blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 111557 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »

Supposed to be Barnsley according to the rumour I mentioned yesterday.

Yuh, have heard the same. Surely not though. He would get so much stick from rival fans that games would become a farce.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

Oldham Athletic apparently

gordon taylor asks journalists to attend a press conference tomorrow but can't say where!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2015, 08:43:10 AM »

Oldham are getting cold feet after 20,000 sign a petition in short order

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30678251

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 05, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »

Oldham are getting cold feet after 20,000 sign a petition in short order

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30678251

I don't think an Online Petition means much - that could be, & probably is, 20,000 people from across the UK, maybe even many from Sheffield, rather than Oldham supporters.

Any Club that wants to sign him is going to either have to man up & face the inevitable hoohah, or just forget the whole idea.

If he were to, say, sign for a Conference Club, & start scoring goals galore, a desperate League Club would take him on soon enough, for sure.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: January 05, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »

Of course if Oldham do say no to Evans he'll probably take it as a yes... (with thanks to David Schneider on Twitter)

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 05, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »

Ed Milliband welcomes the news that Oldham are reconsidering.  Ed's involvement make you almost want to switch to Ched's side?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: January 05, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »

Ed Milliband welcomes the news that Oldham are reconsidering.  Ed's involvement make you almost want to switch to Ched's side?

Yes. From the few details I've heard, I have some sympathy for Ched's situation anyway.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 05, 2015, 01:49:51 PM »

it's unreal isn't it?

Another to add to the long line of people that have jumped onto the bandwagon of using the guy to improve their own publicity. It's a pretty amazing thing that the leader of the Labour party is claiming that a low level footballer is a role model. I'm expecting Anne Kirkbride, Christopher Biggins or Cannon and Ball to tell Oldham they will stop coming to games and wont take up their season tickets again next year if he is allowed to play.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 05, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »

it's unreal isn't it?

Another to add to the long line of people that have jumped onto the bandwagon of using the guy to improve their own publicity. It's a pretty amazing thing that the leader of the Labour party is claiming that a low level footballer is a role model. I'm expecting Anne Kirkbride, Christopher Biggins or Cannon and Ball to tell Oldham they will stop coming to games and wont take up their season tickets again next year if he is allowed to play.

Haha! Hilarious but prob true! Sad
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 05, 2015, 02:43:04 PM »

Ed Miliband would not employ Ched Evans as Chancellor of the Exchequer it seems.  Seems reasonable.  I doubt Mr Evans would be anymore qualified for the role than other football intellectual collossi such as Wayne Rooney or John Terry?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 05, 2015, 03:18:57 PM »

Ed Miliband would not employ Ched Evans as Chancellor of the Exchequer it seems.  Seems reasonable.  I doubt Mr Evans would be anymore qualified for the role than other football intellectual collossi such as Wayne Rooney or John Terry?

I may be wrong, but wasn't John Terry on TV the other day celebrating his part in the deficit reduction program? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »

More people who had never heard of him last year outraged at him returning to work.

Role model not a chance
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »

Wasn't he on a radio station and get asked the question? What else is he sposed to say?

Think it's pretty clear Oldham will sign him- just need to be seen to reacting to the media outcry

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »

This is turning into a vendetta now. 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »

More people who had never heard of him last year outraged at him returning to work.

Only those who have heard of someone before are entitled to be outraged when their actions hit the headlines?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: