blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package  (Read 40764 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2014, 12:55:31 AM »

Please don't think I'm trolling. Also I have no idea who villain is so I'm not defending him.

If u expect AQ to fold what are u looking to get called by?

In reply to this i would expect to get that shove through virtually every time and be quite happy to pick up over 35% of my stack without show down.  Obviously AA/kk and probably qq/ak will call.

To flip the question back to you how wide do i have to be shoving there for AQ off to be a profitable call just pot odds wise without even factoring in the damage to your stack from the ICM implications.  I just can't imagine how you can ever think aq is good in that spot for a call 4 from the money when you are above average chips and for such a big % of ur stack.  There was no thought process in the slightest he literally snap called as well once Skalie folded like he was setting a trap (i instantly said 'i must have run into AA as usual' then as Cove folded he just rolled over aq like it was the nuts)  I would happily bet 1/9 (effectively 90% of the time) that aq is always crushed in that spot ie (1010-AA and ak).  I class 1010 and jj as crushing aq off because you are a 57.5% fav.  I have never understood why people call it a flip.

Isn't this where levelling comes into play? If all players in this hand should fold a hand as strong as AQ isn't this a great spot for u to shove and add 35% to your stack as a bluff?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »

One thing i have realised is that i don't like carrying the pressure of other people's money, especially those that i don't know that well.  I feel bad when i lose and that's probably why i am ranting so much so i am sorry if i am coming across badly.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »

Please don't think I'm trolling. Also I have no idea who villain is so I'm not defending him.

If u expect AQ to fold what are u looking to get called by?

In reply to this i would expect to get that shove through virtually every time and be quite happy to pick up over 35% of my stack without show down.  Obviously AA/kk and probably qq/ak will call.

To flip the question back to you how wide do i have to be shoving there for AQ off to be a profitable call just pot odds wise without even factoring in the damage to your stack from the ICM implications.  I just can't imagine how you can ever think aq is good in that spot for a call 4 from the money when you are above average chips and for such a big % of ur stack.  There was no thought process in the slightest he literally snap called as well once Skalie folded like he was setting a trap (i instantly said 'i must have run into AA as usual' then as Cove folded he just rolled over aq like it was the nuts)  I would happily bet 1/9 (effectively 90% of the time) that aq is always crushed in that spot ie (1010-AA and ak).  I class 1010 and jj as crushing aq off because you are a 57.5% fav.  I have never understood why people call it a flip.

Isn't this where levelling comes into play? If all players in this hand should fold a hand as strong as AQ isn't this a great spot for u to shove and add 35% to your stack as a bluff?

Maybe.  That's where i am too logical maybe.  Who knows. AQ isn't a strong hand though when you are getting your money in last.  It beats ace rag and kq.  Literally the only hands you want to see if you are trapping with aq.  Otherwise you are getting your money in behind last with only one way to win.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:01:13 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2014, 12:59:34 AM »

The bottom line is if i could get the top four beat at home in the EPL as often as i get 3 outered deep in big ( for me) mtts (the % chance is the same roughly speaking) i would be a millionaire laying them on betfair and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2014, 01:03:49 AM »

did anybody call the police yet?

call looks solid. expect anybody who played turbos for a living to have a r/c range here and it would consist of qq/ak+ so aq shouldnt be dominated.

ul tho, def a really sick beat.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2014, 01:11:57 AM »

did anybody call the police yet?

call looks solid. expect anybody who played turbos for a living to have a r/c range here and it would consist of qq/ak+ so aq shouldnt be dominated.

ul tho, def a really sick beat.

i bow down to the best in the business (i am being serious here Pads btw before i get called out for taking the piss! i really respect your achievements in the game through hard work).  He didn't raise fwiw.  He flatted the utg raise on the button then called off when i shoved.  I still can't have it AQ is a flat/call off in that spot with those ICM implications for those stack sizes but you are the best in the game officially.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:21:53 AM by arbboy » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2014, 01:23:56 AM »

yeh i mean if i was him i would definitely contemplate flicking it in. you look youngish so would expect you to just riffle chips, stare at people and then squeeze to some amount with a bunch of low denomination chips with qq, ak+

i would expect to be flipping a bunch, dominating rarely, and dominated close to never.

it always depends on dynamics though, but just in general, from how i imagine id view you at the tables id probably assume ^ and potentially go with it. (if i didnt 3bet initially)

vs your perceived range he is getting a really great overlay/price though.

i know it really sucks, ive had some stinkers too, just be the bigger guy and get on with it knowing that he made a bad play vs your actual range.

also dont beat yourself up about not making money this week. you have had some really great runs and put yourself into good positions to make good money, that means youve played really well and you cant be pissed about how the poker gods decide who wins today, in reality you probably made a good 1-2000£ in slansky bucks and many more in galfond bucks.

btw where did it come? flop, turn or river? and were there any verbals? Smiley

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2014, 01:28:28 AM »

appreciate you taking your time out on a Sunday to reply.  It was the river.  No verbals i don't think.   I was still in shock when he casually turned aq like it was AA by the time the ace fell on the river.  You probably don't have this problem of backing 2/5 shots at 5/4 and expecting to get drilled most of the time.  I struggle to find these spots in anything other than poker as you don't tend to get too many punters on bf looking to back true 5/2 shots at evens to compare it to. 

willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »

I made a call with a7s in a similar spot earlier in the hyper and the shipper showed 67o (29bb effective). the young kid obviously put u on a much wider range when shipping there to take advantage of fold equity and dead money, and v a lot of younger aggro players that's a correct snap call w aq. obv v you - from what I've seen this week - it was a fold, certainly for 35bb eff in that tourney when the field was so soft. so yeah I agree w arbs bad call from him vs you specifically I think. how long had he played w you though? it's hard to criticise him if u just met/no hands gone to showdown etc, as I think if make the same call
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »

Harsh to mug the guy off like this in public. It's gambling.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2014, 02:59:23 PM »

Not sure I like jamming 35 bigs to be honest. Gotta be losing value here?

Anyways, enjoyed the thread mark. Well done.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »

Saying that he was backed influenced his decision in this hand is a big assumption and from what I know, an incorrect one. Richard is a poker enthusiast who cares more about poker success in the non-monetary way; cue the eye rolls and non-believers, although rare it's true.

I'm not sure if this call is a good one or bad one because it's dependant on info we don't have and 35bb is actually loads especially in a turbo. In fact it's humongous which means he should probably just fold. There's a chance he would of folded if he had raised and been 3b shoved on but having limped, I don't think he was limping to fold. Ultimately I don't think any non in game theoretical decision had anything to do with this.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »

Right calmed down a bit now from last night after a relaxing morning in the steam room and a swim at the gym.  Thanks for all the regs commenting on my rants.  I appreciate the input but i am a terrible loser generally and after a monster 9 day session at dtd over all the sky donkfests and sats looking down at those kings in the bb i had my eyes on the £14k first prize.  It's over now and we move on.

Everyone has a £6 refund per 1%.  TBH i don't really want the hassle of refunding £12's to every one (i will if anyone really wants obviously) so happy to roll it all forward for a bullet at the GPS at dtd in September although this would mean the mark up would be a bit higher than before.  Can everyone let me know what they think.

Once again thanks for your support and i await instructions from the investors.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »

Don't worry about my £30. Charity is fine, there's more value in it Wink
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »

I know coming from me this must sound a little hypocritical, but you gotta calm down a little pal! It took me basically losing my entire bankroll to accept I had temperament issues that weren't only wrecking my game in the short term but also destroying my long term ability to study and improve. I can see a lot of the old me in the comments you made here. In fact, I made similar comments a while ago in my diary and got absolutely crucified for it (and rightly so). Perhaps a bit of time off, and a bit of reflection, would help you out a little? Most of what you've said here screams of accumulated tilt, so perhaps having a read of the mental game of poker might help? Worth a read for absolutely anyone regardless of temperament imo.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: