blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  LolPro and Onwards
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LolPro and Onwards  (Read 30441 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:06 PM »

Nevermind all this poker...  How are you getting along with Stringer, and Omar?

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

I apologise in advance for Stoke letting your bet down.

Feed em rice.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 12:36:52 AM »

We dont have to cbet but don't think we can/should c/f given all the trash this villian will peel pre.

Also, what dya mean if it comes an A or Q we only got 4 clean outs? If the turn is A or Q we'll have the best hand close to 100% of the time

if they're spades i think it's going to be difficult to bet bet and get called by worse
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »

I apologise in advance for Stoke letting your bet down.

Sigh, thought I was gonna get to post up and say they didn't let me down... until QPR's last minute equaliser, gg acca.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »

hey mate - I was sat on yr left on that ukpc final table :p

re urethral obstruction in yr cat
google international cat care and there's good info on their page listed under FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract dz)

but basically
-keep him on that diet lifelong
-increase water intake (water fountains about 25quid in pet shops, add water to food, tuna flavoured Ice cubes, offer rain water if doesn't like the chlorinated tap water etc)
-keep him lean. it's mainly a problem of sedentary overweight cats. if he is leaner he will be more active in theory and void urine more frequently
-make sure at least 2 litter trays available in different parts of house
-if he gets recurrent cystitis (inflammation rather than obstruction) consider cystophan tablets lifelong. - it's like a bladder supplement for healthy bladder lining
-sometimes stress is part of the underlying issue and trigger factor - if u think this may be the case then consider feliway/zylkene or chat to yr vet. the most common cause of stress for cats is other cats so some cats that get this problem repeatedly over a long period of time it's best to re home the healthy cat.if they don't sleep together and groom each other they are probs just tolerating each other rather than being buds still

anyways prevention way better than treatment for this problem, as if it keeps happening sometimes the only option ends up being penile amputation!

Sorry meant to say this ages ago but cheers for all the advice.

His first couple of trips to the vets he had crystals, but the last time they said he had cystitis so they gave us steroids for him which seemed to clear things up and he's been a lot more active and more like himself for a while. A few weeks after the steroids (when all seemed fine) he did try to go the toilet and nothing came out, a couple more tries and he didn't seem to be getting anything out. We had leftover steroids cos they gave us more than we needed so we gave him 1 of them and the next day he seemed fine.... but don't really know if we should be 'self-medicating'....
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »

I've had a few decent but frustrating results recently in the nightly main events on Sky...

The first and the best of them, was coming 4th out of 297 in the Wednesday £11r for £530 (about £1.4k ftw)

The second was a deep ish run in the Saturday £33 Bounty Hunter where I came 19th out of 362 for £90 (about £2k ftw). The same night I was also going deep in the Mini £5.50 BH with a really big stack and then just lost a ton of races to bust 39/490. Gutting cos I had really big stacks in both and was starting to consider I may have been in the running for a jackpot payout (Sky pay a jackpot if you FT the main and mini in the same night based on where you finish in both, payouts below).

Then last night in the Sunday £110 Roller, I was CL with almost double the chips 2nd place had with 20 left and somehow managed to come 15th out of 173 for £240 (£4.7k ftw)  Sad

I don't think I did anything wrong to blow up in the roller, just lost flips etc and eventually jammed JJ pre into AA. Gotta be happy with those results over like a 5 day period (pretty much the only MTTs I play are Sky mains) but frustrating to not be able to convert any of them into bigger scores.

==============================

Cash has been alright, had one complete mare of a session where I just got hammered by coolers, there was nothing I could do about it, just one of those sessions where you're gonna lose lots, so that finished -£300, but otherwise cash has been ok.

Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 12:38:59 AM »

It's been a while since I posted, combo of being simultaneously busy and lazy.

I had another deep (but gutting) run in the £110 Roller on Sky, and it was a week where the guarantee was doubled. Was in decent shape with 20 left (30 odd were paid), ended up coming 19th making a questionable/dodgy 3b ship w/ QJss and bricking v AK for about £280.... £8.4k ftw that night Sad

All told though I had a pretty decent month on Sky. About £1k up on cash, about £1k up on MTTs and a few other bits and bobs made it about a +£2.3k month so can't complain too much.

