blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 147373 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:46 PM »

Now charging vig on currency exchanges/deposits/withdrawals etc. Huge sigh at where PokerStars is heading Sad

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/pokerstars-currency-exchange-rates-1484001/

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:36:54 AM »

Can someone put this in simple words for a simple person please? Cheesy

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:39:40 AM »

Not best at all.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 01:03:28 AM »

Ugh I hate they are doing this on deposits as well effectively stinging the losing players, which cannot be good for the poker economy. If it was just on withdrawals I get it, but obviously wouldn't be happy.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:14:47 AM »

killing the goose that lays the golden egg.  Just sounds like betfair premium charge all over again.  Amazing how these senior ceo exec types on £500k+ a year are so short sighted and so clueless.  Yet they keep killing these huge businesses which have monopoly positions for their own short term gain.  How can you earn so much and be so clueless?
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 01:33:58 AM »

killing the goose that lays the golden egg.  Just sounds like betfair premium charge all over again.  Amazing how these senior ceo exec types on £500k+ a year are so short sighted and so clueless.  Yet they keep killing these huge businesses which have monopoly positions for their own short term gain.  How can you earn so much and be so clueless?

100% agree.

They know they are the biggest so instead of trying to make it even bigger they think they can use their power to bleed every last penny out the system.

The only way they will stop is if the players pull in same direction and stop playing there stop signing up etc.

Obv so many won't as the big pp and flashing lights allude us all and brain fry our minds. It's a real shame and I certainly won't be doing it anymore. Enough is enough. Time to stand up and fight for the future of poker.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 02:49:58 AM »

If I'm reading it right, there's nothing to worry about.

Deposit in sterling and then convert to dollars within pokerstars client to play.

And then when you withdraw, just do the opposite and withdraw in sterling.

When I just converted $10 to sterling, they gave me the exact xe rate.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 03:01:12 AM »

Having said that, all the individual changes Amaya have made so far have been a little bit of bad news for players

Added together, it's a lot of bad news.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 03:51:05 AM »

This post probably explains the move:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=45023628&postcount=84

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 04:02:25 AM »

Just don't feel comfortable anymore Keith. I mean before these doughnuts took over it was all very much in favour of the players and improving the site to make it better for the players whether that meant better graphics table layouts or just better tournaments.

Now it seems like none of that is important anymore and it's as if they are saying "we have X amount of thousands playing every day, so now we are going to test the waters and see how much we can push out the economy". Seems very arrogant by them tbh and I don't think there is much love for making poker better with this company more so just to make as many bucks as possible before Internet poker fizzels out completely.

They are going about the right way of making it fizzle out that's for sure.

It's a hassle moving sites, I've always felt like it was my home but now I can't see that being the case anymore.

It's like if I go into a bookies and say take the price and it's 5/1 and within a second of her finding the race it's changed to 4/1 and they give me 4/1 because they can't do their job properly I'm not going back to them. Just on principle alone.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 04:09:02 AM »

Just don't feel comfortable anymore Keith. I mean before these doughnuts took over it was all very much in favour of the players and improving the site to make it better for the players whether that meant better graphics table layouts or just better tournaments.

Now it seems like none of that is important anymore and it's as if they are saying "we have X amount of thousands playing every day, so now we are going to test the waters and see how much we can push out the economy". Seems very arrogant by them tbh and I don't think there is much love for making poker better with this company more so just to make as many bucks as possible before Internet poker fizzels out completely.

They are going about the right way of making it fizzle out that's for sure.

It's a hassle moving sites, I've always felt like it was my home but now I can't see that being the case anymore.

It's like if I go into a bookies and say take the price and it's 5/1 and within a second of her finding the race it's changed to 4/1 and they give me 4/1 because they can't do their job properly I'm not going back to them. Just on principle alone.

I understand what you're saying and agree with a lot of it.

But even with all the stuff Amaya have done to make it worse, Stars is still 1000 times better than the next best.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:12:21 AM by The Camel » Logged

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »

Sorry for dim input.
Is this being just implemented on stars?

Surely make all deposits and withdrawals on full tilt and transfer between the wallets?

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

I haven't given this too much thought, but at first glance, I don't see a big problem for UK players?  Sure, if you live in Poland (or any country for that matter that doesn't have CAD$/US$/GBP/EUR) then it's going to be an issue for those players.. and maybe there is a knock-on effect when that slice gets removed from the ecosystem.  But historically, providing fx is not free so Stars have been wearing the financial cost of such deposits/withdrawals.

Back in UK-land, it looks like it can be avoided by poker players learning to be more careful when moving money across currency boundaries.  AFAICS, you deposit in GBP, your Stars cashier gets credited 100% of that GBP.  You can then subsequently move that to USD to play games, profit, move back to GBP within the Stars client and withdraw, with no "line loss" whatsoever?

The only Uk players to suffer would be the ones who clumsily go to their USD cashier page and withdraw money to their GBP bank directly.  In which case, they deserve what they get.

If I have misunderstood it, grateful if someone can put me right, ty!

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »

I haven't given this too much thought, but at first glance, I don't see a big problem for UK players?  Sure, if you live in Poland (or any country for that matter that doesn't have CAD$/US$/GBP/EUR) then it's going to be an issue for those players.. and maybe there is a knock-on effect when that slice gets removed from the ecosystem.  But historically, providing fx is not free so Stars have been wearing the financial cost of such deposits/withdrawals.

Back in UK-land, it looks like it can be avoided by poker players learning to be more careful when moving money across currency boundaries.  AFAICS, you deposit in GBP, your Stars cashier gets credited 100% of that GBP.  You can then subsequently move that to USD to play games, profit, move back to GBP within the Stars client and withdraw, with no "line loss" whatsoever?

The only Uk players to suffer would be the ones who clumsily go to their USD cashier page and withdraw money to their GBP bank directly.  In which case, they deserve what they get.

If I have misunderstood it, grateful if someone can put me right, ty!

A guy on Twitter said there is a cap on the amount you can transfer from $$$ to £££.

I have never hit it, so no idea if it is true.

If this is true, going to take ages to withdraw vig free if anyone wins the Sunday Million.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »

I think it's something like $3k in a day and maybe $10k in a month.  It might vary from player to player and you might be able to get them to increase limits for you should your account be appropriate.  I imagine the limits were put in place to stop it being possible for anyone to fx trade for meaningful amounts cost-free  (remember the Scandi tickle on Ladbrokes??)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: