blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Walking Dead thread (with US paced TV spoilers BUT no comic spoilers)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead thread (with US paced TV spoilers BUT no comic spoilers)  (Read 13285 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

Boom!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

How good has this transformation? I totally believe Carol could single handedly storm Terminus and rescue everyone:

This would be me in an apocolypse

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »

Last season has been accused of being slow, with the long build up to arriving at Terminus. I disagree though, because with the groups separating, it gave us a chance to get to know some members of the gang a bit more without the constant Rick/Carl Grimes storyline up in our grills.

I was also a bit surprised 90% of the way through S5E1 that it looked like after all that effort to get to Terminus, that they destroyed it and moved on within one episode. However, the last 10% of the episode seemed to hint that we would be spending some time in flashback learning more about what turned these hopeful sanctuary building people into cold and pragmatic cannibals, slaughtering other survivors like cattle. More time with new characters and a break from the previous scooby gang.

Certainly started hard and fast, and someone new is clearly in charge of special effects, make up and zombie kills.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:22:45 AM »

Having seen the trailers, I just have no idea how Gareth becomes part of the group. Obviously we are going to learn that he probably isnt as evil as he seems from the flashbacks, but he should be an insta kill when they see him next surely.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

Before they took him at the end, why was he crying outside alone in the trees?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »

Before they took him at the end, why was he crying outside alone in the trees?

I thought they did a good job of implying he got bit in that store. IMO next week starts with the reveal he is tainted meat.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »

Thought he was bit but thought they'd show, your theory makes sense tho. Girl in work reckons it's because he was a former alcoholic and they were inside drinking wine Smiley

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »

Thought he was bit but thought they'd show, your theory makes sense tho. Girl in work reckons it's because he was a former alcoholic and they were inside drinking wine Smiley

ah yes, also a good theorem.

He is pretty much dead now either way, so he may as well be bit.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 08:54:52 AM »

Yeah, I'd assumed he'd been bitten.
Hershall survived for a long time with a leg missing, so don't give up on Bob just yet.

Maybe he's just got super lucky and they've cut off his bitten leg before the infection spread.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 04:47:09 PM »

Who did negan kill!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 04:58:49 PM »

Who did negan kill!

Did he kill anyone at all? Said he was just going to beat the shit out of someone.....

They handled the first whack so I'm guessing at the ginger. He can take a punch that guy.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 05:18:20 PM »

Smashed with lucille 8 times and blood from top of screen
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »

After such a great season I was a tad disappointed with finale. Didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Why if the saviours are so many in number did they just not attack Alexandria?

Ah! The element of surprise
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »

Slowly falling out of love with the show.

Felt like far too many fake out death moments in the recent season - Glenn twice, Daryl and then another cliffhanger at the end. I feel like I want the show to be braver and just go ahead and kill some characters!

Has been a bit ploddy since The Governor and don't think this season did much to arrest that. Will still be watching but a long way from being something I really look forward to.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »

After such a great season I was a tad disappointed with finale. Didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Why if the saviours are so many in number did they just not attack Alexandria?

Also as there seemed to more people blockading them each time they took a different route why not go back to the first one and just plough through the half dozen numpties there?

Made no sense at all the first time they got blocked that they didn't just shoot them all. Pretty sure they've smashed much worse in the past without a seconds thought.

What was the point taking all of the best fighters to then pussy out at the first sign of trouble? Obviously they just want all the main characters in the line up for the suspense but it just made no sense.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: