blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272602 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to being a pro
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to being a pro  (Read 140422 times)
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2014, 03:17:16 AM »

thumbs up Good luck!!!
cheers boss

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/punta-cana-cash-kings?dcmp=p_pr_puntacashking
Told you I'd been grinding. Only just signed up for it kind of gutted I didn't realise earlier and just mass table 5nl or something. Gonna go for a top 3 finish though would be stupid not to. Obviously dontelmum is a pure bo(t?)ss so doubt I'll catch him but 2nd to 6th is hella tight so just gonna be grinding a lot this month. Reckon it's gonna take 55k at least.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »

He's Defo not a bot , just the nanonoko of sky
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »

He's Defo not a bot , just the nanonoko of sky
Yeah can't fault his work ethic, seems like he wins as well. Don't think he's ever bluffed the river in his life but probably doesn't need to.

-6 BI day. Gutted. Looking back through at biggest pots I'm just playing way too loose on the river. Would post some HHs but Sky ones just look shite and I'm not gonna write them all out. My favourite was flopping a set 88s in a 3bet pot and gii ott with a full boat v ak on k866 river K.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2014, 01:57:00 AM »

nh beating my 7 high lol

All the best mate, take a break when the promos finished and chill.
Horus
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »

philosophy&poker  good combination

hahah really
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »

I'll be so glad when this fucking rake race is done.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »

Just chill out with the rake race imo. This is table as it stands now...

http://gyazo.com/e2e6ca159dd5639af5757f63db9ccfd4

Only 4 days left of the rake race. If you just play a regular decent amount of volume then it's unlikely you'll drop any lower then 7th imo (if at all) and if you carry on going nuts, you're probably still not gonna beat the people above you.

So really no point going mad to for the sake of what, like 2 BIs? When you could easily lose that if you're playing more tables than you're comfortable with, or more hours so playing tired, or playing on when tilted when you'd normally stop but feel like you need to carry on for the volume. Quality over quantity imo unless the rake race is offering a sick reward (and it aint).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2014, 11:22:25 PM »

Only 4 days left of the rake race. If you just play a regular decent amount of volume then it's unlikely you'll drop any lower then 7th imo (if at all) and if you carry on going nuts, you're probably still not gonna beat the people above you.

So really no point going mad to for the sake of what, like 2 BIs? When you could easily lose that if you're playing more tables than you're comfortable with, or more hours so playing tired, or playing on when tilted when you'd normally stop but feel like you need to carry on for the volume. Quality over quantity imo unless the rake race is offering a sick reward (and it aint).

Def agree with this as someone who has been involved in more rakeraces than i care to remember years ago.  Not good for your health/brain or your wallet unless you get offered an incredible deal and can actually win them.  I played 18 hours a day for 30 days straight once to get 150% rakeback the next month in 2010 and then played another month of 18 hours a day straight to make it pay.  It was worth it financially but still very hard to do.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2014, 02:16:54 AM »

Did u have spots and struggle to chat up birds arrboy? Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2014, 03:18:25 AM »

Def agree with this as someone who has been involved in more rakeraces than i care to remember years ago.  Not good for your health/brain or your wallet unless you get offered an incredible deal and can actually win them.  I played 18 hours a day for 30 days straight once to get 150% rakeback the next month in 2010 and then played another month of 18 hours a day straight to make it pay.  It was worth it financially but still very hard to do.

Fuck, that's a lot of time. Must have been grim.

Can definitely beat the people above me, that table is from 2 days ago I think. Put in a load of volume since then and def played on more tables than those above me. Still aiming for top 3. I agree with you that it's quality over quantity but since I've already dropped 10 BIs may as well just go for it now. Managed to cooler a few people for a change earlier, felt great. Lead to the first 100 pound stack on Sky.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »

Fuck, that's a lot of time. Must have been grim.

Can definitely beat the people above me, that table is from 2 days ago I think. Put in a load of volume since then and def played on more tables than those above me. Still aiming for top 3. I agree with you that it's quality over quantity but since I've already dropped 10 BIs may as well just go for it now. Managed to cooler a few people for a change earlier, felt great. Lead to the first 100 pound stack on Sky.

Optimal leaderboard strategy imo is to try to crush the first prize from the get go and avoid having to work hard towards the end of the period as the chasing pack give up and you have to do a lot less work to win the fixed first prize.  The guy(s) in front of you will be very hard to beat if you are not leading from half way imo unless they don't know anything about the leaderboard/rake race and are just on it by chance from big volume (this is usually unlikely) therefore you can put all the volume in you want and if they match you you just stand still and the site makes a fortune in rake for no extra investment.  Plus your roi will go down on the games you play as well as you start chasing volume over your usual style of play.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/punta-cana-cash-kings?dcmp=p_pr_puntacashking

Leggo
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2014, 02:34:52 AM »

Felt like the guy in third wasn't going to go offline. So pump faked him, watched MOTD and now I'm back grinding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0QcxWPB59o
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2014, 02:12:37 AM »

Think it should be said because i was one of the people who questioned your aims in the beginning - you've seem to be doing really well so far and waaaaaay better than i imagine most people thought you would! Cheesy Keep up the hard work and best of luck.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2014, 01:37:15 PM »

Think it should be said because i was one of the people who questioned your aims in the beginning - you've seem to be doing really well so far and waaaaaay better than i imagine most people thought you would! Cheesy Keep up the hard work and best of luck.

Cheers man.

Final table https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/punta-cana-cash-kings?dcmp=p_pr_puntacashking

Even though I got third I'm fairly pissed I didn't get second. Either ihadtrips had loads of hands backlogged or I just didn't notice him at the tables at all yesterday or I hadn't been reading the table properly. Kind of gutting as was sure I'd got it. I'd like to see the numbers for each day. Fair play if he did like 10k in one day. Mainly just pissed off with myself for not getting it done when I should have. Still managed to start having a decent win rate towards the end and should have enough by the end of the month to move up. Gonna take a couple of days off and go outside though.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: