blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:58:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  moorman1 Wins 24th PocketFives Triple Crown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: moorman1 Wins 24th PocketFives Triple Crown  (Read 35076 times)
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »

You should ask him if it's too late to get the cover redesigned.

The cover is being redesigned as we speak..

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »

all about who gets the first blow in horse v dog. one kick from a horse will KO the dogs fo sho, but if the rottie sinks his teeth in the horse will panic and bolt. although he may accidentally trample one of the rotties to death in attempting to escape, the ultimate victory has to lie with the rottie. i think 1 v1 wouuld be close but rotties gotta edge it 2 v 1. yorkies would lose to a cat every single time IMO

for chris moorman. do u ever get bored of playing poker and wish you did something else for a living?
what would you be doing now if you had bust yr bankroll long ago and decided not to redeposit - i dont mean dream job, just realistic?

Like everyone I get bored and frustrated with poker at times but thankfully those times are very rare. I can't think of anything I'd rather do for a living than poker.

I have no idea what I'd be doing now but I would probably have ended up in some kind of city job because Economics and Business Studies were pretty much the only school subjects that I was interested in.

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 08:34:46 AM »

How often do you play well online? Do you just feel like you always make the odd mistake or do you have stretches of a few days/weeks where you play really well or poor?

I make a ton of high variance plays and obviously not all of them are going to work out. Even if I have a successful day there is no chance that I didn't make a mistake. I try to look at it in the way that I force my opponents into making more mistakes against me than I make against them. Like anyone I have times when I am playing much worse than normal. I often find that they correlate with when I would rather be doing something else other than playing poker. In the past week I feel like I have been playing my very best poker and have been fortunate enough to run well at the same time. Next week I wouldn't be too surprised if I am nowhere near as confident in my game and as a result playing at a much lower standard. When you have confidence in poker good things normally happen.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »

Out of interest - humour an idiot - did you used to play pool?

http://upc-pool.org.uk/cueaction/honours-board/

(Scroll down to the bottom)

If so, we might both have played in the 2004-5 Universities Championship, although I didn't make the Dream Team Roll Eyes

Do you (still) play?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »

Who are the best/worst players you've staked?

I'm too nice to write about the worst players I have ever staked but the best playesr I have ever staked include Taylor Paur, Middy, Mohsin,Ty Reiman, MikeTelker, Jason Koon and Dempsey. Taylor would probably be my number 1 pick though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »

Who are the best/worst players you've staked?

I'm too nice to write about the worst players I have ever staked but the best playesr I have ever staked include Taylor Paur, Middy, Mohsin,Ty Reiman, MikeTelker, Jason Koon and Dempsey. Taylor would probably be my number 1 pick though.

I sat next to Taylor Paur for almost a full day in a WSOP jobbie this year - what a fine young man he is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 08:56:24 AM »

Do you still stake?  What aspects of staking do you think you have got right and wrong in the past?

I'm completely out of the staking business now. As Lil Dave said I really could write an entire book on this topic lol. In a short answer I would say that I got the best out of the majority of players because I created a relaxed environment where they wanted to win for both of us. I see a lot of stables try and bleed their horses dry for everything they can get and I feel like this creates resentment from the horse towards the backer and has a negative effect on their game. My biggest problem was that I was bad at saying no. At the beginning of my backing career Ty Reiman got 2nd in the PCA for 1.8 million and after makeup had been paid off I received close to $1 million. At the time I had profited about the same amount in 4 years of playing 6 days a week!  To win that much money in one day by effectively doing nothing fish hooked me into backing. After Ty's score I was inundated with offers by players wishing to get backed and for a while it was easier to get into my stable than it was to create a poker account. I had way too many players (around 30 at peak) and my resources were way too stretched for 30 players in high stakes tourneys. I chased makeup numbers too much rather than just getting rid of a bad horse and cutting my losses and I put too many people into the toughest tourneys. To be a good backer you need to be ruthless as well as reasonable, I was more than reasonable but just don't have that ruthless streak in me and ultimately I believe that is one of the main reasons why it didn't work out.

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 08:59:20 AM »

People probably underestimate how exhausting Sundays are,
Let him sleep lol

How do you manage to keep a decent body clock if multiple nights of the week you're up until 3-4am?

The simple answer to this is that I do the vast majority of my grinding these days in Vancouver and Playa Del Carmen. In these places the schedule is much more like a 9-5 job and imo the grind is a much more enjoyable experience. When I was playing in the UK back in the day I had a terrible body clock and poker came first before anything else.

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »

If so, we might both have played in the 2004-5 Universities Championship, although I didn't make the Dream Team Roll Eyes

Do you (still) play?

Sick! Which university did you play for? I don't play nearly as often as I would like and whenever I have I am a shadow of the player I was. However, I'm looking into getting lasik eye surgery before the end of the year (laptop grinding messed my eyes up) and it will be easy to motivate myself to play more when I can actually see the balls properly!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »

Do you come over to the UK much these days?

If so, there is a Guest Spot awaiting you on Ch 861, Sky Poker. Might not sound the most exciting way to spend an evening, but we could spend plenty of time puffing the book, be a great way of promoting it. Truly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 09:08:59 AM »

Do you (still) play?

Sick! Which university did you play for? I don't play nearly as often as I would like and whenever I have I am a shadow of the player I was. However, I'm looking into getting lasik eye surgery before the end of the year (laptop grinding messed my eyes up) and it will be easy to motivate myself to play more when I can actually see the balls properly!

Ha! Yes, we were all a lot better then Cheesy

I was in the Cambridge second team that year. Great fun those comps.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:55 AM »

If so, there is a Guest Spot awaiting you on Ch 861, Sky Poker. Might not sound the most exciting way to spend an evening, but we could spend plenty of time puffing the book, be a great way of promoting it. Truly.

I'm back for the whole of October actually and would definitely be up for doing that at some point then.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »

I'm back for the whole of October actually and would definitely be up for doing that at some point then.

Pardon the dreadful pun, but BOOKED.

Send me a PM with available dates please, & I'll sort it.

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »

Do you (still) play?

Looking through the names there now Mark McCulloch, Ricky Taylor, Carl Caney and Paul Edwards what a blast from the past and some amazing talents

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »

Do you (still) play?

Looking through the names there now Mark McCulloch, Ricky Taylor, Carl Caney and Paul Edwards what a blast from the past and some amazing talents

Absolutely.

Rob Cork was the star man at our place. Not sure what happened to him other than I'm fairly sure he got a PhD in something I don't understand (in before someone says poker).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: