blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  My name's Alex and I'd like to learn PLO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My name's Alex and I'd like to learn PLO  (Read 16608 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2015, 02:34:52 PM »

how much does it change your decision if you're absolutely sure you can run it two or three times, or are absolutely sure you can only run it once?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »

how much does it change your decision if you're absolutely sure you can run it two or three times, or are absolutely sure you can only run it once?

Running it more than once is all about how much variance you want. This was a kinda borderline spot in my head, and a decent sized pot so in truth I would have folded if I knew that it was only gonna be ran once. Maybe that's fishy, but I think it's OK to accept a bit of variance (running it twice odds of losing both will be around 40-45%) but not the whole lot (65-70% to lose both).

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »

Running it more than once is all about how much variance you want. This was a kinda borderline spot in my head, and a decent sized pot so in truth I would have folded if I knew that it was only gonna be ran once. Maybe that's fishy, but I think it's OK to accept a bit of variance (running it twice odds of losing both will be around 40-45%) but not the whole lot (65-70% to lose both).

think I agree. if this is likely to be a small loser long term then I'd defo want to run it more than once and pay a little bit of EV tax for image. Getting it in here has got to be good for the game, I think, but I defo want to run it more than once.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »

think I agree. if this is likely to be a small loser long term then I'd defo want to run it more than once and pay a little bit of EV tax for image. Getting it in here has got to be good for the game, I think, but I defo want to run it more than once.

What is "good for the game?" If you mean it'll be good for your image that you punted preflop with 6789single then I can't argue that it certainly makes you a appear loser by getting it in here than not, but at the end of the day it's totally unquantifiable and taking -EV spots to acquire unquantifiable edges is a big mistake.  If you have been very tight in this game and want to appear loose then 1 solitary hand when you punt 2k off with a rundown prolly won't hold in anyone's memory for long at all.

I think in live cash games people to seem to think you can play a certain style for 8 hours, then do one thing that is drastically out of character for that style, and all of sudden your image is changed - I think that would require people to be both really rather gullible and also paying attention, and most people in live cash games are neither.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: