blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:02:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274184 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16955 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Paedophile Hunter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Paedophile Hunter.  (Read 13271 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »

Whilst there is undoubtedly a massive grey area surrounding girls that are 14-15 the point of the law is that they arent in a position to consent or understand the pressure they may be under and how to deal with that.  That is almost certainly an oversimplification especially when you are talking about fairly small age differences but ultimately you have to legislate somewhere and the current age of 16 seems fair enough to me and it seems reasonable to think that she wasnt really in a position to understand the implications of her actions and his motives when she was 14 and he was 30.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »

Whilst there is undoubtedly a massive grey area surrounding girls that are 14-15 the point of the law is that they arent in a position to consent or understand the pressure they may be under and how to deal with that.  That is almost certainly an oversimplification especially when you are talking about fairly small age differences but ultimately you have to legislate somewhere and the current age of 16 seems fair enough to me and it seems reasonable to think that she wasnt really in a position to understand the implications of her actions and his motives when she was 14 and he was 30.

She might well have lied about her age when they met and looked older than she was, I have no idea. As people are suggesting these things are not always black and white.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »

John Peel in his book blithely mentions he had an affair with a 15 year old girl when he was in his 30s.

When all the Savile stuff came out one of the newspapers tracked her down.

She was absolutely fine with it all these years later

But it is still the responsibility of the adult to restrain themselves.

But whether they are nonces as the majority of viewers of yesterday's programme seemed to believe is very doubtful IMO.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:13:41 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »

Didn't some Guy have the shit kicked out of him simply because he had the same name as a convicted paedophile and someone wrongly accused him and it escalated from that?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 06:15:58 PM »

Didn't some Guy have the shit kicked out of him simply because he had the same name as a convicted paedophile and someone wrongly accused him and it escalated from that?

Yeah and there was a big protest out the house of a paediatrician in Portsmouth too.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

Yeah and there was a big protest out the house of a paediatrician in Portsmouth too.

there was a paediatrician's  house burnt down in Wales once as well i remember reading

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2014, 06:20:36 PM »

This whole paedo thing is becoming a massive witch-hunt, and it's extremely disturbing. Completely sure they've wrongly convicted a few people, just because if its a choice between potentially letting a pedophile go and effectively killing someone, they'll sleep easier choosing the former. Better to be safe than sorry.

This guy can't possibly be good, the police have similar things set up which have set rules and trained people doing the same job. This guy doesn't have any of that training or any rules, as Camel said in an earlier post he's basically a predator himself, and as Pleno said he's preying on people who are just lonely and probably wouldn't have broken the law if this guy hadn't basically forced them to.

Absolutely jail them, but leave it to the professionals.  

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »

This whole paedo thing is becoming a massive witch-hunt, and it's extremely disturbing. Completely sure they've wrongly convicted a few people, just because if its a choice between potentially letting a pedophile go and effectively killing someone, they'll sleep easier choosing the former. Better to be safe than sorry.

This guy can't possibly be good, the police have similar things set up which have set rules and trained people doing the same job. This guy doesn't have any of that training or any rules, as Camel said in an earlier post he's basically a predator himself, and as Pleno said he's preying on people who are just lonely and probably wouldn't have broken the law if this guy hadn't basically forced them to.

Absolutely jail them, but leave it to the professionals.  

A bunch of chavs looking for weak and pathetic people to bully.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2014, 06:29:37 PM »

Having said all that if anyone laid a finger on Jake, I swear I wouldn't be able to control my myself in response.

Being a father makes for an interesting clash of emotions as a pinko liberal wet.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »

Having said all that if anyone laid a finger on Jake, I swear I wouldn't be able to control my myself in response.

Being a father makes for an interesting clash of emotions as a pinko liberal wet.

how would you feel in a few years time when he was 15/16 if he came home bragging about having a threesome with 2 women in the late 20s early 30s?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »

Astonished no one has referenced Brasseye yet. I've reread the thread again just in case I'd missed a subtle reference.

No "This man disguised himself as a school", no "statistically, paedophiles have more in common with crabs than they do with people like you and me", not even a "suggestible keyboard".

Amazing. It's incredible how brilliant and incisive that programme was.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2014, 06:51:10 PM »

how would you feel in a few years time when he was 15/16 if he came home bragging about having a threesome with 2 women in the late 20s early 30s?

This is the thing i would guess the vast majority of dads would say quietly without mum hearing 'wp gg son' whereas if it was a daughter they would go mental.  That's just society for you.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »

This is the thing i would guess the vast majority of dads would say quietly without mum hearing 'wp gg son' whereas if it was a daughter they would go mental.  That's just society for you.

And what if the lad was gay and it's 2 older blokes? A different reaction by most I would suggest...
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

I'd be furious.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »

If I had a daughter, I'd be furious.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: