blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:45:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 106135 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »

What price Arbs, one of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United DON'T finish top 4?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »

Very much doubt any club will be able to sneak into the top four, having to beat either Chelsea, United, Arsenal or City over 38 games is too much. Such a shame that a glass ceiling exists for most teams.

This is exactly why I'm dead against FFP and think its ridiculously flawed. That glass ceiling has been double glazed in the last few years. And to break through requires significant investment, which then means you will face FFP sanctions. Rinse and repeat. We (Man City) were simply lucky to sneak in before the door was locked on 14/15 Premier League clubs. And Platini hates that we are in the CL!

Came here to ask about Arnoutovic (sp?), does he/will he start the majority of games? Need a cheapish midfielder for my FF team, seem to recall him being pretty useful last season.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »

Very much doubt any club will be able to sneak into the top four, having to beat either Chelsea, United, Arsenal or City over 38 games is too much. Such a shame that a glass ceiling exists for most teams.

This is exactly why I'm dead against FFP and think its ridiculously flawed. That glass ceiling has been double glazed in the last few years. And to break through requires significant investment, which then means you will face FFP sanctions. Rinse and repeat. We (Man City) were simply lucky to sneak in before the door was locked on 14/15 Premier League clubs. And Platini hates that we are in the CL!

Came here to ask about Arnoutovic (sp?), does he/will he start the majority of games? Need a cheapish midfielder for my FF team, seem to recall him being pretty useful last season.

Arnie is very hit and miss.  Different class on his day but very inconsistent.  Hoping he kicks on after his experience from last year.  Rarely plays a full game.  Wouldn't think he is one for fantasy teams tbh.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2015, 04:21:14 PM »

What price Arbs, one of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United DON'T finish top 4?

Probably close to a 2/1 shot someone else sneaks in.  The big four take out 340% of the top four place market out of 400% on betfair.  Obviously there is reverse correlation at play here where if 3 of the four place in the top 4 there is only one place left for the other one to place to you can't strictly just take their top 4 %'s. 

Outside of lolapool and Spuds it is highly unlikely.  Lolapool are way too short at 5/2 to top 4 imo.  All the mug asian cash always keeps their ante post prices way too short.  33/1 they win the title is comical.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »

He went off injured I think in our last pre season game and Hughes has said he's not sure whether he'd start.

Arnie's always had a slow start and turned into a beast in the new year, but from what I've heard his form has continued throughout pre-season which means he could be a great asset. I had him in my team until I saw he was a doubt for the opening weekend.

Feed em rice.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »

Just back from the Norwich game. May the Butland for England campaign start now. 1 small distribution error aside he was outstanding today.  He is vocal, his distribution is amazing and his shot stopping today was brilliant. The lad from Milan is nowhere near match fit but you can see he is going to be some player.

That aside they are desperate for Bojan very poor up front and on the flanks. Have no idea I they were first choice full backs playing today but they were very poor. Robbie Brady particularly made it very tough for.the Stoke defence.  Surprised how un Pullis like the side was overall.

Some improvement needed for top 10.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »

Thought Stokies would boss the match.  Surprised comms seemed to think Norwich all over it.  Merson clueless potential obviously.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2015, 09:15:23 PM »

Stoke v Stoke on the other side of the world in the Sydney masters darts!  Replay from yesterday about to start on ITV4 now.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »

The return of Bojan...

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:15 PM »

Crouch is going to pick up a lot of cash this year for the amount of minutes he is going to play.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2015, 04:40:09 PM »

Only way west brom can beat Stoke is to get us down to nine men before half time!!!!  Pulis will be loving this.  Was so tempted with under 2.5 in this today but it was too short.  Just though tony would come back and do a proper 0-0 job on Stoke.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »

Just back from the game, never seen such a ballsey performance from those in red and white (barring Affelay and Adam the fucking idiots). To hold them to 1-0 and still look comfortable and have a few attempts at an equaliser is ridiculous.

The only way is up!

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2015, 12:03:07 AM »

Just back from the game, never seen such a ballsey performance from those in red and white (barring Affelay and Adam the fucking idiots). To hold them to 1-0 and still look comfortable and have a few attempts at an equaliser is ridiculous.

The only way is up!

I just spoke to four season ticket holders in the pub and they said Stoke should have got a draw the way they played 2nd half. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2015, 12:20:40 AM »

Having just seen the two red cards on MOTD hard to see how either was a straight red esp Adam.  If the first was a red card then the West brom defender did the same as the stoke player (ie made direct contact to another players face).  Incredible ref decisions.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2015, 12:32:38 AM »

Huth should have been sent off twice in the same incident today against Bournemouth if Adam was a straight red.  Consistency across matches for reds is terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: