blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to being a pro
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to being a pro  (Read 140469 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2014, 03:37:41 AM »

Probs on 30% rakeback for everything!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:39:36 AM by shipitgood » Logged
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »

If anyone knows if you can ask Sky so that you can know how many hands you've played or something that would be much appreciated as then I could set myself a volume goal for the end of the month. Think a lot of the lack of motivation is that I haven't done much bar poker at the moment, probably just need to go out, get pissed and get rejected by a few girls and I'll be raring to go again.

This is possible to record using the Hand History.

If you click the "More search options" button, you'll get time filters. By recording the start and end time of your session, you can search between that time and see how many Hand Histories come up.

Unfortunately, it'll only show 500 Hand Histories at a time, so you'll probably need to break your session into smaller chunks of less than 500 hands each, then add up the "X hands found" underneath the HH to get the total number of hands played for the entire session - As long as you're not Donttelmum playing more than 500 hands in 5 minutes, you'll get the right number of hands. I manage to keep pretty detailed records of my cash results in Excel without too much trouble, despite no PT4.

It's a ballache to calculate things like bb/100, profit/loss for individual stakes if you're playing across more than 1 level, but if all your tables are 30nl (or whatever level you end up playing), all you need is your BR at the start and end of the session, and hands played.

Was a nice challenge playing against you tonight btw, first impression is that you're easily one of the better regs I've played at these levels. GL
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »

Seems like a lot of fun players complain about etiquette by regs at the tables when I mostly find it's the other way round that is the problem. Play a guy heads up on two tables, up a Bi, blast off in 3bet pot when he has top pair so I'm only up a bit. Open AJ flop comes J54 I bet he calls, turn 5, I bet, he raise I call, river 6, he bets, I should fold but call. He has the straight he's now up a BI and a bit and insta sits out both tables? Just so poor. Had words in a chat as he was sat out saying I'm not going to play him again etc and he just leaves. Just pisses me off. Much prefer to play heads up for a living but the etiquette just seems so fucking unreasonable. It's not like this live so why do people feel it's ok online? Not even sure he was a fun player to be honest, doesn't really matter either way, still a knobhead.

gonna have to get used to this pal, if online poker gonna be your thing Sad it's infuriating but once you've played for 2 years online you'll barely even notice it. I still give people who do it action as well cos it's just so hard to get action.

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »

Yeah this.

If anyone knows if you can ask Sky so that you can know how many hands you've played or something that would be much appreciated as then I could set myself a volume goal for the end of the month. Think a lot of the lack of motivation is that I haven't done much bar poker at the moment, probably just need to go out, get pissed and get rejected by a few girls and I'll be raring to go again.

If you click the "More search options" button, you'll get time filters. By recording the start and end time of your session, you can search between that time and see how many Hand Histories come up.

Unfortunately, it'll only show 500 Hand Histories at a time, so you'll probably need to break your session into smaller chunks of less than 500 hands each, then add up the "X hands found" underneath the HH to get the total number of hands played for the entire session - As long as you're not Donttelmum playing more than 500 hands in 5 minutes, you'll get the right number of hands. I manage to keep pretty detailed records of my cash results in Excel without too much trouble, despite no PT4.

It's a ballache to calculate things like bb/100, profit/loss for individual stakes if you're playing across more than 1 level, but if all your tables are 30nl (or whatever level you end up playing), all you need is your BR at the start and end of the session, and hands played.

Was a nice challenge playing against you tonight btw, first impression is that you're easily one of the better regs I've played at these levels. GL

Man that sounds like such a ball ache esp as I play 6-9 tables across two stakes. Cheers man, what's your sn?
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »

Yeah this.

Man that sounds like such a ball ache esp as I play 6-9 tables across two stakes. Cheers man, what's your sn?

I'm EvilPingu.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2014, 12:42:35 AM »

3 losing days in a row were inevitable after my previous post. Pointless to say I ran well/bad as you're always doing one or the other, I've definitely been playing badly ever since I got to 1k, it was more about protecting that rather than pushing on for more. I stopped betting as much started folding more and just nut peddled which is the opposite of my general game plan. I also keep checking if I win hands or not which is stupid and time consuming when you're playing 8+ tables tiled. Only just felt like I've come out the other side of that now and played alright tonight even if I ended up losing. Gonna just get to an amount of rakeback which guarantees 450 at the start of next month, dunno if I'll play much more as I'm busy.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 04, 2014, 02:35:38 PM »

Came 10th or 11th in Mini UKOPs last night. Feel like my MTT game is decent only thing I really struggle with is calling shoves, does anyone know of any Nash charts for this? Also shoving after someone has entered the pot, what percentage should we be shoving with 10bbs v CO if he opens 25% etc.

Also if anyone wants to do swaps for the mini rebuy tonight hit me up. Might also sell 50% as don't want to be concerned about rebuying in 3 or 4 times.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:40:18 PM by KingPush » Logged
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »

Came 10th or 11th in Mini UKOPs last night. Feel like my MTT game is decent only thing I really struggle with is calling shoves, does anyone know of any Nash charts for this? Also shoving after someone has entered the pot, what percentage should we be shoving with 10bbs v CO if he opens 25% etc.

Also if anyone wants to do swaps for the mini rebuy tonight hit me up. Might also sell 50% as don't want to be concerned about rebuying in 3 or 4 times.

Download ICMizer, buy it for a month or two and start putting ranges in spots where you think "what should my calling range be here?" Tidies everything up a considerable amount, easy enough to turn it into auto pilot decisions over time

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 09, 2014, 03:43:37 AM »

Playing UKOPS main?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 09, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »

How's Uni going as well?

Feed em rice.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »

Download ICMizer, buy it for a month or two and start putting ranges in spots where you think "what should my calling range be here?" Tidies everything up a considerable amount, easy enough to turn it into auto pilot decisions over time
[/quote]

Good shout, probably get it for myself for christmas.
Playing UKOPS main?
I wish bruh

How's Uni going as well?
Not really playing and don't plan to for the rest of the month cause of uni. Can't say I'm enjoying it but just grinding it out and find playing and working at the same time impossible to do. At least competently. Completely understand the mindset of someone who earns a decent whack through the week and so just wants to play poker for fun and never fold. Pokers not really that much fun otherwise, unless you're winning and that's a much more difficult skill to learn than never folding.

Bankroll is at 1400.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:15:59 PM by KingPush » Logged
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »

Even when winning it probably isn't that "fun", having to grind for hours is tough. Playing recreationally is the way forward, and a potential good way to earn a little bit on the side.

Keep up the efforts on your uni work!

Feed em rice.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 09, 2014, 05:33:17 PM »

Even when winning it probably isn't that "fun", having to grind for hours is tough. Playing recreationally is the way forward, and a potential good way to earn a little bit on the side.

Keep up the efforts on your uni work!

Genuinely enjoy grinding for hours. I complained about it during rake race but the sense of accomplishment far surpasses any tedium. If I get bored I just watch/listen to something when I grind anyway or add more tables. Don't think I'd ever play poker recreationally.

Cheers man.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »

Lol I used to be like that at the start playing endless hours a week, the grind got to me eventually though. 4 or so years later of playing this game fairly seriously and I now find playing just hold em consistently boring as hell. It's another reason never to give everything up for poker imo. I don't have to play to survive but would be hating life now if I did.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »

When I need to stuff which I don't want to do I end up procrastinating hard on really random shit. What I've started doing recently is watching professional Call of Duty matches. I don't play this game, I used to when I was younger a fair bit (COD 4 and Modern warfare 2) but I don't play video games half as much as I used to. What used to be really enjoyable about it was that you were playing with your mates. You'd go home from school whack on the xbox and chat shit to each other whilst killing each other/ scoring goals against each other.

The professional video game players seem to be doing this. They are all part of teams which play against each other online for small prizes and then compete for big prizes at LAN events or live events. Most of them stream and they often have audiences of 10,000 plus. I'm pretty sure most of them make 6 figures plus and the very best or the most well known make 7.

It's notable how similar most of these guys are to online players. They are mostly under the age of 25 and they are pretty much all nerds. If people have a problem with how poker players interact with each other then this would probably be a massive shock to the system. They often shout out "get rxped" or "I am a young God" or "you fxcking suck". This is to other pros or recreational players. Honestly I'd prefer this to the sterility in poker now. A lot of them live in team houses and have youtube channels where they upload real life stuff and have shops which sell their merchandise which often sells out.

If poker really wants to boom again, for me this is what it needs to do. All the top online players need to become knowable. I know that information on play is guarded now but streaming and earning money that way will much more beneficial than just being better at poker than everyone else. All the players interact with each other on twitter or via skype whilst they play. Why is this feature not on online poker tables? I thought 888s webcam tables were a hit what I remember from playing them back in the day were that they were the softest online. Fun players enjoy this shit because it is fun. I know playing multiple tables could make this difficult but if you were streaming and knew all the regs, let's hypothesize these are the HS players, then why not have a skype chat going at the same time. There are threads and threads of chat messages from well known online players. People love this shit as it gives an insight. Unless you lover poker, watching it is extremely boring, watching people interact however, especially in stressful situations isn't though.

Ironically this is what made poker boom in the first place just instead of the internet the players became well known through the more popular medium of the time, television. Look at pros like Phil Laak or Sammy Farha. Would anyone give a shit about these guys if they weren't on television at some point? I doubt they'd be known for their poker prowess.

In general I think it's probably time for poker to start taking itself more seriously and people at the top to actually start streaming and becoming something other than their screen name.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/technology/esports-call-of-duty-nadeshot-celebrity-success.html?_r=0
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: