blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:56:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  TV Streaming Box
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TV Streaming Box  (Read 13111 times)
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 10:15:09 PM »

I'm getting something like that when I sort a TV out for my office, but these have everything done for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281355918431?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Couple guys I know have one of these, and they say they're the business, as long as you have good broadband.

is this the one you bought...if so...

do you get skysports without a subscription

is the picture good?  (i currently watch footy online if its not on sky but the picture quality is normally poor)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »

I haven't bought one, because I haven't done my office out yet.

Woodsey is the man who has one, and he says it's the best thing he has ever bought.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »

Woodsey is the man who has one, and he says it's the best thing he has ever bought.

There'll be some women in Thailand crying when they read this.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »

And one sat next to me loving the Thai soap operas on the box Tongue
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:26 AM »

Cheesy

I thought about that as I wrote my reply, but I must be going soft in my old age...

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »

is the picture good?  (i currently watch footy online if its not on sky but the picture quality is normally poor)

If you're just using the computer to watch things (and are happy doing that) you can download XMBC for free and watch all the sport you like (and other stuff)

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 09:57:05 AM »

If you're just using the computer to watch things (and are happy doing that) you can download XMBC for free and watch all the sport you like (and other stuff)

True I forgot about that. I've been using the modbro app for the streams so far. However there are loads of streams on XMBC also, in fact there were a couple of really good ones but my Internet isn't fast enough for them to stream smoothly. If it was the picture would be excellent.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »

This one? http://www.mobdro.com/  I may check that out if it's that one. Could use something decent on my mobile!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:21 AM »

Yes mate
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 10:19:48 AM »

Hi

Can you use Modbro on your Iphone/Ipad. or is there an alternative?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »

Pretty sure it's only android mate, not sure about an alternative.

As Graham said you can download XMBC to your computer, but it's not easy adding all the various channels,you need to know what you are doing. This box is all set up and ready to go with a ton of things loaded up already.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »

I've just seen this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQEJBSW/  The Amazon Fire box (apologies if that's a referral code, I just grabbed it off HotUkDeals).  You can apparently install XMBC on the fire box, perhaps a cheaper alternative wanting a box.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »

So what sort of internet connections do people have who are using these boxes?  For example, would a 50meg connection be enough to watch a match in HD on a Sky Channel?

I'm guessing it's going to fall between having Sky/Cable HD telly and the crappy streams on the net you can use to watch live sport on your computer - or is it actually a genuine replacement for an HD Sky box?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »

It'll never be a long term solution, it's watching illegally broadcast streams at the end of the day.  Remember Eurovox?  That was great whilst it lasted too.  These things come and go.  One day the streams won't be easily accessible in the UK but you have to make the most of them whilst you can.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 06:16:18 PM »

So what sort of internet connections do people have who are using these boxes?  For example, would a 50meg connection be enough to watch a match in HD on a Sky Channel?

I'm guessing it's going to fall between having Sky/Cable HD telly and the crappy streams on the net you can use to watch live sport on your computer - or is it actually a genuine replacement for an HD Sky box?

If ur getting 50 meg you could watch HD easily mate.

My Internet is probably mostly 6-10 I would say and I can watch all the normal non HD films, tv shows etc no problem. Live streams of channels are fine and watchable but not perfect. I suspect if my Internet was better the streams would be a lot better but until I try it I can't say for sure.

To be honest for a 100 quid I'm delighted with what I've got and it's better than sticking the computer in the back of the telly when I want to watch something on a big screen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: