blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand that bothered me from a couple of months ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand that bothered me from a couple of months ago  (Read 5058 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 11:54:47 AM »

wow you guys seriously want to jam?

id make it 8500

listen to this man!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »

Very much disagree Stu, that in a live £200er ppl are "very likely not be continuing vs an 8k-10k squeeze given stack sizes/SPR on flop etc"

I don't think these are things that are being considered. Well, they might be. But I think it's more likely they are considering:

whether or not you are "AT IT"
how pretty their hand is
do they wanna pay 10k to see a flop
all that money out there
if I call everyone else might call.

I think these things are more likely to be the factors rather than SPRs, whether you can 3bet/fold from your stack, or whether they have fold equity.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 01:14:43 PM »

Meh, I don't think all players are thinking about SPR and 3bet/fold ranges and fold equity in those exact words. Some of them will be though. But for the rest, they think stuff like:

"If I call this 10k then that pot is gonna be really big and I'm gonna have to play for all my stack if I hit anything."

"I don't think he's gonna fold after he has already put 10k into the pot. He's committed himself"

"He's never at it when he bets 10k"

Which are essentially the same thing.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 01:15:19 PM »

Meh there's like 14k in the middle and we have 28k. I don't see that jamming is terrible. We can all agree it's better than making it 5k or folding at least :-D. I was trying to do the thing that looked weakest. I'm all for making it 10-12k and never basically never folding post flop but our range for doing this is basically KK+ only. I guess we're assuming no one is good enough to realise this.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

Do you really want to be 6 handed with KK though? If 2.2 was called 5 way then imo and especially live, 7.5 total is also likely to get called in 5 spots.

I think you probably still get a caller and a chance to double with a jam as one player is likely to call thinking you have picked a good spot to pick up 14k
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »

Do you really want to be 6 handed with KK though? If 2.2 was called 5 way then imo and especially live, 7.5 total is also likely to get called in 5 spots.

I don't agree with this. Sure, if four call, number five laughs and says "value now!" before flicking in the chip. But KJ, A8 and J7cc all fold most of the time now and you end up against one or two guys with a lot of lovely dead money in the pot with the best hand.

We do also have UTG to go crazy behind with TT/AK.

I think you probably still get a caller and a chance to double with a jam as one player is likely to call thinking you have picked a good spot to pick up 14k

Just don't see many people stacking off in this spot with marginal hands. They might have a braintrump and shove into kings, but there is far more hesitance in these comps in my experience to call it all off for a race at best.

Exceptions to every rule of course. Bound to find the guy who put you on ace king and knew he was right to call with sixes. When he's shown cowboys*, he flips his lid and exclaims to anyone wondering what on Earth he's doing  "How does he EVER have kings there?!"

*kids, that's what we used to call them back in the day.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 02:35:26 PM »

This is almost identical to a hand I played at Caesars 2 years back in their megastack things.  Pretty similar stack sizes.  Think I made it 10k or something from BB, and got one caller.  Ace on flop.  I shove and he thinks for ages and calls with A4.

If I played this hand again should I be check folding when the Ace flops?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »

Is this your new diary ?

Welcome back.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »

The biggest demerit to jamming imo is that given the action most probably nobody has anything here. So we'll just get a bunch of folds most of the time - not really our desired outcome when we have kings despite the amount of money in the pot.

We won't be able to avoid going broke on some flops especially if it goes multiway, but we'll be entering the fray with way the best of it and the greatest chance to pick up a huge tournament winning kind of pot.

Personally i'd be making it 8300.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:08:18 PM by muckthenuts » Logged
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »

whether or not you are "AT IT"

Cheesy i laughed out loud at this.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »

Maybe 6800 is best get a couple of callers and play flops easily. Ranges are so deak pre that people will fold and like Adam said if we get all calls it's not thaaaat bad.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »

Fk no I'm not jamming here. By jamming you will definitely get people to fold hands that they would peel with and once they peel and flop anything to do with the board they will go with it because they will realise the pot is so inflated by this point.

I'll make it 8k ish and lead out small on any board that isn't Axx and Kxx pretty much.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »

I did make it 8200.

Two callers.

Flop was A82

I check folded when big stack bet 10k and the other caller shoved.

Big stack had AQ and other guy A8ss. :/

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:35 PM »

Glad you're back posting Keith
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 07:03:22 AM »

I did make it 8200.

Two callers.

Flop was A82

I check folded when big stack bet 10k and the other caller shoved.

Big stack had AQ and other guy A8ss. :/

So u done what Pleno would have done, still the best in the business then Camel.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: