blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Ever wanna be the bad guy? Well, here's your chance!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ever wanna be the bad guy? Well, here's your chance!  (Read 1997 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »

This is a hand a friend of mine played recently, which I think is kinda interesting from the villains perspective.

Hand is from 50nl 6 max zoom,

UTG (101.62) opens to 1.50
UTG +1 (16.98) calls
SB (32.99) calls
BB (116.01) looks down at   and raises to 7.
UTG calls, others fold.

FLOP (16.23)
 three clubs

BB continues for 10.25
UTG calls

TURN (35.81)
 three clubs two spades

BB continues for 19.75
UTG calls

RIVER (74.50)
 three clubs two spades

BB sets UTG in for his remaining 64.62.

Assuming we are aware that UTG is a good, winning reg, it seems a little thin to me to go for all three streets with AA here. Especially on this exact river card, it seems pretty hard to get called by worse. There has been some debate around the perceived range of UTG here. I reckon UTG can legitimately have all the pocket pairs plus a few big suited broadways that could get to the river, although not much else given the stacks behind. Given this sort of range pre, the flop bet feels fine and the sizing feels pretty good too. However, on the turn, I think betting to set up a river jam is a little bit optimistic. I would prefer a turn check/call, partly to keep our range wide(r) and to have a shot at getting another street on good rivers if checked back to us.

This exact river card seems pretty terrible for us though given the way we've played the hand, since pretty much everything should now fold to the jam. Our hand is pretty face up, basically everything has bricked unless   got optimistic on the flop, and the only hand that might consider calling us now is   , which even then for well over 100bbs seems like a pretty clear fold. At the same time, I don't particularly want to check our hand. If we do, we should be check folding (which seems fine) but I think we miss value since all those one pair hands check behind. There seems to be a reasonable argument for betting $20 and folding to a jam or something weird like that to try and extract a little value from those one pair hands we do beat. This does seem like a better thin value spot if we'd checked the turn though.

What do we think?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:27:52 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »

I think going for 3 streets with AA vs UTG calling range is absolutely fine on this board. UTG can have 99-QQ here pretty easily. Also have some Kings which we beat. I would bet a little bigger on the turn but other than that I like it.

Also I think checking the turn would be horrible.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:24:09 PM by PathFinder » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »

Firing all three streets every day and twice on Sundays.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 06:48:19 PM »

c/c river imo

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 07:37:57 PM »

c/c river imo

end thread
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »

c/c river imo

In 50nl 6max zoom?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:06:57 AM »

It's a perfect card for us to be bluffing on if we got here with a bluff. We can check but i don't think there's very many floats in ranges or people prepared to turn things into bluffs, and with Kxcc or something people at 50z are probably gonna check back a lot. I think jamming is the best option personally.

More detail on those who are in the c/c river camp?

Also any love for a bet otr that isn't a jam?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 02:30:44 AM »

our 3betting range from the bb here is probably so so so so narrow that expecting worse than kx to call the river is v ambitious.

if we check we at least allow him to make an optimistic bluff which if he got to the river with a fd (one of his more likely holidngs) then he may feel compelled or get a rush of blood to the head. if we jam we leave him with no option.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 07:35:31 AM »

Surely with the extra dead money in the pot we can widen our 3 betting range slightly more than if no one flatted?

Was thinking of JJ+ AQs+?

Check river with JJ,QQ and AK (for balance)

Bet River with KK, AA, AQss and AQcc (enough value hands to have 1 bluff here maybe could add 1 more combo of AQss)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »

Surely with the extra dead money in the pot we can widen our 3 betting range slightly more than if no one flatted?

Yer i agree, think the preflop action puts a bit more perceived fluff in our range
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »

Oh sorry i didn't see the over caller was 25 tabling :p

Lee flop looks a little large?

PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 01:30:27 PM »

Oh sorry i didn't see the over caller was 25 tabling :p

Lee flop looks a little large?

200bb deep tho
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »

I think the play is fine personally.

Feed em rice.