Realised I aint shown a pic of myself yet, and it's always better when you know what the person doing the writing looks like imo so here's a pic of my ugly mug with my youngest daughter, Leah.

Click to see full-size image.

====================================

I'm wanting to start adding in a few stars MTTs to my grinds at night time and looking for suggestions. I help out with the kids from about 2pm until their bedtime so can't start my evening sessions really early so.... Ideally I want big fields, max BI of ~$20 and MTTs I can reg (or late-reg with a reasonable stack) 7:30pm or later (don't mind staying up late obv)

At the mo, I'm gonna start playing the big 11 and the storm on Sundays but any suggestions are welcome cos I've hardly ever played on stars. I want just maybe 3-4 comps in total each night to play alongside cash.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 12:41:36 AM by Lambert180 » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »

Plenty of big field mtts on stars, maybe too big

Have a look in the lobby at the Hot/Big tournies (in red)
Plenty of cheap buyin, okay prizepools there
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2014, 04:53:46 PM »

Stars is the worst place to go, hunt out lower variance fields.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »

I already play mtts on sky where variance is pretty low due to the standard and fields generally never going over 300 ish. Used to play them on .fr and WM but won't be able to soon cos of UK legislation.

I just wanted a few comps to punt which I know will be higher variance but give me a shot at big scores for small BIs. You suggest any sites other than stars? 888?
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 02:37:05 PM »

I'm not sure about now but a while back TitanPoker (allows american players) was ridiculously easy to beat on a weekend, but a bit tougher in the week. Maybe that'd be a good place to at least try? If you're already profitable on a sky just keep at that also Smiley

Feed em rice.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »

I already play mtts on sky where variance is pretty low due to the standard and fields generally never going over 300 ish. Used to play them on .fr and WM but won't be able to soon cos of UK legislation.

I just wanted a few comps to punt which I know will be higher variance but give me a shot at big scores for small BIs. You suggest any sites other than stars? 888?

888 is good, I play on there a bit albeit have pretty bad stats but I blame this on variance so it makes me feel better! Skype or facebook me if you want and I can go through the good comps to play.

I think 888 or say I-poker would be better variance wise. Stars is great for the $ up top but playing the odd comp a night variance will kill you unless you run like me!

Matt
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »

Consistent hourly from other networks beats the really high variance fields on Stars. Stuff like the big 22/55 are really really good value but the fields are just massive. Small fields just have to be part of your schedule, otherwise mtt variance goes off the hook. Furthermore, you want experience on final tables. Small fields give you the ability to practice the final table bubble and dynamics on the ft, someone who mostly grind stars nlhe might make one a week or so. Roi comes from the end game, its the most important part of the tournament, playing well here can turn you from a close to breakeven player into a monster. Apart from watching videos and reviewing tournaments, getting a lot of practice in these areas are key. What happens if you final one of the turbos on stars and suddenly have 1k buyins up top and its something you just haven't experienced. You'll be confident, you win a greater % of your sessions and you come into final tables thinking, I've done this a hundred times before. Practice for the big situations, who cares if its only $400 for winnng a 26$ mtt. Lol bowl comp even being a phrase shows how silly mtters can be.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »

Consistent hourly from other networks beats the really high variance fields on Stars. Stuff like the big 22/55 are really really good value but the fields are just massive. Small fields just have to be part of your schedule, otherwise mtt variance goes off the hook. Furthermore, you want experience on final tables. Small fields give you the ability to practice the final table bubble and dynamics on the ft, someone who mostly grind stars nlhe might make one a week or so. Roi comes from the end game, its the most important part of the tournament, playing well here can turn you from a close to breakeven player into a monster. Apart from watching videos and reviewing tournaments, getting a lot of practice in these areas are key. What happens if you final one of the turbos on stars and suddenly have 1k buyins up top and its something you just haven't experienced. You'll be confident, you win a greater % of your sessions and you come into final tables thinking, I've done this a hundred times before. Practice for the big situations, who cares if its only $400 for winnng a 26$ mtt. Lol bowl comp even being a phrase shows how silly mtters can be.

Brilliant post
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »

Isn't party meant to be quite good variance wise because they tend to pay a larger % of the field than normal?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: