blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014-15 NFL Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014-15 NFL Discussion thread  (Read 75489 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 08, 2015, 01:00:50 AM »

1. Rodgers
2. Rodgers

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »

Rex Ryan about to be appointed Bills HC

Interesting one, great defensive coach, knows the division well

wonder what they will do about their QB purgatory?

need a QB to fire the offense and stand a chance of ever winning a division over this pats team

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 11, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »

Rex Ryan about to be appointed Bills HC

Interesting one, great defensive coach, knows the division well

wonder what they will do about their QB purgatory?

need a QB to fire the offense and stand a chance of ever winning a division over this pats team

From the various reports I've been reading over the last two weeks, the Bills have made it clear to any prospective candidates that E J Manuel is the starting quarterback. That has put some people off.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2015, 07:31:04 PM »

Think the Packers are bang in trouble here...

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2015, 01:14:24 AM »

Colts    leading by 11 at the 2 minute warning
Ravens   lost by 4
Cowboys  lost by 5
Panthers   lost by 14

think thats a perfect read by the newbie

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »

I picked the 4 team accumulator for the play offs.
Almost got me back to even for the season too.

For the Conference Championship games, I'm currently considering the double on Patriots -7 and Packers +7.5

I know Rodgers is hobbled, and everything points to Seahawks +7.5 being the more sensible bet, but I feel sure Packers will at least get within one possession, and I'm not completely ruling out the upset. If Packers do somehow get through Seahawks I'll be wearing some sort of cheese hat for the Super Bowl, I know that.

Think the Patriots will be comfortably two possessions up by FT.

Thoughts?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »

if you like the Packers (i hope they win) then you might get +8 +9 etc by the weekend. Favourite money will come from the public for Seattle and the Patriots over the weekend coming

My eyes are open wide
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2015, 02:37:31 PM »

I notice how heavily you guys are on Packers in the TFT thread Smiley

I think we've all seen enough American sports based movies to know that Packers will win the Conference championship by the narrowest margin over the reigning champs who they lost heavily to in the opening game of the season, but Rodgers' injury will worsen and he'll have to be carried off the field.

There'll be a pep-talk from a mentor from his past, a heart-felt plea from a love interest, then almost certainly a musical recovery/training montage, then at the Super Bowl they'll go ahead early, only for him to get smashed by the Patriots defense mid-way through the game and he'll again be carried off the field again. The Patriots will draw level and then ahead while he watches helplessly from the locker room, but on visualising the advice from the mentor earlier in the week, and also the words of his love interest, he'll re-join the team and throw the winning touchdown pass in overtime. Then he'll be carried off the field one more time, this time on the shoulders of his team mates.

That's definitely how American sports work.
Isn't it?
Yeah, definitely!
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:37 PM »

lol awesome post:)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2015, 07:22:30 AM »

Could the Bills take Jones as a QB for the future?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »

Could the Bills take Jones as a QB for the future?

Cardale Jones indicates he'll consider applying for early entry into 2015 draft. --> http://bit.ly/1wTeGyZ 

Click to see full-size image.

With Mariota not doing himself too many favours last night, Winston is gonig to number 1 pick on some mock drafts

that apart there isn't much of a QB class for this draft

have to expect Jones to delcare and strike while the iron is hot

--

As for the Bills, they were reportedly saying to Head coach candidates that the intention was to go with E J Manuel as starter, aware that the likelihood of drafting a starter was low this year, and with free agency pickings looking slim

--

Meanwhile the whole Denver coaching staff was let go yesterday. Interestingly, for a man who got close but couldn't win a superbowl with Manning, lots of free agent spending and a loaded roster, the chatter is that the Bears want John Fox. To win one with Cutler!

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:34 AM »

That's why I thought about Jones for the Bills.

Talking about him, the college expert said he thought that he would be a perfect for someone to take later in the draft, to develop into a starter over a few years.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 13, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »

Some team, prob Chicago is going to get a bit of a coup now Fox is available. That team he almost won the Super Bowl with in Carolina  had Jake Delhomme at QB. if he can get JD to a Super Bowl he might be just what Cutler needs.

He seems to be paying the price for getting hammered by one of the best D's I've ever seen in last years Super Bowl and Mannings arm deserting him down the stretch this year. Looks like a bit of a panic over nothing by Denver.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 13, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »

I notice how heavily you guys are on Packers in the TFT thread Smiley

I think we've all seen enough American sports based movies to know that Packers will win the Conference championship by the narrowest margin over the reigning champs who they lost heavily to in the opening game of the season, but Rodgers' injury will worsen and he'll have to be carried off the field.

There'll be a pep-talk from a mentor from his past, a heart-felt plea from a love interest, then almost certainly a musical recovery/training montage, then at the Super Bowl they'll go ahead early, only for him to get smashed by the Patriots defense mid-way through the game and he'll again be carried off the field again. The Patriots will draw level and then ahead while he watches helplessly from the locker room, but on visualising the advice from the mentor earlier in the week, and also the words of his love interest, he'll re-join the team and throw the winning touchdown pass in overtime. Then he'll be carried off the field one more time, this time on the shoulders of his team mates.

That's definitely how American sports work.
Isn't it?
Yeah, definitely!

Brill bud, far too much Friday night lights about all that!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2015, 12:25:23 AM »

Jim Schwartz leaves the Bills.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2328884-jim-schwartz-and-bills-part-ways-latest-details-and-reaction?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: