blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Devon and Cornwall Recommendations
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devon and Cornwall Recommendations  (Read 4007 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

Cheers guys some good suggestions, let's hope the weather co-operates 
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »

North Devon.. Croyde Bay / Saunton Sands / Woolacoombe area as already suggested.

South Devon.. Salcombe area.

Cornwall.. Padstow, Rock and if you go on down then St Ives is great.

Falmouth has some nice restaurants but then again Cornwall is full of great fish restaurants.

All well worth a visit, what about hiring a Camper Van and do the whole area http://www.comfycampers.co.uk

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

How about walking the coastal path of Cornwall?. Or at least part of it

If you want a really good quality meal head for Oliver's in the high street of Falmouth. You will probably need to book in advance but trust me well worth it. I worked with Kenny the proprietor/chef many years ago and he is exceptional. Another good restaurant with lovely views is The Cove at Maenporth beach just on the outskirts of Falmouth.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »

Sounds interesting mate, am interested in doing a few walks so will look into it.

Think Tighty suggested the north may be less mobbed, is this really the case?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »

The North Cornwall coast is more rugged and scenic,  great for hiking and exploring if you like that kind of thing,  you're also more likely to find farms that have a field with a toilet and shower block they'll let you pitch up in at short notice.  Bude is a great place with a natural sea pool and massive beaches with rock pools and sea caves and the like.
If you get further down on the opposite coast, St Michaels mount is a must see, definitely one of my favourite places.

One of the best things about  Cornwall is just constantly stumbling across stunning little villages and harbours,  you can be driving down a little one track lane that narrows to the poi t of you panicking and wondering how your gonna be able to reverse out when suddenly it will open out on to some breathtaking scene.
You'll definitely go back once you've been.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 11:45:13 PM »

north devon coast was my childhood stomping ground for a few years croyde/woolacombe/saunton/lynton/lynmouth all worth a visit
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 07:50:11 AM »

How about walking the coastal path of Cornwall?. Or at least part of it

If you want a really good quality meal head for Oliver's in the high street of Falmouth. You will probably need to book in advance but trust me well worth it. I worked with Kenny the proprietor/chef many years ago and he is exceptional. Another good restaurant with lovely views is The Cove at Maenporth beach just on the outskirts of Falmouth.

Oliver's is great but as Taxi said you will probably have to book, we also like the Caribbean restaurant, Cribbs which is also worth a look in you make it to Falmouth.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »

Padstows a nice day out a bit too commercial tho ,lots going on round the harbour especially if you're a people watcher !!
There's lots to do down there for younger kids I've taken my daughter and one of her friends for the last ten years to Newquay
Staying on a caravan site near porth beach
But we seem to get thro ££ so it's Florida this year
Don't try driving there / leaving there on a Saturday during daylight it's hell ,we travel down between 2/3 am arriving by 7/8 am
Newquay during the day is fine ,at night it's full of them youngsters on the drink ,with their loud music etc
Probably gonna miss going this year as it's so relaxing down there
curnow

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »

if you are around the 21st august , great views of the Red Arrows at Fowey @ 6pm http://www.foweyroyalregatta.co.uk/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/theweekinpictures/6067229/The-week-in-pictures-21-August-2009.html

Meva , Eden , Helegan , Looe & Polperro all close & Cornwall north coast not that far away ie Newquay etc
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »

Thanks for all your help guys, weathers looking pretty poor down here too now, need to have a think about things 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:44 PM »

I think I owe you guys a few pics for helping me on this and the Scotland thread, ended up in North Wales for the moment simply because the weather here is ok currently, not looking good after today though...

Barmouth

Click to see full-size image.

Snowdonia

Not the worst view from our tent to be fair

The neighbours, now if I was Welsh......lol

It's obviously pitch dark here now and I've had a few ales, they have a farm dog here that has scared the shit out of me twice by coming around looking for food and touching my leg in front of me and I didn't hear or see it, got me thinking of American werewolf in London lol.

Went to Knowsley Safari park the other day on the way down here, and had a streaker on my car  Shocked

That'll teach him  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: