blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Glastonbury 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury 2014  (Read 7300 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »

Interpol are a great recording band, but I have to agree with Nakor and say that when I saw them live they were pretty yawn-inducing

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »

Nirvana you are of course right it is all subjective. For me that is what Glasto is all about, hanging around with good people hopefully who are gonna drag you outside your usual listening matter.
I bang on about The festival far too much and would encourage anyone to go, do it, register and in October let fate decide, always a warm welcome for anyone beside our camp fire if.no body else in your circle fancies it.

As far as Interpol specifically go, it all seemed a bit by the book, I guess I just expected more if I am standing up to my ankles in shit and wondering when I am next gonna keep my arse dry in the loo I expect more then "hello" and then little interaction, it wasn't dreadful, unlike the 1975.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »

I guess you've captured it there. Definitely like the fact that it gets you listening to people you wouldn't normally get to and so much of it is great, horizon broadening stuff.

Interpol played so much from old Albums which kinda delivers exactly what most 'fans' want as it awakens so many old emotions.. I might have got carried away :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: