blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  5/5 PLO hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5/5 PLO hand  (Read 2006 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »

Hey guys first post here.

The game is 5/5 plo during the sky championships at DTD. Game looks quite soft with the guy from eastenders, Carlo Citrone and some guy who was on my starting table for the tourney who was bad at NL. I have Ludovic Geilich to my direct right, who at the time i recognized from the UKIPT coverage but now know he plays a fair bit of plo. No one knows who I am and I play 90% of my volume online playing HU. Don't play a lot of 6max and hardly any live.
Think this was 5 hands in maybe.
Couple of limpers, btn raises, Ludo calls in the sb and I repot to £100 with  , everyone folds, Ludo calls, both around £1k deep.
 Flop is 
I bet £125, Ludo calls.
Turn is   .
Ludo checks I bet £250, he min raises to £500 leaving around £500 behind.

I feel my flop sizing would lead to a fair amount floats, although I also feel my range looks very AAxx heavy. I'm not sure what to make of his raise, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I'm sure from what I knew of him at the time he is quite aggressive, so would 3bet most AAxx combos and would back 4bet the remainder to my 3bet.
I feel flatting looks super strong and expect him to bluff river never because of this if I did flat. Not sure he if he raises bare 5xxx hands, or if he would raise 99xx to my cbet.
Not sure if flatting, folding to river jam (even with ridic odds), flatting, calling off all rivers, or jamming now is best.
Thoughts welcome.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:26:43 AM »

I think I'd check the flop.

Having bet the flop, and turned a 5 I think I'd check back now.

Having bet the turn and his raised like this, Id be fairly hating it given he's off his fucking head but smart enough to know he can get way more action cos of his image. Time to flip a coin, but I think it's a decent sized mistake betting the turn tbh, speshly vs Ludo, who's way more likely to i) value bet thinner OTR and ii) bluff the river, and will have lots of hands to bluff with as he'll likely have called the flop wider than most too.

I think the feeling behind his raise is either i) to try induce you to jam back with a naked A, or ii) just feeling like you're v polarised to AAA55/bluffing so making a fairly cheap "all-in or fold" bluff given that he's thinking you'd check an ACE back on the turn.

Obviously i) and ii) in the above are completely counter intuitive to each other but its prolly one of the two lol

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 01:48:35 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think betting the turn is a big mistake given the fact that I didn't know he played a lot of plo/is a very competent plo player at the time? He rarely has us beat? A lot of the 5678, 678x hands that have good equity vs us are likely to 3bet pre/raise flop? He maybe capable of bluffing these kinds of turns? We stack/protect vs 5xxx hands that likely have 9 outs vs us?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 05:17:17 PM »

It's one of those spots where if you are beat you're really in a lot of trouble, and given how strong your range is here I don't think you're getting much action from anything that isn't 5xxx and that'll prolly have a decent amount of equity and will never fold it, so pot control would win favour over value-betting/protection.

He might VB a worse 5 or bluff with a 9xxx with gutshot type hand on the river so there's value in that, if I bet the turn and he called and would defo defo check the river back.

I think tbh here calling the turn raise and folding for the last 500 OTR is prolly pretty good, I'm just nervous doing stuff like that vs ludo so might just call the river off lol.

Your range when you call the turn is just AAA55 dominated so he should never really bluff (I'd be pretty tempted to jam the river when checked to as well as I think he should fold EVERYTHING) but its ludo, so he prolly would bluff, and would call lol

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »

I'd probably just see 3 and feel like I'm printing money. Is this a mistake? I'd 3bet KKT9ds though. Nine max plo feels very different to me. Was Ludo drinking? Agree with Dave but not really sure we can fold K5, admittedly a kinda bad K5 here.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

Betting 3 for value here is not an option, IMO.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »

Betting 3 for value here is not an option, IMO.

meant peeling preflop if your responding to me

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 12:09:05 AM »

I'd probably just see 3 and feel like I'm printing money. Is this a mistake? I'd 3bet KKT9ds though. Nine max plo feels very different to me. Was Ludo drinking? Agree with Dave but not really sure we can fold K5, admittedly a kinda bad K5 here.

Agree

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 11:18:16 AM »

Oh I see yes, sorry Adam.

Yeh I agree in a full ring game I think calling pre-flop slightly better, having getting it in pre-flop would be a fairly sigh and folding when we could have seen a flop 3ways with decent double suited KK is even more sigh.

That being said given the protagonists in the hand, and the depth of the stacks I can't really oppose a squeeze pre-flop at all, and the hand will play well in a inflated pot, even 3ways.

AKKT with 1 suit a far more attractive squeeze for me I think.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: