blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254628 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2015, 04:12:34 PM »

Worst attempt to post a Youtube link, ever...what was it David? Smiley

I'm guessing "Anarchy in the UK".

Obvious really Smiley

Thanks kin

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »

In my harsher, younger, days I would probably have considered myself a libertarian but I now have come to the realisation that some people really do need saving from themselves for the good of everyone else, which has leant me more towards the nanny state lefty side of things.

But the current Labour Party are a complete sack of useless shit so if I had a vote in a UK election now I'd probably vote Green simply because shit needs mixing up.

Most of this is true for me too i'd say. Remember doing that political compass thing years ago and coming out very strongly as a left libertarian - may have to dig it out and try it again to see how much my views have changed.

Finding it quite hard to get enthused about the election on a personal level this year as we live in a very safe tory seat in which Boris will be the tory candidate, so pretty much a done deal. Greens will probably get my vote.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:30:38 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »

Always been centre right and probably always will be. I will vote Tory again this year but if I felt there was a viable option I would certainly consider a change.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2015, 07:46:28 PM »

Always been centre right and probably always will be. I will vote Tory again this year but if I felt there was a viable option I would certainly consider a change.

Same here mate, but you mention the word immigration on here and you are immediately labelled far right by a few lol  Roll Eyes
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

I imagine depending where you live that whoever you vote for doesn't really matter?

If you are in a safe seat , say Nottingham North,  massive Labour majority (me) or Rushcliffe (Woodsey?) our votes wont matter? Though I see Class War are standing in my area Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2015, 07:56:48 PM »

I imagine depending where you live that whoever you vote for doesn't really matter?

If you are in a safe seat , say Nottingham North,  massive Labour majority (me) or Rushcliffe (Woodsey?) our votes wont matter? Though I see Class War are standing in my area Smiley

tactical voting in marginals is going to be huge

many more people far more aware of how to vote tactically these days, helped by all the ashcroft constituency polling

so, the argument goes, 650+ local battles may end up in a result of very different percentages than national opinion poll

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2015, 07:57:40 PM »

If you are in a safe seat , say Nottingham North,  massive Labour majority (me) or Rushcliffe (Woodsey?) our votes wont matter? Though I see Class War are standing in my area Smiley

Think i'm in Broxtowe now I've just moved, conservative I think? No idea what the majority is though....perfectly happy to pimp out my vote though to whats suits me best, have voted for all 3 main parties at one time or another  
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2015, 07:59:11 PM »

If you are in a safe seat , say Nottingham North,  massive Labour majority (me) or Rushcliffe (Woodsey?) our votes wont matter? Though I see Class War are standing in my area Smiley

Think i'm in Broxtowe now I've just moved, conservative I think? No idea what the majority is though....perfectly happy to pimp out my vote though to whats suits me best, have voted for all 3 main parties at one time or another  

Ahh thought u moved to WB. Broxtowe big marginal was Labour until 2010, Anna Soubrey MP currently Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2015, 08:07:29 PM »

Ahh thought u moved to WB. Broxtowe big marginal was Labour until 2010, Anna Soubrey MP currently Smiley

Good stuff, probably the first time ever my vote might make a difference!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »

press release this morning

Nicola Sturgeon’s party now 1-10 to win most seats in Scotland as Ashcroft polls make grim reading for Miliband and Murphy

Bookmaker Coral has slashed the odds on the Scottish National Party winning the most seats in Scotland at May’s general election to 1-10 (from 4-7), after Lord Ashcroft revealed polls today that strongly suggested Labour would suffer heavy losses at the hands of Nicola Sturgeon’s party. Labour are out to 5-1 (from 5-4) to win most seats in Scotland, while Coral offer 20-1 that Jim Murphy’s party do not win any seats.

Coral are also betting on the number of seats the SNP will win, with 42 or more priced at 5-6, and the same odds about 41 or fewer, amended from 30 or more and 29 or fewer before publication of the Ashcroft polls.

As a result of the polls, Coral has also cut the odds on there being a hung parliament after the election to 1-4 (from 2-7), while the odds on Labour winning the most seats have been lengthened to 6-5 (from 11-10), with the Tories cut to 4-6 (from 4-5).

“The first general election since the referendum always promised to hold extra significance for Scottish voters, and the Ashcroft polls have seen a shake-up in the betting, with the SNP now red hot favourites to dominate at Labour’s expense, while the chances of a hung parliament have also increased as far as we’re concerned,” said Coral’s David Stevens.

“At this stage there is no clear indication as to what the make-up of the government will be post-election, but if these most recent polls do translate into Westminster seats for the SNP – and we have certainly increased their estimated number of seats – Nicola Sturgeon’s party are likely to be important players in any subsequent power-broking,” added Stevens.

**To win most seats in Scotland
1-10 SNP, 5-1 Labour 500-1 Any other party

**Total SNP Seats following general election
5-6 42 or more, 5-6 41 or fewer

**Labour not to win a seat in Scotland 20-1

**To win most seats at the general election
4-6 Conservatives, 6-5 Labour 25-1 UKIP, 250-1 Liberal Democrats

**Overall majority following general election
1-4 No party, 4-1 Conservatives, 9-1 Labour

ENDS

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »

http://may2015.com/featured/ashcroft-polls-show-sensational-surge-for-snp-and-suggest-they-will-more-than-50-mps-in-may/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »

"Politically, Britain is now 5 nations. UK never so divided. 2010 vs 2015… Scotland now yellow. "

http://may2015.com/featured/politically-britain-is-now-five-nations/

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2015, 03:50:06 PM »

Interesting stuff if things transpired this way. Hard to see how Labour and Tory could stick to their support of FPP if it meant permanent minority or coalition Government

sola virtus nobilitat
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »

The thing about Gidiot is . . . . .  He has a shit degree, he's a failed journo and life experience was packing a few shelves before becoming a speech writer. 

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »

You can criticise the coalition on various issues but on the economy they have done a good job considering the total shambles they inherited.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: