blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Walking Dead thread (with US paced TV spoilers BUT no comic spoilers)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead thread (with US paced TV spoilers BUT no comic spoilers)  (Read 13278 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »

Disagree with Matthew, I think the show is great and last season was one of the best! But yeah, I didn't enjoy this episode much, and not just because Abraham was my 2nd favourite character (kill Daryl and I'm out).

It just seemed a bit too much, it left me with a similar feeling to when I watched the ISIS beheadings on you tube. I mean, its a good point made by AdamM that its a zombie apocalypse horror series so its supposed to be a rough ride, maybe I forgot that a little bit and this certainly served as a reminder.

Obviously this episode should have been the last one of the last season. It didn't have quite the same impact having had almost a year away from the characters who perished.

I hadn't realised it but now you mention it I think this is the main problem for me. I couldn't even remember where this Negan fella came from or how they got in to this predicament in the first place.

As a final episode to last season this would've been absolutely incredible whereas the final episode that they gave us had f**k all happen apart from people getting caught a bit.

Perhaps take a few tips from GoT. Build up through the early episodes and then go frickin nuts at the end.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »

I can't believe people complaining about the gore. I thought it was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in a long time - standout performer in Negan but I thought Rick was excellent as well in his portrayal of how Negan took him apart piece by piece psychologically.

My problem is the TWD is often high intensity and quality seperated by weeks of little happening. Hope they can keep up the pace and intensity of episode 1. Banshee packs mroe into one episode than TWD does in a season usually!

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »

Episode was ass-suckingly boring. Is there really any suspense in waiting for characters, that haven't really developed for 7 seasons, get conked on the head.

Seen more menace than Negone down the local.

Gonna watch it like the last coupla of seasons of sons of anarchy with bewilderment at my own lack of taste or will - still can't stop smoking completely either

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »

I can't believe people complaining about the gore. I thought it was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in a long time - standout performer in Negan but I thought Rick was excellent as well in his portrayal of how Negan took him apart piece by piece psychologically.

My problem is the TWD is often high intensity and quality seperated by weeks of little happening. Hope they can keep up the pace and intensity of episode 1. Banshee packs mroe into one episode than TWD does in a season usually!

Banshee ended after 4 seasons so they had to.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »

"It's a zombie apocalypse horror series. It's supposed to be a rough ride" - yea good point so the gore is ok I guess. But a zombie apocalypse show should be 'shit there are zombies everywhere, what we gonna do?' which TWD did well at the start. Now we are so chill about teh zombie apocalypse we gather in the forest for a conking on the head ritual. What the fuck for?

Not sure what level of fear this new maniac thinks inhabitants of zombie apocalypse are operating on but for me it would be shit-scared at all times. So along comes Charlie trying to scare me by conking me on the head and saying 'bad things could happen'. Wp Sherlock, bad things could happen, so hurry up and conk me on the head to end the pain. The excessive gore pales against such a shit pointless story. WTF? Is this guy building an empire for the future? I mean seriously, take away the gore and it's an episode of Dallas.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 09:12:06 AM »

Saw a video this morning of an alternate version where Maggie gets her head caved in instead. That was even more uncomfortable viewing. For that imagination sequence with Rick on the roof of the RV, they would have had to shoot the deaths of all the characters so that means there's a version out there for each of them.

I bet that made contract negotiations in the off season interesting Smiley
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »

"It's a zombie apocalypse horror series. It's supposed to be a rough ride" - yea good point so the gore is ok I guess. But a zombie apocalypse show should be 'shit there are zombies everywhere, what we gonna do?' which TWD did well at the start. Now we are so chill about teh zombie apocalypse we gather in the forest for a conking on the head ritual. What the fuck for?

Not sure what level of fear this new maniac thinks inhabitants of zombie apocalypse are operating on but for me it would be shit-scared at all times. So along comes Charlie trying to scare me by conking me on the head and saying 'bad things could happen'. Wp Sherlock, bad things could happen, so hurry up and conk me on the head to end the pain. The excessive gore pales against such a shit pointless story. WTF? Is this guy building an empire for the future? I mean seriously, take away the gore and it's an episode of Dallas.

I disagree. Most good Zombie films are only about the zombies themselves at the beginning, then in small bursts along the way. What makes the good ones interesting is the way the societal break down is dealt with. It's an apocalypse show. The zombies are the catalyst for the story, rather than the point of it IMO.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 04:56:19 PM »

I disagree. Most good Zombie films are only about the zombies themselves at the beginning, then in small bursts along the way. What makes the good ones interesting is the way the societal break down is dealt with. It's an apocalypse show. The zombies are the catalyst for the story, rather than the point of it IMO.

Yea fair enough. I'm not a zombie apocalypse aficionado but it strikes me that in such an event, humans, who are declining at a rapid rate, wud be a pretty valuable commodity, esp to each other. So going round conking them on the head to spread a message of fear is a pretty pointless act imo. In all probability it's only humans who can deliver a solution to the problem, so conking potential solution providers on the head seems like one shit strategy. Who knows which human is going to deliver the solution? I mean i'm on board with the breakdown of society but as a viewer just watching a dumb guy act dumb didn't float my boat. I want an intriguing way to solve the problem as opposed to graphic scenes of perfectly random head-conking. I can get that at Wetherspoons any night of the week.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »

I know what you're saying.
I'm not a horror guy myself. If it was just gore and running away from zombies I probably wouldn't be watching. I enjoy the examination of how different people deal with the new order of things. Some isolate themselves, some work as groups to survive, and others look to dominate others and survive through them.

I'm pretty sure in a real apocalypse situation there'd be plenty of head conking going on.
Pretty sure I'd be an isolationist to try and avoid the Negans of the world. Smiley
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Too soon?

Ah! The element of surprise
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »

Having just watched the opening scenes of last nights episode, I was quite amazed to see, a bunch of flesh hungry zombies, desperate for meat, given a free meal at last weeks baddie, just take a small chew at him. Small enough that he is completely intact and able to get up and walk off as a zombie himself.

I thought the premise was that the zombie would strip you down to the bone when given a free reign?

Is there new zombie etiquette that has been introduced along the way?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2018, 08:40:07 AM »

Having just watched the opening scenes of last nights episode, I was quite amazed to see, a bunch of flesh hungry zombies, desperate for meat, given a free meal at last weeks baddie, just take a small chew at him. Small enough that he is completely intact and able to get up and walk off as a zombie himself.

I thought the premise was that the zombie would strip you down to the bone when given a free reign?

Consistent feature of the zombie genre: who gets bitten and who gets devoured is always convenient for the producers.

A permanent gear-grinder for me too.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »

Consistent feature of the zombie genre: who gets bitten and who gets devoured is always convenient for the producers.

A permanent gear-grinder for me too.

Indeed. If we are going to do this. At least make it believable!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »

Bit of a return to form this season after a couple of season's of mediocrity.

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »

Rick gone in a few episodes
How long will the show last
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: