bigs on day 2.  Haven't heard from him on his chip stack overnight
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »

$10,000 Main Event, day 2, Wednesday 9th July

Writing in haste, as I want to get sleep right now with these early starts and narrow gaps!

I went back today with 21,850, had a blast again, and the simple news is good, that I bagged up 199,500 for day three.

21,850 had quickly become 39k by the middle of the first level, as I knocked out a 9k short stack with  vs all-in on  , and won a few other small pots. This felt like a massive difference, and I felt confident for the rest of the day.

More coming..

Here is the full report! The delay was that I actually made the decision to leave the house and check into the Rio, so that I am guaranteed a good night's sleep, and am at base.

$10,000 Main Event, day 2, Wednesday 9th July

Writing in haste, as I want to get sleep right now with these early starts and narrow gaps!

I went back today with 21,850, had a blast again, and the simple news is good; that I bagged up 199,500 for day three.

21,850 had quickly become 39k by 30 minutes into the first level, as I knocked out a 9k short stack with  vs all-in on  , and won a few other small pots. This felt like a massive difference, and I felt confident for the rest of the day.

It was a day of five table breaks, but most of them short spells, as I spent eight and a half hours at the main table of the day. It was actually a bad table draw, and an even worse seat draw. The three seats to the left had two internet kids, who played really well, and to my direct left Daniel Alaei, against whom I never quite worked out how to play  all day. So, needless to say I ran well, and quickly won two other all-ins to knock out 18k stacks, TT>55 and AA>KK.

This was the most interesting pot of the day (wish I could write about more pots)

Level 2, 400-800(100)

I am fairly new at the table, and have 118k. Under the gun opens from a 21k stack, to 1,600, I have  two to his left, and 3-bet to 4,200. Alaei is on my left (so, only UTG+3) and thinks for ever. He has me covered. He eventually cold calls. Original raiser folds.

Immediately there must almost be a dead read on his range that it is TT,JJ, QQ or AK. He surely would 4-bet better, and must be this strong to enter a pot heavily contested in early position, where it still very possible that the 22BB stack will shove.

Given it feels almost 100% that his range is TT,JJ,QQ or AK, things get a little interesting when the flop comes:

I bet 6,400 into 12.4k, he re-raises to 14,800. I call.

Is is very rare you can decide to put a dead read on a hand, but at this point it feels without exaggeration 95% plus that he has AK. His cold-call range pre-flop must be very definable given the positions and short stack, and I see almost no possibility that he would re-raise TT or JJ on this flop. Anyway, I decide to proceed in the hand as if he has turned AK face up, which is a very unusual thing for me to do.

Turn is beautiful, it is  . I continue to play the hand simply as if he has AK. If he has TT, I go bust anyway, if he has JJ, he probably goes bust anyway. So, the big question is how I should value bet OOP, from a 99k stack, into a 41.6k pot.

I think a plan to check-raise all-in is clearly wrong. There is a great chance he will check behind, and strong one also that he will be able to find a fold to my shove if he does bet. Another big reason I decide to lead twice is that it feels very likely I can get a really big bet called on the turn. My dead read on his hand is far stronger than anything he will be able to put on mine, as his cold-call of 3bet range is so much more defined than my 3-bet range. And so, if I bet big, the situation is definitely too confusing for him to be able to fold the turn.

So, I decide to bet 34k into 41.6k. He thinks for two minutes and calls. This leave 65k into a 119.6k pot.

The river is  .

I am normally a fan of just making big bets with the nuts, but this feels like a reasonably rare situation where my only chance is to extract a crying call. It is now incredibly difficult for him to think I am bluffing the river, and so I decide not to shove. The ace is good, as he may be convinced enough of his chance to chop if I make a clumsy small bet.

I bet 32k into 119.6k. If I had the hand again, I would bet 26k, I think that amount is almost unpassable. He thought this time for ever, and eventually folded. Just maybe I missed value on the river, but I offered him a spot to call 32k to win circa 60k for his half of the pot if he was chopping, and it seemed right at the time. I am definitely happy with the big turn bet, which left the possibility of betting small on the river to get a good chunk of stacks in.

Given the length off his dwell, I think the certainty level for AK has gone up past 99% (so strange for that to be the case against an otherwise very tricky player, but pre-flop must define it all)

Still waiting on table draw for tomorrow, very excited for day 3.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »

Niceeee, VBOL Stu.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2014, 01:27:37 PM »

Amazing write ups, best of luck
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »

Go gooo mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

Go go Ronnie...love to see you have a really deep run mate. Glgl
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2014, 07:47:06 PM »

GL Stu. FWIW you are missing from this list for chip counts: http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/13665%5CEV65-Day-3-Counts-by-Chips-Combined-Flights.pdf

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2014, 08:38:19 PM »

That's a fantastic hand analysis, really interesting to read. Good luck Stu, hoping you've saved your run good for when it matters most!
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2014, 09:06:36 PM »

As an none investor, thank you for this thread and your thoughts. You qualify for this years TIKAY bestowed one times award, where the water dodger did not take that opportunity last year and if I could offer that spice up... I would really like to see you win the world! Good luck sir!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »

seat draw for day 4

good luck

DID NOT REPORT 4
US
Amazon / 444 / 1
Wladimir Stepanian
NR
Amazon / 444 / 2
Stuart Rutter
BIRMINGHAM, , GB
Amazon / 444 / 3
James Bergen
COLUMBIA, MD, US
Amazon / 444 / 4
Daniel Alaei
LOS ANGELES, , US
Amazon / 444 / 5
Gianfranco Visalli
Ramsgate, , GA
Amazon / 444 / 6
Gregory Ronaldson
JOHANNESBURG, ZA
Amazon / 444 / 7
Gaetano Preite
IT
Amazon / 444 / 8
Matthew Shihadeh
SAN DIEGO, , US
Amazon / 444 / 9

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »

Good luck later Stuart. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »

$10,000 Main Event, day 3, Thursday 10th July

I went back with 199,500 today to day 3, and sat at what looked like an unfortunately tough table. Things got off to almost the worst possible start, and within two and a half hours, I was down to 38k.

This was the frustrating pot:

Level 1, 400-800(100)

An Italian pro raises big to 2,800 from the button, and I have   on the button. I three bet to 7,500 on the button, and he fairly quickly calls.

The flop is a nice   three clubs, and he checks. We are both 160k deep, and so are never realistically reaching the bottom of the stacks. So, I decide to bet big given that decisions with be fairly equivalent for him with his check-deciding range. So, I bet 12,000 into 17,000, and he slowly calls. Beginning at this point, he seemed to really not like the spot, and this feeling increased throughout the hand. Infact, on the river, he was furiously shaking his head.

This of course made me more confident about my hand being good, but also made me wonder whether checking the turn behind would be right. It may well be likely that I would be getting only two streets of value against a man who didn't like his spot. If I were to decide to bet two streets given the read, it would be a close and interesting decision whether the second bet should be on the turn or river.

However, I decided that a man who seemed to not like the spot was far from meaning that he was going to be able to fold, and so decided to bet three streets if the board ran out favorably.

The turn was   three clubs three diamonds, which was near-perfect. He checked; at this point there now seemed to be a slight shaking of the head, and I bet 23,500 into 41k. He thought for about a minute, and called.

The river was   three clubs three diamonds  two hearts, which was now a perfect bricking off of the board. He checked, in the kind of forcible way that suggested he didn't want me to bet. At this point, given the strength of his dislike, I decide that it must be right to now make a very callable-sized river bet. There is 88k in the pot, and I bet 33k. He continues to hate it, which is great news now, thinks for two minutes and calls.

I turn my hand over, actually not feeling completely sure given the bizareness of events, but logically there must still be a great chance that jacks are good.

However, he slows flips over   . I wonder whether my read has been completely wrong, and he actually has been acting in order to trap, but he breaths such a massive and long sigh of relief, that it is confirmed that it was all genuine.

It was so frustrating for the hand to be early enough that I couldn't realise that his valuing of hands was so different to a normal perspective of hand value. Had I had any hint, I would definitely have played the hand differently, and probably pot-controlled the turn, which would make for a considerably smaller pot. I guess these things happen in the circumstances where you are playing at a new table, or on a new day, without any time to develop reads.

Right, bed calls, I wish I could write more. I got up to 38k, and got it in in a standard big blind vs button spot with   vs   , and was happy to see the board run out  two hearts three diamonds . The rest of the day was a heavy grind on a reasonably tough table, and so I am reasonably happy to be going back to day 4 with 100k, even though it is only 40% of average.

Day 4 table draw: I don't particuraly recognise anyone, but back on the table with Daniel Alaei, this time two to my left.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:11:24 AM by easypickings » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: