blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Win a pair of tickets to the RUGBY LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP FINAL for £5/£10 or £20
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Win a pair of tickets to the RUGBY LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP FINAL for £5/£10 or £20  (Read 6050 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

Sorry chaps, missed this, been a bit busy the last fortnight.

Room for £20 more?
Lol Pops
The draw has been made but you are welcome to contribute to the fund. I'm sure you have my details somewhere Wink

Obv no worries either way

Ha! I would not go & watch a RL match if you paid me £1,000, so I had no interest in winning the seat things, just wanted to chip in.
Thank you for chipping in then, with that £20 we have raised £270 so £135 each for Taxi and Nun.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 10:09:08 PM »

Words fail me. I am not a frequent poster on here latley, not because of any other reason than juggling life,  but yet still Reece is thought of by all you very kind members. Thanks all, he will enjoy a good few days out with the money. Starting with his first trip to London. He wants to visit the National History Museum and have a day seeing the sites. No doubt visit a toy shop or nine. He also wants to visit the dungeons at York but maybe the ones in London might be even better?.

Thanks again,

Kind Regards and good health to you all.

Maureen. X

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »

The Natural History Museum is the best. One of my favourite places I've ever been.

Have fun!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 03:30:01 AM »

I'm very much like Mo on this one in that words fail me at the generosity of Rich for doing this and to the members for so generously supporting him (been here at blonde long enough now so I shouldn't be surprised at the support).

To give you some idea £135.00 equates to approx 9,855.00 Philippine Pesos which is equal to 197 cups of rice, not that we need to buy any rice as this is donated by local business's.

I haven't decided yet as how this money will be spent but I feel I would like to hold it until Christmas and make that time all the little bit more special for the kids. It will go along away to providing each of them a little gift when they come in on Christmas Day.

I still feel slightly embarrassed by all of this but from the bottom of my heart I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »

The Natural History Museum is the best. One of my favourite places I've ever been.

Have fun!

Always a queue to get in on holidays and weekends. We try and arrive there before opening and once inside , do the dinasours first before another queue starts!

Enjoy !
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 11:05:59 AM »

I'm very much like Mo on this one in that words fail me at the generosity of Rich for doing this and to the members for so generously supporting him (been here at blonde long enough now so I shouldn't be surprised at the support).

To give you some idea £135.00 equates to approx 9,855.00 Philippine Pesos which is equal to 197 cups of rice, not that we need to buy any rice as this is donated by local business's.

I haven't decided yet as how this money will be spent but I feel I would like to hold it until Christmas and make that time all the little bit more special for the kids. It will go along away to providing each of them a little gift when they come in on Christmas Day.

I still feel slightly embarrassed by all of this but from the bottom of my heart I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all.
Words fail me. I am not a frequent poster on here latley, not because of any other reason than juggling life,  but yet still Reece is thought of by all you very kind members. Thanks all, he will enjoy a good few days out with the money. Starting with his first trip to London. He wants to visit the National History Museum and have a day seeing the sites. No doubt visit a toy shop or nine. He also wants to visit the dungeons at York but maybe the ones in London might be even better?.

Thanks again,

Maureen. X
You are both welcome!!

Once I have the details I will send over £150 per person as Ben Mayspew has kindly donated the £30 from his % in Arbboys staking thread to this thread and Arbboy will sort me out when I see him in September.

Thanks to Nick (Ripple11) also who could not attend the final and gave his tickets to Arbboy as he was moaning that he never won anything  Tongue

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »

Thanks again,

Maureen. X
You are both welcome!!

Once I have the details I will send over £150 per person as Ben Mayspew has kindly donated the £30 from his % in Arbboys staking thread to this thread and Arbboy will sort me out when I see him in September.

Thanks to Nick (Ripple11) also who could not attend the final and gave his tickets to Arbboy as he was moaning that he never won anything  Tongue

Quiet essexsfinest!  Tickets received in the post this morning.  Much appreciated.  I assume we just turn up at the gate with the two pieces of paper attached and scan the tickets printed on the a4 sheets of paper as there are no actual 'old school' tickets there?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »

You've acquired two tickets from a dodgy Essex estate agent and you actually expect them to allow you access to the stadium?

Thought you said you were shrewd? 😀😀

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »

You've acquired two tickets from a dodgy Essex estate agent and you actually expect them to allow you access to the stadium?

haha it does actually look like he has just sent me two a4 pieces of paper which look like booking receipts.  Would be a comical wind up for me to blow my bankroll getting to London on the train and turn up and get laughed at by the guy on the gate when i try to access the ground!!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »

haha it does actually look like he has just sent me two a4 pieces of paper which look like booking receipts.  Would be a comical wind up for me to blow my bankroll getting to London on the train and turn up and get laughed at by the guy on the gate when i try to access the ground!!
photo diary please

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »

will do a trip report.  having to go with (mythical) girlfriend as my intended (rugby league loving) guest is away on a stag weekend.  Anyone got any bet suggestions?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 07:04:23 PM »

Wembley is a great stadium/day out.  Food (best tasting pie i have ever had at a sports match of any type (http://www.toms-pies.co.uk - def recommend if you attend Wembley) top class but i wouldn't be in a rush to go and watch another rugby league game if that was the biggest game of the year there wasn't much atmosphere at all.  Also can't believe there were 78000 fans in the arena the place looked half empty.  I would have guessed at 60000 max.  The vast majority of corporate boxes near our seats were closed and there was literally no one sitting in any of the seats anywhere near to us.

Will try and upload some pics from the trip later if i can work out how to do it.  Cheers for running the raffle Eso.  Enjoyable day out and my first experience of the new Wembley.

Had my first ever correct score bet on a rugby match, which was available on the in stadium coupon (they offer 80/1 any scoreline which sounds muggy on the vast majority of scorelines), on 28-20 leeds which was the predicted most likely outcome based on the spread firms hcap and points total.  Had a bit of a sweat early in the 2nd half of having a chance of landing it when Cas scored early in the 2nd half.  Pretty sure 80/1 must be a touch of value on the most likely score.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:19:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 11:41:01 PM »

The £300 was sent today to Graham and Mo to accounts specified so thanks again to everyone who donated!

Enjoy guys!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: